UFC 198 Discussion: Saturday 5/14/16

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Jehannum

TMMAC's Most Handsome Artist
Jan 26, 2016
Overeem needs a title shot, Cain is fighting Hunt at UFC 200 and needs to get a streak going in order to fight for the title imo. As for Werdum not sure what they do with him maybe Rothwell or a title rematch (which I hope doesn't happen).
You mean Travis Browne :)

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
who knows with dana, he handed weidman one, didnt Aldo, did rousey so it could be anywhere on the board
Aldo pulled out of the fight injured after they did that big vegas promo video and tour, then they finally did the fight and Aldo got koed dead in 13 seconds. that is why there was no instant rematch.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Aldo pulled out of the fight injured after they did that big vegas promo video and tour, then they finally did the fight and Aldo got koed dead in 13 seconds. that is why there was no instant rematch.
LOL excuses excuses....

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
LOL excuses excuses....
When Dos Anjos pulled out injured, Aldo was offered the rematch after he said he would fight Conor anywhere, any time, but instead got his coach to turn it down for him :D excuses indeed.

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
When Dos Anjos pulled out injured, Aldo was offered the rematch after he said he would fight Conor anywhere, any time, but got his coach to turn it down for him :D excuses indeed.
again excuses excuses...so rousey? head kicked into lifetime filming?

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
again excuses excuses...so rousey? head kicked into lifetime filming?
I disputed half of your claims, I didn't say they were all bogus

I think Weidman got his instant rematch because Romero beat Jacare then later got suspended, and Jacare looked bad in that opening round. Now Jacare has knocked off another contender I'm sure he will get his next, with a bit of good fortune.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
If Struve could do it, so could Werdum.
'Could', hence the 9/10 rather than 10/10. Struve fight was in 2012.

But he never will. Werdum's worst match up in the division, can't see him winning that fight ever.

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
'Could', hence the 9/10 rather than 10/10. Struve fight was in 2012.

But he never will. Werdum's worst match up in the division, can't see him winning that fight ever.
Well I can say one thing is certain. He won't win it charging head first while doing his best Pat Barry impression :D

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
and who is the next fighter to challenge for the belt after Aldo lost it?
well since Mcgregor has ran away from the division they had no choice but interim it. Then in the end McG isnt returning so either Aldo or Edgar will retain the title...Hoping Edgar

Jehannum

Jan 26, 2016
well since Mcgregor has ran away from the division they had no choice but interim it. Then in the end McG isnt returning so either Aldo or Edgar will retain the title...Hoping Edgar
seems like the UFC looked after him again :)