TMMAC Member AMA/Q&A: @BJTT_Kiwi

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
All these rogue random AMAs are pissing me off lmfao I'm going to hang out on twitter until my eye stops twitching. did people have to pay to post threads before? they're like teen boys who just learned they can make white goo come spurting out
If only that white goo helped with the stickyness.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
NZ is high on my list of places to visit one of these days soon. That and Tassie. Most of my life I've been a solo traveler, but as I get older, I don't enjoy it as much, has to be the right kind of place/vibe, etc. Plus, I'm at that age where I'm spoiled and am not staying in hostels with 22 years olds, just, no. I need my own bathroom lol.

That said, any advice on parts of NZ that would be cool to check out as a solo traveler?
It's a cool place to visit :)
My recommendation is if you come in winter, then focus on the South Island - or if it's summer, then stay north.
Travelling is really easy, and you are never more than an hour from a beach no matter where you are in the country.
Solo travelling - up north is definitely the Bay of Islands (Paihia/Russell), sand dunes towards Cape Reinga. Matakana is all good too for a lazy wine trail. Rotorua (the stinky mud place) is incredible.
South Island, hit up Nelson, cruise (boat) the Marlborough Sounds and don't miss Queenstown.
Had some Australian friends do a trip last year, and I put together an itinerary for them. It's hard to beat local knowledge.
More than happy to do the same thing for you if you like.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
you have the power to cure 1 specific disease (ex. cancer would have to be 'lung' 'liver' 'uteran' etc) what would you choose to cure forever more?

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
How do you alleviate your aggravation?
That's an easy one - booze, weights and boxing gloves.
Not necessarily in that order, but it's definitely listed from most to least.

Wife is a qualified yoga instructor, so a bit of bending and stretching too once in a while.

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
What do you remember from dying twice?
Without going into too much detail and risk derailing this thread, here we go...

Both times were due to an allergic reaction, and I was on a hospital bed when they happened.
As my heart stopped (was stopping) I remember thinking, so this is what it feels like to die - and it was a very peaceful feeling.
I remember going to a dark place, and there was a continued stream of awareness - I knew I was somewhere, and that I was "present".
It felt large and was very quiet, the only thing I could hear were my own thoughts.

I no longer have a fear of death.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
Without going into too much detail and risk derailing this thread, here we go...

Both times were due to an allergic reaction, and I was on a hospital bed when they happened.
As my heart stopped (was stopping) I remember thinking, so this is what it feels like to die - and it was a very peaceful feeling.
I remember going to a dark place, and there was a continued stream of awareness - I knew I was somewhere, and that I was "present".
It felt large and was very quiet, the only thing I could hear were my own thoughts.

I no longer have a fear of death.
other than the medical details, please go in depth! (unless its too personal) This is your thread do what you like Kiwi :kissingclosed:

BJTT_Kiwi

Jun 25, 2015
you have the power to cure 1 specific disease (ex. cancer would have to be 'lung' 'liver' 'uteran' etc) what would you choose to cure forever more?
That's another easy one - Glioblastoma Multiforme (brain cancer).

My mother (still alive) was stage 4, and has had two crainotomy operations to remove the tumor (size of your fist) from her brain.
The battle continues, but she is defying the odds and doing well at the moment.