General TIL thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You want a space laser demonstration? Just wait till wildfire season
They are called DEWs and they aren't even Jewish...everybody has them

People are ordering them off the internet right now

If your gonna use yours...please stop melting cars, aim better, be better.

T

The Big Guy

How the fuck did the fucken fuck fuck mongoloids that are zuffa release Mike perry before having him fight Darren till first?

That fight had such an awesome story and history. It needed to happen.
Till would have beat perry's ass pretty easily I'd assume but who knows perry could probably outwrestle him . Atleast now I can drive 30 minutes south and see him fight in BKFC for probably 30$ a ticket

M

member 1013

Bruv a laser can’t be Jewish it’s not sentient.

These were the early space lasers, highly experimental

look up when it happened

T

The Big Guy

Are these legal?

I want a direct energy weapon

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bruv a laser can’t be Jewish it’s not sentient.

These were the early space lasers, highly experimental

look up when it happened
I was accused of believing in jewish space lasers by a democrat because I wasn't masking up
Then I looked it up online and I think it was some weird left wing spin news story or something

Can't fucking believe these guys got all these lasers up there now...crazy times...run a zig zag if you need to evade one

T

The Big Guy

Whilst searching the interwebs I came across defenses for DEWs that I though were intresting

"For modern DEW's, simply surrouns yourself with fog, mist dust, etc. Any particles like those would scatter the high-energy particles of a DEW and cause rapid-blooming.

If the DEW in question is a laser, a mirror can protect you.

If we're talking more advanced DEWs, like plasma, then an ablative material can do the job for you. Other than that, plasma bolts would have to be encased either in a ploymer that can withstand the temperature of the plasma, or on a magnetic confinement bottle. You can either use a polymer of the same material (if the plasma is encased in one) to protect yourself or a magnetic field (if it's using a magnetic containment bottle) of similar strength to the MCB to divert the plasma away from you."

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Whilst searching the interwebs I came across defenses for DEWs that I though were intresting

"For modern DEW's, simply surrouns yourself with fog, mist dust, etc. Any particles like those would scatter the high-energy particles of a DEW and cause rapid-blooming.

If the DEW in question is a laser, a mirror can protect you.

If we're talking more advanced DEWs, like plasma, then an ablative material can do the job for you. Other than that, plasma bolts would have to be encased either in a ploymer that can withstand the temperature of the plasma, or on a magnetic confinement bottle. You can either use a polymer of the same material (if the plasma is encased in one) to protect yourself or a magnetic field (if it's using a magnetic containment bottle) of similar strength to the MCB to divert the plasma away from you."
or run a zig zag

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I learned they are now using cocaine for (pig) heart transplants. I think it was Splinty @Splinty 's idea.