General Things you just bought.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Inflatable Paddle Board

Nice aluminum trailer

Lever action .410

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Is the top left rating for the quality or the content of the story? Will you open them and read them or what? I would.
Yes the upper left is a score on the quality of the physical book, its a .5-10 scale.
I'll read digital versions of them or versions that are more beat up. We started our own collection and one for my son.

Standard Grading Scale
CGC grades comic books, magazines, concert posters and lobby cards using a highly accurate 10-point grading scale. Below are CGC’s grading standards for each numeric grade. For the similar 10-point scale used by CGC Trading Cards, click on Trading Cards above.

Gem Mint10.0

The highest grade assigned. The collectible must have no evidence of any manufacturing or handling defects.
Mint9.9

The collectible is nearly indistinguishable from a 10.0 but will have a very minor manufacturing defect. It will not have any evidence of handling defects.
NM/M9.8

A nearly perfect collectible with negligible handling or manufacturing defects.
NM+9.6

A very well-preserved collectible with several minor manufacturing or handling defects.
NM9.4

A very well-preserved collectible with minor wear and small manufacturing or handling defects.
NM-9.2

A very well-preserved collectible with some wear and small manufacturing or handling defects.
VF/NM9.0

A very well-preserved collectible with good eye appeal. There will be a number of minor handling and/or manufacturing defects.
VF+8.5

An attractive collectible with a moderate defect or a number of small defects.
VF8.0

An attractive collectible with a moderate defect or an accumulation of small defects.
VF-7.5

An above-average collectible with a moderate defect or an accumulation of small defects.
FN/VF7.0

An above-average collectible with a major defect or an accumulation of small defects.
FN+6.5

An above-average collectible with a major defect and some smaller defects, or a significant accumulation of small defects.
FN6.0

A slightly above-average collectible with a major defect and some smaller defects, or a significant accumulation of small defects.
FN-5.5

A slightly above-average collectible with several moderate defects.
VG/FN5.0

An average collectible with several moderate defects.
VG+4.5

A slightly below-average collectible with multiple moderate defects.
VG4.0

A below-average collectible with multiple moderate defects.
VG-3.5

A below-average collectible with several major defects or an accumulation of multiple moderate defects.
G/VG3.0

A collectible that shows significant evidence of handling with several moderate-to-major defects.
G2.5

A collectible that shows extensive evidence of handling with multiple moderate-to-major defects.
G2.0

A collectible that shows extensive evidence of handling with numerous moderate-to-major defects.
G-1.8

A collectible that shows extensive evidence of handling with numerous major defects.
Fa/G1.5

A collectible that shows extensive evidence of handling with a heavy accumulation of major defects.
Fa1.0

A very poorly handled collectible with a heavy accumulation of major defects.
Poor0.5

A heavily defaced collectible with a number major defects. Some pieces will also be missing.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yes the upper left is a score on the quality of the physical book, its a 1-10 scale.
I'll read digital versions of them or versions that are more beat up. We started our own collection and one for my son.
Are comics a bit like Bitcoin then? Where they make a limited amount for print and that's that? Then over time I guess they become more rare etc. I might just go to the store and buy a bunch of first episode comics and maybe one day they will get a cult following or something. I used to have a mortal Kombat comic when I was a kid. I also had that panzer dragoon game on Sega Saturn. I bet I've had a fair few rare games over the years. I used them all tho I was never collecting

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I think it's caused by lack of athletic ability. When I have a busy day my feet hurt. And I guess my brain fucked me over and changed the way I walked that day because my work shoes rubbed through my sock then my skin. Now it's tough to get it happy again.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Are comics a bit like Bitcoin then? Where they make a limited amount for print and that's that? Then over time I guess they become more rare etc. I might just go to the store and buy a bunch of first episode comics and maybe one day they will get a cult following or something. I used to have a mortal Kombat comic when I was a kid. I also had that panzer dragoon game on Sega Saturn. I bet I've had a fair few rare games over the years. I used them all tho I was never collecting
Yea kind of, that's my understanding. I personally am focusing on MCU related comics, late 80's early 90's X-Men that the cartoon was based off of, and modern ones.

You want to focus on 1st printing of 1st issues and also first full appearance of a character. The 3 X-Men ones are all first Jubilee and are worth about 200-300 a piece.

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Yea kind of, that's my understanding. I personally am focusing on MCU related comics, late 80's early 90's X-Men that the cartoon was based off of, and modern ones.

You want to focus on 1st printing of 1st issues and also first full appearance of a character. The 3 X-Men ones are all first Jubilee and are worth about 200-300 a piece.
I remember seeing some random youtube video about the Death of Superman issue being released. Obviously it was heavily hyped and went mainstream, and there must have been a high profile sale of Action Comics #1 at around the same time, because the video had all this footage of all those idiots at the comic book store saying "I'm gonna buy 10 copies of this and put them in a ziplock bag, and 50 years from now they'll be worth a fortune!"

Yeah........... that's not how it works, I'm sorry. :smile:

??

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I remember seeing some random youtube video about the Death of Superman issue being released. Obviously it was heavily hyped and went mainstream, and there must have been a high profile sale of Action Comics #1 at around the same time, because the video had all this footage of all those idiots at the comic book store saying "I'm gonna buy 10 copies of this and put them in a ziplock bag, and 50 years from now they'll be worth a fortune!"

Yeah........... that's not how it works, I'm sorry. :smile:

??
Not a fortune but still worth more than the few bucks they were when they came out. Almost 8k on 50 of them isn't terrible.
1623946769090.png

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I mean the other way around. So pedalboard to amp rather than guitar to pedalboard. I'd like to delete the cable from my pedalboard to my amp.
I'm very stoned atm, but I think to do it you'd need two of em. And I'm not sure how the signal might be affected.
For now I have a cable running from my board to the amp.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
I recently acquired this enail, and it's another absolute winner of a purchase.
The nail has been running around 625°, and it's almost too easy. This is a gem that sips current, so I leave it on most of the day.

Screenshot_20210617-151020_Chrome.jpg

... also, you have to be careful as it's very sneaky and hard to see because of the camo. It'll sneak up on ya

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I recently acquired this enail, and it's another absolute winner of a purchase.
The nail has been running around 625°, and it's almost too easy. This is a gem that sips current, so I leave it on most of the day.

View attachment 38900

... also, you have to be careful as it's very sneaky and hard to see because of the camo. It'll sneak up on ya
Wtf is that. It looks like a countersunk buttplug for terminators