What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Thought so. It was about the same as my 30-06. I can get some paper under there no problem.

oh yeah, it’s my new (to me) 7mm Rem Mag. Winchester Model 70 Shadow? model. Nothing too special but it’s got a 26 inch barrel.
I stopped and got the dies and she’ll holder and some 150 grain Hornady bullets for reloading with my gift card on the ride home.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Thought so. It was about the same as my 30-06. I can get some paper under there no problem.

oh yeah, it’s my new (to me) 7mm Rem Mag. Winchester Model 70 Shadow? model. Nothing too special but it’s got a 26 inch barrel.
I stopped and got the dies and she’ll holder and some 150 grain Hornady bullets for reloading with my gift card on the ride home.
Yeah, you want a bit of clearance, but it's not like the barrel moves a lot. Closer to the barrel, the better the gun will shoot as closer distances.

Fwiw, I had a Browning in 7mm Rem Mag, and that thing would should .3" groups with factory Nosler E-tips.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah, you want a bit of clearance, but it's not like the barrel moves a lot. Closer to the barrel, the better the gun will shoot as closer distances.

Fwiw, I had a Browning in 7mm Rem Mag, and that thing would should .3" groups with factory Nosler E-tips.
I got a box of Federal 150 bonded soft point and Hornady 139 sst for 53 bucks. The guy wanted 75 but that’s all I had and he said take ‘em. Folks were selling boxes for as much as 85 bucks at the gun show ? fags.

Recently I’ve been struggling with mounting scopes, but I think I got this one right. Not sure why it’s been such a pain lately. Even though my Henry Big Boy 44 mag doesn’t shoot good groups at 50 yards, and that really shook my confidence.

I found some Lever Revolution rounds, so that might make a difference. The guy at Bass Pro said it could be that I’m using 44 mag pistol cartridges and the powder burn might end before the bullet leaves the barrel. Sounds like it could make sense but fuck if I know.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Well I did it.
I put that Steyr AUG on wayalay last night.
In OD green of course.
Talk about a stout rifle.
I’ve never had an bull pup but I’d venture to guess this fucker is gonna be awesome.
I definitely just shot to the top of the list of coolest motherfucker in town.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Well I did it.
In OD green of course.
I’ve never had an bull pup but I’d venture to guess this fucker is gonna be awesome.
I don’t know what the fuck Karl’s problem was but I would’ve merked John McClaine on the roof top.
Hans should’ve had me on his crew.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
Well I did it.
In OD green of course.
I don’t know what the fuck Karl’s problem was but I would’ve merked John McClaine on the roof top.
Hans should’ve had me on his crew.
Shit...
I guess I should’ve said that I went and picked up the AUG on Friday. 2 days on layaway must be a new record for me.

Found a used Hi-Lux 1-4x24 lpvo already professionally mounted on an Aero ultralight cantilever mount locally, a buck twenty cash money.

Took it to the range and got it sighted it and I was lighting shit up at 100 yards easy. Extremely fun gun to shoot.

To be Continued...

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
why?

it's my preferred handgun round for the balance of frame size, muzzle energy, and magazine capacity.
You give up magazine capacity for marginally better performance. As LEO's continue to abandon it it's going to become a relic.

Based on any recent performance tests .40 doesn't actually outperform 9.

Last edited:

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
View attachment 57953
depends on the mount and the rifle.

if it holds zero for a few shots, it's fine for a sporting rifle.
I went and got some new mounts anyways, I was tired of those ones anyways. It’s for my model 70 7mm Rem mag and I should have it remounted tonight. Gotta try and find some heavier grain bullets for reloading.

I’m all about those Winchester model 70s.

Big Dummy

Cream of the Crop
Dec 15, 2018
IIRC, there was a smattering of different trigger packs. Some are decent, some are longer and harder than

me.
It was a little different but it didn’t seem too awful. I didn’t have any problems with it but I’m generally too stupid to notice.

AB0BC029-7FB1-4578-949B-FCCDE30ACDCC.jpeg
The entire fire control group is polymer so that’s new to me, but there’s a place that sells a metal trigger sear mod and I guess that cleans it up a bit and makes the reset shorter.

E4EF6328-F639-4E7A-92CF-CD3E6A7F4ED7.jpeg

Fuck if I know. I’m not gonna go digging around in it...quite yet.