The Wheel of Time (November 2021)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I'm not sure anymore what is in which books, so dunno. But I trust ya on this.

If they put too much stuff in people will be overwhelmed, or characters will not get enough time. Seeing as you have a lot of important characters right of the bat, it won't be easy to find the right balance.
baelon is the nearest "big" town to Emond's Field

so its the first "city" that they temporarily stop at on their journey. they later realize that baelon was just a town in comparison to the major cities out there

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
baelon is the nearest "big" town to Emond's Field

so its the first "city" that they temporarily stop at on their journey. they later realize that baelon was just a town in comparison to the major cities out there
Yeah, it wasn't that important anyway iirc.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
"fun" fact: robert jordan died before finishing the series. and my favoritr author (man who is writing the books with kaladin stormblessed) wrote the last three "the wheel of time" books (using extensive notes that jordan left before passing away)
I've been wanting to start the wheel of time series for a long time. I read a lot of sci-fi, but not as much fantasy. Although I did like some obscure early Gary Gygax novels.

Worth starting now?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I've been wanting to start the wheel of time series for a long time. I read a lot of sci-fi, but not as much fantasy. Although I did like some obscure early Gary Gygax novels.

Worth starting now?
are you a fan of any high-fantasy? if so, which?

umbrella answer tho: yes. its fantastic for the genre. one of the best series in the genre for sure (a number of slow points. but well worth the ride)

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
are you a fan of any high-fantasy? if so, which?

umbrella answer tho: yes. its fantastic for the genre. one of the best series in the genre for sure (a number of slow points. but well worth the ride)
I actually don't think I've read high fantasy at all, but I love world-building. Should I just start with The Eye of the World?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
I actually don't think I've read high fantasy at all, but I love world-building. Should I just start with The Eye of the World?
yeah read by publication order. there's a prequel book called "new spring" but it was written after book 9 or 10ish. if you read that first, then you'll lose out on the mystery of who is good and who is bad in book 1 "the eye of the world"

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
just a heads up that the show-runner (rafe judkins) said that season 1 would be mainly book1. with some from book 2 and some from book 3.

but i tend to believe the book 2 and 3 stuff is more about finding ways to introduce characters into season 1 that arent in the books until season 2 or 3

so if you're the type who likes to read before watching when thats an option, reading book 1 before season 1 should suffice

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
I can’t stand waiting for weekly episodes. I’m really excited for the series but I am thinking about waiting until I can binge the entire thing. ?