Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
I'm on the go so can't grab the actual Pew research on it, but it's an easy Google...
Americans views of wanting more gun laws have increased over the last few years and have recently been as high as they were right before we implemented the 1994 assault weapons ban.

I would not be surprised to see an assault weapons ban go through, but I also think that like 1994 it will not appreciably make a difference.
An anorexic, mental defective shut-in took an assault rifle to school and used it to murder 20 random six year olds. Most of them were hiding in a closet that he pumped dozens and dozens of bullets into.

Nothing changed after that, except that the Infowars crowd called it a deep state false flag psy-op.

A quarter century's worth of your children being trained with active-shooter drills at school has changed absolutely nothing.

High schools are being physically designed from the ground up around minimising the damage from a school shooter. Curved hallways to interrupt the path of a bullet. Buttons to fill the hallways with smoke. Bulletproof backpacks. Do you know how absolutely bizarre and surreal all this shit is to everyone else in the developed world?

??

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I’m surprised gun violence didn’t drop around ‘94?

All other crime rates across America dropped as the crack epidemic slowed down. This was how Rudy got praised as a crime fighter that made a difference in NY… people just conveniently ignored that crime rates dropped all across America as they touted things like Broken Windows Theory and Stop & Frisk laws.
"Assault weapons" aren't what typically are used in shootings.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
He wasn't talking about all gun owners
This was quoted from what you initially responded to.

JUST IN - David Chipman, Biden’s ATF nominee, labels American gun owners as "Tiger Kings" preparing for a zombie apocalypse

You seemed to (whether playing devil's advocate or not) agree with his position and backed it with links to bat shit crazy anonymous forum threads.

You're getting off topic with saying some fun owners are irresponsible. So are some car owners, and some knife owners, and so on. The issue that I'm assuming we're talking about is a person with a position of authority, falsely using forum chat to advance his agenda. Let's not demonize a group of diverse individuals by making those kinds of statements.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Well, I don't expect I will. Nobody I know has ever been the victim of a gun crime. Nobody I know has ever been threatened with a gun. I'm in a position to know firsthand what kind of crime is out there, and in New Zealand, gun crime is essentially zero. My home defence weapon is a rusty eel spear. If someone breaks in and I have to protect myself and my missus, there is basically zero chance that the intruder will have a gun. Even gang warfare home invasions here are usually carried out with baseball bats and machetes.

??
Not the case here.
But that toothpaste isn't going back into the tube.

So yeah. I keep a gun in the house.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Not the case here.
But that toothpaste isn't going back into the tube.

So yeah. I keep a gun in the house.
Exactly it's not the case there. Because there are so many guns everywhere, everybody has to assume that if they get into a confrontation with a stranger, then that stranger very realistically may be armed. Here, that's not the case. Burglars here don't carry guns. Corner stores get robbed with starter pistols.

And you guys have SO many random, senseless murders because of guns. So many road rage incidents become murders. So many simple burglaries end up with someone dead, when in any developed nation outside the US, the same incident ends with someone has a black eye. Your guns don't make anyone safer, they make your entire society worse. But your culture is pretty much "guns are cool toys". It's just a national tragedy, and it's never gonna change.

??

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This was quoted from what you initially responded to.

JUST IN - David Chipman, Biden’s ATF nominee, labels American gun owners as "Tiger Kings" preparing for a zombie apocalypse
Except he wasn't talking about all gun owners and you were falling for a tweet that has given out of context false narrative for you.

He was specifically talking a out the huge amount of first time gun buying in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and that if people are prepping with guns in response the pandemic that they aren't actually any safer, but rather less safe due to buying guns and also not having any training during that period.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Exactly it's not the case there. Because there are so many guns everywhere, everybody has to assume that if they get into a confrontation with a stranger, then that stranger very realistically may be armed. Here, that's not the case. Burglars here don't carry guns. Corner stores get robbed with starter pistols.

And you guys have SO many random, senseless murders because of guns. So many road rage incidents become murders. So many simple burglaries end up with someone dead, when in any developed nation outside the US, the same incident ends with someone has a black eye. Your guns don't make anyone safer, they make your entire society worse. But your culture is pretty much "guns are cool toys". It's just a national tragedy, and it's never gonna change.

??
I agree.
Guns are cool toys. ?

It is what it is. If the criminals have them, I'm damn sure going to have one.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
But your culture is pretty much "guns are cool toys
If that were the case we wouldn't have as many problems.
Guns are fetishized as the ultimate power. They are masculinity, ego protection, safety net for the unthinkable, etc.

If we were all just hobbyists a little more detached from them beyond being neat tools/"toys" we wouldn't have the culture that is afraid to implement any training requirements or limitations.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Guns are fetishized as the ultimate power. They are masculinity, ego protection, safety net for the unthinkable, etc.

If we were all just hobbyists a little more detached from them beyond being neat tools/"toys" we wouldn't have the culture that is afraid to implement any training requirements or limitations.

That is a real handgun that fires real bullets, and it's really available for sale.

These are also real guns.

I mean, you definitely have real, legitimate points to make, and there certainly is a real discussion to be had, but........ yeah, culturally, as a nation, you guys treat them like a) dick extenders, or b) toys. They are neither.

??

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

The reason the culture exists that resists training requirements and limitations is that there are those who recognize there's no end to the desired limitations.

If memory serves the current ATF nominee is a former anti gun lobbyist or something along those lines. You probably shouldn't be quick to be giving him the benefit of the doubt when he says outlandish things.

*Edit: He currently works for Gifford's.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
He was specifically talking a out the huge amount of first time gun buying in response to the Coronavirus pandemic and that if people are prepping with guns
I'll take your word for it. Sounds like he's after democrat gun owners then.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...wners-see-2020-self-defense-is-self-care.html

"Gun control tends to be a clear red-and-blue issue in American politics, but the general uptick in gun ownership among people across the political spectrum — 2020 will be a record year for firearm sales in the U.S. — points to the possibility that the Democratic Party may include more gun owners in the future than it has in the recent past"

Most gun toting conservatives have had guns for quite some time before the 2020 election. It's common knowledge that during the blm burning of the country in 2020, gun shop owners reported more first time gun buyers than anyone else.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'll take your word for it. Sounds like he's after democrat gun owners then.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...wners-see-2020-self-defense-is-self-care.html

"Gun control tends to be a clear red-and-blue issue in American politics, but the general uptick in gun ownership among people across the political spectrum — 2020 will be a record year for firearm sales in the U.S. — points to the possibility that the Democratic Party may include more gun owners in the future than it has in the recent past"

Most gun toting conservatives have had guns for quite some time before the 2020 election. It's common knowledge that during the blm burning of the country in 2020, gun shop owners reported more first time gun buyers than anyone else.

I don't disagree with any of that. But just because it's Democrats buying guns doesn't change my opinion on any of it. Untrained people buying guns to use without an education are dangerous and should be discouraged. Buying guns because of a respiratory virus is about as smart as buying out all the toilet paper.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
An anorexic, mental defective shut-in took an assault rifle to school and used it to murder 20 random six year olds. Most of them were hiding in a closet that he pumped dozens and dozens of bullets into.

Nothing changed after that, except that the Infowars crowd called it a deep state false flag psy-op.

A quarter century's worth of your children being trained with active-shooter drills at school has changed absolutely nothing.

High schools are being physically designed from the ground up around minimising the damage from a school shooter. Curved hallways to interrupt the path of a bullet. Buttons to fill the hallways with smoke. Bulletproof backpacks. Do you know how absolutely bizarre and surreal all this shit is to everyone else in the developed world?

??
"active-shooter drills" are very recent, and it's all completely unnecessary. It's nothing more than politicians and administrators who wield fear-mongering to justify spending money.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Wrong again

Utah Gun Company Responds To Critics Over "Block 19" LEGO Gun

"If you were hoping to get your hands on Culper Precision’s “Block 19” kit, you’re out of luck. Thanks to a cease and desist letter from LEGO"
So I'm wrong, because.......... your link shows it's a real product that really exists, is a real gun that fires real rounds, and was sold by a real company until they got a trademark infringement notice?

Okay mate, good one. ?

??

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015
So I'm wrong, because.......... your link shows it's a real product that really exists, is a real gun that fires real rounds, and was sold by a real company until they got a trademark infringement notice?

Okay mate, good one. ?

??
Your post says it's really available for sale.

Greenbean

Posting Machine
Nov 14, 2015

Okay mate, good one. ?

??
They were bombarded with hate speech. Too bad hate speech isnt illegal.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Your post says it's really available for sale.
Oh sorry, it WAS available for sale direct from the manufacturer, until the most famous toy company on the planet sent them a cease and desist letter due to trademark infringement.

Now it's only available for sale on the private market.

??