Society The Donald J. Trump Show - 4 more years editions

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I'm almost done with the speech. It's excellent.
Charismatic, presidential, and hits all the right points.
When did this happen? He spent most of the time talking about improving the VA which is a no brainer, but a lot of his talking points either have nothing to do with the POTUS (deciding who gets promoted) or are unreasonable (having the POTUS's office handle VA complaints).

He doesn't sound presidential. He sounds like a guy that wants to be a leader in the VA. There is a lot more that goes into leading the free world.

I agree with improving infrastructure, but Obama tried to push us into new energy systems and that was met with a lot of opposition and ultimately failed. All he accomplished was hitting an industry hard before crawling back to them.

Then Trump went into talks about trade deals, but once again, didn't really say anything other than he's going to negotiate the best deals everz. Make America great again. Thank you. I love you all.

He didn't say anything that affects me.

IschKabibble

zero
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I keep hearing speculation that Hillary will announce a massive student debt forgiveness plan. That would be pretty big.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Think you're in the wrong thread.

Im jizzing red, white, and blue over here.

Also that was a speech to the national vfw.
I understand who the speech was given to in person. You guys were saying it was a great speech, he sounded presidential, and hit on all of the important points, so I checked out the speech and left disappointed. You are starting to sound like him.

"It was the best speech ever. He couldn't have been more presidential. His charisma is unmatched. He's going to make the office of the president great again! You'll see!"

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I keep hearing speculation that Hillary will announce a massive student debt forgiveness plan. That would be pretty big.
That is the deal she made with Sanders for endorsement accoridng to those early reports.

Tuition reforms and inflation rate student loan debt are good moves.

My government stafford loans are 6.8% lol. Total loan sharking.

None of it gets fixed with the plan of continuing to push more and more student access to loans. Must subsidize the institution for cost fixes. Not the purchaser.

I'm not sympathetic to the "student loan crisis" as a theme. There are certain high risk groups that need exmaining, but look at these numbers...

Student loan debt is only 31k average.
Average grad makes 50,400.

That is an EASY pay off. Move to the higher echelon of 50k loan debt making 50k/yr

Youre looking at 550 loan payment from age 22-32 with a beginning income of 3200/month (net! and more during tax refund).
The government already offers an IBR with loan forgiveness

The problem is drop outs...

Students With Less Than $5,000 In College Loan Debt Most Likely Group To Default

A new White House report found that loans of less than $10,000 accounted for nearly two-thirds of all defaults in 2011. Fewer than one in six undergraduate borrowers with $5,000 in initial debt completed college, a lower rate than higher borrowers.

But even then they are defaulting on 5k over 10-20 years.

Again, EASY pay off. 58-120 dollars a month over 10 years at the ludicrous rate of 6.8%.

Simply forgiving debt that could be easily paid by most of these people begs a closer review of why they are defaulting on bill lower than their cell phone.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I see the email address of Hrod17 and I picture someone that looks like this.....