Tony Ferguson vs Kevin Lee official for UFC 216 for Lightweight Interim Title

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Gaethje nuthugger here but I like this fight a lot too. Justin is scheduled to fight Alvarez next right? That's a good match up for him.
This is just my impression & I could be wrong, but I think the UFC is resistant to giving champs & contenders from other orgs title fights without getting a couple of UFC wins first. I'd love to see Gaethje vs. Tony as much as anyone, but the UFC says it has the best fighters in the world (which is probably true). If someone who spent years in another org saunters in & wins the belt, it kind of ruins that idea.

soundoff71

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2015
Kevin Lee needed one more big win imo and would have made for better TV on tuf. Gaethje vs Ferguson would have been fireworks. Also Lee just came off that controversial stoppage so there isnt much buzz there, where as Gaethje just came off one of the best fights this year.
Agreed, one more win & a TUF appearance could've been great for Lee, & Gaethje vs Ferguson would've been war.

I blame any controversial stoppages on Mario Yamasaki, though. Quite frankly, he fucked up. Lee dominated that fight. All Mario had to do was let Chiesa go to sleep. It robbed Lee of a big victory, but he still dominated, & Chiesa looked like he was done.

If UFC has any brains, they can use the little sequence between Feg & Lee on Fox Sports 1 to their advantage. In this Conor/reality TV era, cock-shaped loudmouthed bloviating goes a long way.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This is just my impression & I could be wrong, but I think the UFC is resistant to giving champs & contenders from other orgs title fights without getting a couple of UFC wins first. I'd love to see Gaethje vs. Tony as much as anyone, but the UFC says it has the best fighters in the world (which is probably true). If someone who spent years in another org saunters in & wins the belt, it kind of ruins that idea.
100% agree.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Well they gave Jake Shields, Gilbert Melendez and Eddie Alvarez a similar deal of "win debut, guaranteed title fight" but both Melendez and Alvarez lost their debuts and Jake Shields almost lost his to Kampmann but got the nod and got his title shot.