The Great Outdoors

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I think I’ve driven in the parking lot but that was it. Is it better than the one in Parkland?
It's the best wildlife park in our area imo. All the good ones are in PBC. Green Cay has a better boardwalk, Wakodahatchee has more avian diversity, but this one is the only place you can see bobcats, green anoles, and alligators

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Saw a bobcat today. First time I've ever seen one. He was way too elusive for me to have time to snap a photo but this is the grass bed he had made beneath the boardwalk before I spooked him

I have no doubt he would've stuck around and chosen to confront any of you
Very cool. I've seen their tracks a few times, but I've never spotted one.

I'm sure they've seen me though.
Just as you were spared, I'm sure they noticed my badassedness and chose not to engage.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Also Grateful Dude @Grateful Dude I saw a southeastern five-lined skink today as well (apologies for the grainy photo)

Their range map says you don't have them in Texas but I imagine you have similar species.
Very cool, I like those guys. We have a similar one called the American five-lined skink (Plestiodon fasciatus), but that may be different from the southeastern one. Also common are brown skinks (also called ground skinks, Scincella lateralis). The lined ones and the brown ones are what I see most often, but I think there are several other species of skinks that can be found around here.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Saw a bobcat today. First time I've ever seen one. He was way too elusive for me to have time to snap a photo but this is the grass bed he had made beneath the boardwalk before I spooked him

I have no doubt he would've stuck around and chosen to confront any of you
Bobcats are so cool. I've only ever see one 3 times, and one of those was dead (found the carcass out in the woods, no idea what happened to it). The two live ones I saw were very brief observations, and then they were gone. They are really damn good at not being seen!

M

member 3289

Very cool, I like those guys. We have a similar one called the American five-lined skink (Plestiodon fasciatus), but that may be different from the southeastern one. Also common are brown skinks (also called ground skinks, Scincella lateralis). The lined ones and the brown ones are what I see most often, but I think there are several other species of skinks that can be found around here.
Ah ok. The southeastern one is Plestiodon inexpectatus and it's apparently difficult to distinguish from fasciatus

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bobcats are so cool. I've only ever see one 3 times, and one of those was dead (found the carcass out in the woods, no idea what happened to it). The two live ones I saw were very brief observations, and then they were gone. They are really damn good at not being seen!
My Ladies Mom's x husband had one that was raised from a tiny cub/kitten.

It walked thru the house like a normal pet

Lots of crazy stories about it...it scared me shitless, but my lady would rough house with it and has scars lol

It was such an amazing animal, name was miesha

A dog attacked it and it KOed said dog with a single right hook with only speed and it's declawed paw...dog out cold for a few seconds.

Also had it's canine(?) Teeth removed. Could still bite viciously if it wanted

Crazy stuff to interact with a big cat like that

I have seen 3 cougars in the wild and only 2 bobcats...and that is in thousands of days in fairly remote areas...sneaky creatures no doubt

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Drove up to Central Florida yesterday for a family thing. Left my house early in the morning so that I could squeeze in some nature time at a scrubland in Lake Wales:

Green anole (female, they can change color from green to brown):

Green anole (male) I saw on the homerun fence of a baseball field while walking back to my car:

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Wyoming now, Yellowstone tomorrow, then Glacier.
Just saw a bear...gonna have to post that later as I took it on the camera.
Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on earth. Love that place. Hopefully it's not too crowded for you. Too many humans can ruin that experience.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yellowstone is one of my favorite places on earth. Love that place. Hopefully it's not too crowded for you. Too many humans can ruin that experience.
8th. c CNN

A little more, finally got some service.