UFN 60: Henderson vs. Thatch - Discussion Thread (Feb 14, 2015)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Very impressive. Short notice, weight class above, give up home town, opponent big for the higher class and gets the finish. I'm not a huge Henderson fan but that's great shit.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
SHUT UP ANIK ABOUT THE ODDS

"THE PLUS 140 UNDERDOG COMES IN AND BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Who cares? That has nothing to do with his victory. Just say "the under dog". That dude mentions the odds every single time he talks about a guy

WOW though. What a great fucking fight and comeback, man. That was just nuts, one of the best comeback wins in recent years by far! I will never miss another Benson fight. When he was champ I was sick of him and his close decisions, always getting them over guys I liked when I thought he lost. But honestly after a performance like that, consider me a fan of this dude for a long time to come.

Although Guida had a few exciting performances, and he sure stunk the joint up 9 times out of 10 after those lol.. Still though... Benson showed some HEART, that was amazing.

I love this board on fight night. Great dudes, great fights every time so far, always feels like a bunch of friends hanging around and talking fight instead of the bullshit attitude that happens on that UG.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
And he did it fighting with a toothpick in his mouth...again. Lol, dudes a beast.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Bendo just earning respect left and right. Imagine if he fights Rory and WINS? He'd have to get a WW title shot. Robbie vs Benson would be a crazy fight, or a boring one lol

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'd love to hear how he argues to allow the toothpick in his fight, such a weird thing he does, I would be terrified to have it suck in my tonsils

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Thatch was in positions he'd never been in, he seemed to get up in a panicked way and expose his back each time.

He'll learn, comeback strong rebookl the wonderboy fight with him

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ben gained a lot of points tonight. I think Rory is too much but my love is blind......the fact a LW is asking for it and isn't a bum trying to talk his way into $$$ is awesome. I'd definetly watch. Two other LW Rory fought didn't fair so well, Diaz got suplexed multiple times and he lit BJ up (sorry IWEI).

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
seekntruth;n20680 said:
Wow, loving this fight! Has an old school open-weight feel to it with the size difference.
Dude I agree and had to comment on this

When I was watching the fight, it started to make me think about how amazing guys like Sakuraba were. Sakuraba, with today's trainign methods and weight cutting, would fight at 155 lbs, no doubt at all. I honestly think Benson is a bigger dude than Sakuraba is

Now think of the fact Sakuraba fought these fuckers in their PRIME - Mirko CroCop, Igor Vovchanchyn (and was actually doing really well despite fighting Royce for 90 minutes on the same night!), Wanderlei Silva (THREE TIMES), Rampage Jackson (beat him), Randleman (Beat him too), Shamrock, and a hell of a lot more gigantic dudes he should have never been in there with.

Seriously the old days were so crazy. I mean I'm sitting there the whole time thinking "wow the size difference is so crazy here".. then when you look back on those days, you go OH WAIT.. haha... Those dudes were just a different fucking breed man. That's just how it was back then, nobody even thought twice about it. But Saku in particular, man, what a bad ass.

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Cruz and Bisping are bang on with the analysis. He's got the tools to fix the problems, being undefeated and untested really will make you get tunnel vision

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Galanis;n20730 said:
SHUT UP ANIK ABOUT THE ODDS

"THE PLUS 140 UNDERDOG COMES IN AND BLAH BLAH BLAH"

Who cares? That has nothing to do with his victory. Just say "the under dog". That dude mentions the odds every single time he talks about a guy

WOW though. What a great fucking fight and comeback, man. That was just nuts, one of the best comeback wins in recent years by far! I will never miss another Benson fight. When he was champ I was sick of him and his close decisions, always getting them over guys I liked when I thought he lost. But honestly after a performance like that, consider me a fan of this dude for a long time to come.

Although Guida had a few exciting performances, and he sure stunk the joint up 9 times out of 10 after those lol.. Still though... Benson showed some HEART, that was amazing.

I love this board on fight night. Great dudes, great fights every time so far, always feels like a bunch of friends hanging around and talking fight instead of the bullshit attitude that happens on that UG.
I thought it was a close fight the first 2 rounds tipping lightly to thatch, and loved the action of this fight.
Someone allready said it, he's going the ceronne route, more power to him love that attitude.

Well gentlemen it was nice talking fight with you untill the next time, i need to get some sleep my wife and kid are about to wake up :27:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I don't know if any of you noticed but Dominic Cruz is the Oracle

ChaosOverkill

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I sucked Stillmatics WOODley;n20753 said:
Ben gained a lot of points tonight. I think Rory is too much but my love is blind......the fact a LW is asking for it and isn't a bum trying to talk his way into $$$ is awesome. I'd definetly watch. Two other LW Rory fought didn't fair so well, Diaz got suplexed multiple times and he lit BJ up (sorry IWEI).

Rory doesn't have the holes he exposed in Thatch and is MUCH MUCH more patient than Thatch, he'll take the whole fight to try and trap Ben and Maia and others couldn't get him into bad grappling issues. Happy to see it and Ben is amazing, Rory is what Thatch hasn't proven though.