Lifestyle The GOAT cuisine per continent in your opinion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yogurt drink, anytime you eat something too spicy dairy will settle it at both ends IE take away the burning sensation in your mouth and relieve the gut.

If you cant ingest dairy then cucumber will sooth your mouth but do fuck all for the gut.

Then there's these lassi :)

Gotcha. Never had it but sounds good. I'd definitely go for one of the lassi in that vid :D

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Gotcha. Never had it but sounds good. I'd definitely go for one of the lassi in that vid :D
I forget where youre at but nearly every food court indian place will have lassi available here, just look in the same fridge they keep the drinks in and it will be in a clear cup either pink, yellow or green in colour depending on what flavour. Wont be the stuff in the vid though :(

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Man I should share some of my shopping mall food court Indian food hacks with youse while we are at it. try this one;

Order two pieces of chicken tika and a naan of your choice
If you dont like the hot stuff just roll the chicken in the naan and add the rita (yogurt you get with the tika) and enjoy
Now if you like it hot take your roll over to the chinese place and steal some chopped peppers from the self serve condiment tray and add it to your roll. BOOM!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I forget where youre at but nearly every food court indian place will have lassi available here, just look in the same fridge they keep the drinks in and it will be in a clear cup either pink, yellow or green in colour depending on what flavour. Wont be the stuff in the vid though :(
Right on man, ill give it a try. I'm in Austin, we've got some decent Indian places so I hear, but I've never really gotten into Indian food. Not because of a distaste, but just haven't really explored it. That lassi sounds pretty good. My wife loves curry, I'll have her pick an Indian restaurant soon

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Right on man, ill give it a try. I'm in Austin, we've got some decent Indian places so I hear, but I've never really gotten into Indian food. Not because of a distaste, but just haven't really explored it. That lassi sounds pretty good. My wife loves curry, I'll have her pick an Indian restaurant soon
Outside of the UK ive not heard of a western country that has authentic Indian food available in restaurants. Good news is that its easy to make yourself and Indian grocers are easy to find. Dont let all the spices they use scare you, like I said its easy once you work out what spice achieves what IE hot/salty/sweet/smokey/ etc until then just follow the recipe

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Outside of the UK ive not heard of a western country that has authentic Indian food available in restaurants. Good news is that its easy to make yourself and Indian grocers are easy to find. Dont let all the spices they use scare you, like I said its easy once you work out what spice achieves what IE hot/salty/sweet/smokey/ etc until then just follow the recipe
Yeah, I can't speak to how authentic it would be, but there are a couple of Indian places here that multiple people have recommended. But I wouldn't know the difference lol. Austin has a ton of good food, so it wouldn't surprise me to find some good Indian. And there are a fair amount of Indians here.

No problem with all the spices and what not, my wife cooks a lot of different stuff and keeps a pretty diverse pantry with stuff like that. She helps keep my palate spectrum wide :)

There are some good markets here though as far as Asian/Indian, the wife loves those shops.

Last edited:

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
Yeah, I can't speak to how authentic it would be, but there are a couple of Indian places here that multiple people have recommended. But I would know the difference lol. Austin has a ton of good food, so it wouldn't surprise me to find some good Indian. And there are a fair amount of Indians here.

No problem with all the spices and what not, my wife cooks a lot of different stuff and keeps a pretty diverse pantry with stuff like that. She helps keep my palate spectrum wide :)

There are some good markets here though as far as Asian/Indian, the wife loves those shops.
Sounds good man, if ever you need an ingredient translated into English or whatever let me know but generally you can just google "english word for" and youll be fine

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Still not recovered from that Indian poison. Not left the house in over 24 hours now. Stomach still hurts. Fever seems to have gone tho.