Society The Joseph R Biden Show

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
K @kaladin stormblessed the way I see it, the people who feel the need to have a “unique” pronoun, are no different than people who dive deep into Qanon garbage.
I dont know what its like to be in their shoes, so I can't empathize either

As a result, this analogy may not be accurate. But its the best I've got accordingly to my limited understanding of their views

Let's say I go for a trail run. And I'm in the zone. I imagine myself as Natty Bummpo

I'm not actually Natty Bummpo. But in those moments, identifying as that makes me enjoy those moments of life in a different way then as myself

People who don't identify as their biological sex might be doing something similar on a more frequent basis

I can sort of understand the girl identifying as guy, guy as girl, or either as non-binary. I can rationalize that

Identifying as a tooth is hard to understand. But I dont need to understand it

And that innocent kid in that video isn't harming anyone.

Q-anOn is much different, and does harm people and society

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

As a result, this analogy may not be accurate. But its the best I've got accordingly to my limited understanding of their views

Let's say I go for a trail run. And I'm in the zone. I imagine myself as Natty Bummpo

I'm not actually Natty Bummpo. But in those moments, identifying as that makes me enjoy those moments of life in a different way then as myself

People who don't identify as their biological sex might be doing something similar on a more frequent basis

I can sort of understand the girl identifying as guy, guy as girl, or either as non-binary. I can rationalize that

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Enabling their happiness? Sure. Im down with that
Being called "tooth" makes someone happy?
I think they are just trolling people. Certain members of society are in a bid for attention, and they obtain it by out-weirding everyone else.

I'm not taking the bait.
I will not call someone "tooth" unless he has like 1 really huge front tooth and people call him that because it's a nickname.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Being called "tooth" makes someone happy?
I think they are just trolling people. Certain members of society are in a bid for attention, and they obtain it by out-weirding everyone else.

I'm not taking the bait.
I will not call someone "tooth" unless he has like 1 really huge front tooth and people call him that because it's a nickname.
I don't get it. But i think it may be similar to how i don't get art

Earlier I mentioned identifying as natty bummpko (the last of the mohcians dude when he's running up the cliff). That's a real thing I do

I'd imagine that there are people that do something similar with the dragon in "how to train your dragon" despite it being a cartoon dragon

Maybe people identify as a tiger or a dolphin. Maybe an oak tree or a willow for its ability to be flexible. A leaf for the way it goes with the wind

I dont know what someone could identify with in a tooth, but that's their call

In terms of attention, yes... there's going to be that. But i am wired to give people the benefit of the doubt

And, more importantly, there are people who use that line of reasoning in very disgusting ways

As an example, people will go around saying that kids are gay because it's cool to be gay. That time of framing often coincides with people who views gays as immoral or deserving of death

I have a non binary friend. I don't get it. And I think of her as a girl. But she doesn't think of herself as a girl. And I don't need to understand what's going through her head.

She's an introvert that doesn't seek any attention. And she is non binary. And anyone thst hurts her in front of me will bleed because she's a beautiful person

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I don't get it. But i think it may be similar to how i don't get art

Earlier I mentioned identifying as natty bummpko (the last of the mohcians dude when he's running up the cliff). That's a real thing I do

I'd imagine that there are people that do something similar with the dragon in "how to train your dragon" despite it being a cartoon dragon

Maybe people identify as a tiger or a dolphin. Maybe an oak tree or a willow for its ability to be flexible. A leaf for the way it goes with the wind

I dont know what someone could identify with in a tooth, but that's their call

In terms of attention, yes... there's going to be that. But i am wired to give people the benefit of the doubt

And, more importantly, there are people who use that line of reasoning in very disgusting ways

As an example, people will go around saying that kids are gay because it's cool to be gay. That time of framing often coincides with people who views gays as immoral or deserving of death

I have a non binary friend. I don't get it. And I think of her as a girl. But she doesn't think of herself as a girl. And I don't need to understand what's going through her head.

She's an introvert that doesn't seek any attention. And she is non binary. And anyone thst hurts her in front of me will bleed because she's a beautiful person
Bruce Lee said "be like water"

Bruce Lee never said "call me water"

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Religion is a similar topic

Many of you believe in God. My family does. I used to

But nowadays I don't. And if someone thinks they speak to God, I think they are out of their fuckin mind

Not really. But in terms of that. Yeah. Looney.

But it doesn't affect me. God makes my mother and sister happy. So I love that they believe in their gods.

The guy or girl in Wills video seemed to like teeth. It wss strange as hell. But I also found it endearing lol

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
And anyone thst hurts her in front of me will bleed because she's a beautiful person
she?
SHE?!?!?!?

I kid. Tooth sounds awesome.

I kid again.

I hear you but I still think 95% of these people are whack and just doing it because it's the "in" thing to do.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

Do you need people to address you as Natty Bummpo tho?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
she?
SHE?!?!?!?

I kid. Tooth sounds awesome.

I kid again.

I hear you but I still think 95% of these people are whack and just doing it because it's the "in" thing to do.
OK I'll cave a little

I get real annoyed when I hear people say someone is gay or trans bc its the cool thing to do

People are gay or trans bc its who they are

In terms of pronouns, it is a bit silly imo. And I used be against the terms "they/them" on principle since it's plural

But @conor mcgregor nut hugger gave an example of "they/them" being used as singular in ordinary speech

Like if you don't know who broke a window. You might tell a friend "I wonder what caused them to do this" (a non-gender way of referencing a singular human with a plural word)

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Do you need people to address you as Natty Bummpo tho?
It's not about need. It's about preference. My friend preferred to be called they/them or human. Since I was against they/them at the time, I always called her human

I had the option of not being friends with her. She wasn't forcing me to be part of her life

But I am a better version of myself due to having her in my life

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
It's not about need. It's about preference. My friend preferred to be called they/them or human. Since I was against they/them at the time, I always called her human

I had the option of not being friends with her. She wasn't forcing me to be part of her life

What repercussions should you have faced for calling her human? Fired? YouTube channel shut down? Public humiliation?

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
OK I'll cave a little

I get real annoyed when I hear people say someone is gay or trans bc its the cool thing to do

People are gay or trans bc its who they are

In terms of pronouns, it is a bit silly imo. And I used be against the terms "they/them" on principle since it's plural

But @conor mcgregor nut hugger gave an example of "they/them" being used as singular in ordinary speech

Like if you don't know who broke a window. You might tell a friend "I wonder what caused them to do this" (a non-gender way of referencing a singular human with a plural word)
I'm good with they/them. Any standard pronoun. But if someone wants to be a dolphin then I just want to give them the number to a good therapist and then accuse them of appropriating what they perceive a dolphin to be.
I won't actually go out of my way to be mean but I won't call someone something goofy just because they think that they're a field mouse either.

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I grew up in one of the gayest trans-ists places in the US.

This whole thing is laughable to me.

No need to complicate life with all the labels and expectations.

"hi human" is kinda funny tho, problem is some people might be offended at that label haha

Back to the Thread Title...FUck Joe Brandon

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
What repercussions should you have faced for calling her human? Fired? YouTube channel shut down? Public humiliation?
Since we were in nothing but a friendship, it was her call how to respond whenever I referred her as she or her. She happened to not care

And if others judged me judged me for using the wrong term, so be it. I don't care about anyone's opinions of me lol

I think you're eluding to a better question tho. How should this be enforced in a professional environment?

In the past, I wouldve said it's assanine to use anything besides him or her

Nowadays, I think they/them can be enforced. If I mistakenly referred to a non-binary girl as she in convo, I should not be fire

If I was informed or her request to be they/them and I slip up. Same thing. This will take time to become a natural way of referring to non binary people

But if I went around the office mocking a girl for being non-binary and wanting me to say they/them, but I refuse to do it. Then that would mean I'm a sad little dude who needs a life and should be fired

Buuuut... I'm not referring to anyone as tooth lol

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I grew up in one of the gayest places in the US.

"hi human" is kinda funny tho, problem is some people might be offended at that label haha
Not gonna lie. It sounds weird every time I fucken say it. I want to slap her and say I'm using she/her so badly lol

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I grew up in one of the gayest trans-ists places in the US.

Back to the Thread Title...FUck Joe Brandon
20220610_102019.jpg