UFC trying to sign Aldo vs Khabib for interim LW belt

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Clappin'Daddys

Posting Machine
Sep 9, 2015
Good insight.

Size could play a big part in this as you say, I'm pretty sure Khabib walks around at 190, probably around 20 lbs heavier than Aldo and he also has a 3 inch height advantage. Regardless of how good Aldo's gas tank is if Khabib gets a hold of him early it could be a real long night for Jose.

Aldo is a very smart fighter and won't make any unnecessary risks if they do fight, the Edgar fight for me personally was one of the most perfect performances I've seen.
I agree with you. I also liked Aldo's fight vs Edgar a great deal because it showed that he is in the right mindset mentally(I know he has said a lot of retarded shit about Conor, but that's just who Aldo is. He isn't a very good talker. A lot of things could be lost in translation as well). He could have easily taken the rousey route.

A few things had me worried in his second fight with Edgar though. One of the main things that caught my eye was how Aldo was evading straight backwards vs Edgar. He would even throw a sloppy right hand as he would evade straight backwards. Bad habit of his for sure. He won't be able to get away with that against kabib, or if he fights Conor again.

Aldo has displayed that he can pivot well, so idk why he chooses to evade backwards a lot of the times. Aldo is good off his back foot, but can't really strike going backward.

One thing I would say Aldo should work on is his pivots. It would be better for Aldo to completely evade a td from kabib than to be caught in a position where he has to stuff the td.

Pivoting left while throwing left hooks or left hook right hand combos are what he should train for a future bout against Conor. Conor throws his left with absurd confidence. If Aldo moves straight back throwing sloppy rights against conor(the Way he did vs edgar), he could get put down again.

ErikMagraken

Posting Machine
Apr 9, 2015
ErikMagraken @ErikMagraken does this belt chaos help UFC's "belt is just an award at the end of the night" legal position?
It probably matters very little what kind of goofiness the UFC does with their belts. The truth is that the belts really are a 100% owned promotional tool and legally mean very little (other than subject fighters to the consequences of the champions clause).

Gibberish

Posting Machine
Dec 2, 2015
This is old news.

Must be some reason they were pushing for this fight. McGregor would love for Aldo to take care of Khabib for him is all i can think of.

wiz

Posting Machine
Jan 31, 2016
UFC is making a huge mistake just not going for conor vs khabib right now when the iron is hot.

Tony vs conor wont be as big as khabib vs conor, even if tony beats khabib.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
All things put aside, who do you guys think would take this?

I'm edging towards Aldo, I doubt Khabib will be able to get a hold of him and Aldo will more than likely light him up for 25 mins. As good as Khabib's wrestling is his takedowns aren't great while Aldo probably has the best TD defence in the ufc.
I agree about Aldo's capabilities but there are some factors to bring in. Khabib is much bigger and stronger than anyone Aldo has ever fought.

I also look at RDA the slower bigger version of Aldo (kicks and bjj) and look at what Khabib did to him.

Speed is probably the biggest advantage Aldo has which I think it's enough for him to get the win, but if Khabib gets a hold, Aldo gonna fly and get smashed

I think MJ has similar speed as Aldo and Khabib eventually got a hold of him

SCADA

Posting Machine
Oct 10, 2016
I agree about Aldo's capabilities but there are some factors to bring in. Khabib is much bigger and stronger than anyone Aldo has ever fought.

I also look at RDA the slower bigger version of Aldo (kicks and bjj) and look at what Khabib did to him.

Speed is probably the biggest advantage Aldo has which I think it's enough for him to get the win, but if Khabib gets a hold, Aldo gonna fly and get smashed

I think MJ has similar speed as Aldo and Khabib eventually got a hold of him
MJ's TDD was horrible though. Aldo is pretty good.

His only chance is to stick and move though.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
MJ's TDD was horrible though. Aldo is pretty good.

His only chance is to stick and move though.
For sure. I feel Khabib's power, size, and skills will neutralize Aldo's TDD skills though. So yea, stick n move all day