UFC 185: Fight Discussion - March 14, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Recap of UFC 185:

- Cejudo has the biggest head in the UFC
- Khabib is the best 155 pound fighter in the world
- The entire TUF house are worse fighters than Carla, this division sucks
- Askren is the best 170 pound fighter in the world

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
dacofty is taking this Pettis loss hard Lol...feel yrs bro out jbj ever loses I'm with you..though he's the user
Hey I'll fully admit Pettis could have been using too, but that was unnatural Cardio I have never seen a single Brazillian ever have and his S&C coach works with Blackhouse who are being exposed these days.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I wish some reporter would have sack enough to ask Dana or whatever lackie he trots out for the Post Presser about contradicting their "Commitment to beat off and pretend they are cleaning up their cum"

Whoops I mean "Cleaning up the sport"
I honestly wish someone would straight up say to Lorenzo

"With your recent crusade against PEDs, many people have called into question if you yourself are a user of steroids & HGH. You could ask the same questions of Dana & your brother. What do you have to say to that and how can we expect to take your campaign against these drugs seriously when you gained 70 lbs of muscle mass in your late 40s"?

That's why the MMA media has no guts. If this were a real "sport", you bet your ass an independent journalist not nly WOULD ask that, but would e protected and not barred from attending and covering events.

Zuffa buries anyone who doesn't play by the rules. Remember the leaked Jeremy Botter memo sent to Bleacher Report staff on how to not piss Dana off and get on his good side?

Lol. Sad

Either way, good night of fights. We all know the PED campaign s a joke (for now anyway). We'll see. In the mean time.. great fights are great

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
For now, all the credit to Dos Anjos that was vicious and superb

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
This is some real negative shit. Innocent till proven guilty. More stringent testing is coming, until then just accept that it is an even playing field in the sense that anyone can be using.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
This is some real negative shit. Innocent till proven guilty. More stringent testing is coming, until then just accept that it is an even playing field in the sense that anyone can be using.
Except for Silva Vs Diaz, which wasn't, but you're right otherwise, but having this fight in Texas was idiotic begin with because no one can be proven guilty tonight and the UFC just shrugs after beating their chest about the outrage of it all.

I'm just frustrated and venting

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I guess the
Also. Would not surprise me at all if RDA was juiced up.

Pettis either. So yea... it's MMA with millions and millions at stake. Who knows? I'm just happy we saw an awesome night of fights

Khabib should fight RDA now then Pettis vs Cerrone for next title shot IMO. Fuck the current match up
Nah, Cerrone vs Khabib for a chance at the title. Or give it straight to Cerrone.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
dacofty is taking this Pettis loss hard Lol...feel ya bro if jbj ever loses I'm with you..though he's the user
not at all I dont really care for either of those fighters, just seems crazy that texas isnt testing the fighters after the big UFC presser

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Is this fact or speculation?
The Texas commisionner was asked about OOC testing, and he responded they do no such thing and it's "Never been brought up and would have to be at a meeting"

No one asked Zuffa shit since then.

The alternate theory is that it's a bait and switch, but it's Texas, I only remember weed failures ever coming out of Texas which they treat like crack and worse than PED's

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/1...-wont-give-random-out-of-competition-tests-to

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
dacofty is taking this Pettis loss hard Lol...feel ya bro if jbj ever loses I'm with you..though he's the user

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/1...-wont-give-random-out-of-competition-tests-to

Id guess if a fighter or fight camp knew before hand that there was no chance of being tested until fight time they have to take the chance of getting the cycle right. If they get it right the sjys the limit get it wrong and oh shit!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
BTW

UG's thread for 185 discussion:

1,411 posts

This one:

Pretty fucking crazy how fast this place is growing

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Texas is notorious for being the most lenient/bullshit state when it comes to athletic commissions and fights. Their refs are horrible, the entire AC sucks. Never drug testing, sometimes not even post fight drug testing, etc.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Congrats to this site for kicking ass tonight. Was a few minor hiccups. The gifs slowed the posting down a bit but other then that great job.

Feb 28, 2015
I wrote a big reply about PEDs but then I just thought, PEDS=YAWN....maybe I'll share my thoughts another day on the subject. Not sure why people act so outraged over it. It's a part of all pro sports, is what it is, not going away. Bed time. Hope I don't dream about nandro. Peace out y'all, see you soon, will def try to jump in more often in between fight night forum parties :)

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The Texas commisionner was asked about OOC testing, and he responded they do no such thing and it's "Never been brought up and wou
I wrote a big reply about PEDs but then I just thought, PEDS=YAWN....maybe I'll share my thoughts another day on the subject. Not sure why people act so outraged over it. It's a part of all pro sports, is what it is, not going away. Bed time. Hope I don't dream about nandro. Peace out y'all, see you soon, will def try to jump in more often in between fight night forum parties :)
My point is pick a way of doing it. Either no testing or all now and enough talk that has been going on for over a year, creating a selective system with holes or taking events places you can't demand testing will only create timebombs that kill your sport because of the inconsistent treatment of the use. I don't care if guys use as long as the policy supports it.

If it doesn't then all you do is turn your sport's momentum into Swiss cheese. I have no moral objection to steroids, I have an entertainment value objection to being bogged down in inconsistent policy.

SickEye

"Sim sala bim bamba sala do saladim"
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
not at all I dont really care for either of those fighters, just seems crazy that texas isnt testing the fighters after the big UFC presser
BTW

UG's thread for 185 discussion:

1,411 posts

This one:

Pretty fucking crazy how fast this place is growing
This place is fucking MILES ahead of the UG in terms of innovation. It's not even close.

The sad thing is...the UG happily takes $30 per blue name to run a half assed site with laughably ludicrous 'UG Blog' posts.

I could go on and on...

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thanks to everyone for making this an awesome night. 50 page fight thread and not one person called a cunt, faggot, or retard. No blatant fighter bashing. That is what this place is all about. We will continue to make tweaks and improvements. You all continue helping us grow, by making it a point to stop in every day and telling anyone and everyone about us.