General TMMAC Carpentry/DIY Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm in the market for a cordless circular saw. Mostly handyman type stuff, might build a large storage shed next to the house...other than that, just whacking 2X4s and plywood for DIY projects.

most of my cordless stuff is Hitachi, corded is Bosch or Porter Cable, but I have all of it for a long time - I'm OK with moving to a new platform and swapping out tools as I go. I kind of want a worm-drive, but that's just my inner carpenter talking. I think direct-drive is more appropriate for what I'm doing.

ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon
@Lars

or anyone else...
Buy something that carries the same battery pack as your current tools

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Buy something that carries the same battery pack as your current tools
that's Hitachi...but that's just a drill and light. Almost everything is corded. mostly work in the garage, gave my old generator away when I moved from OR...so I'm in the market for a platform...just the circular is the first corded tool to die.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
that's Hitachi...but that's just a drill and light. Almost everything is corded. mostly work in the garage, gave my old generator away when I moved from OR...so I'm in the market for a platform...just the circular is the first corded tool to die.
Dewalt and Milwaukee are the tops for cordless saws. Not a big fan of milwaukee, just find it uncomfortable. A preference thing more than anything.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
wife bought me a Milwaukee M18 7 1/4" circular saw (with battery and charger) for $250.

big today-only sale on Milwaukee and Dewalt cordless tools and kits...most of it ~ half off.

tag folks who might be interested.