What kind of gun or guns do you have?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
The Ruger is giving up ammo as a 7+1, and fuck China
The Ruger isn't Chinese, it's made in America.

But here's an even better option imo.

A 10+1 ambidextrous.

This looks better than all of them hands down.
I have all 3 brands.
To me it all comes down to workability, reliability, it's feel in your hand, comfort of carry, and cost /acquisition ease of extras, like laser sights, mags etc.

Glocks & Sigs have easier acquisition of extras in my experience.
I hate the feel of Glocks in my hand, they look & feel like bricks, although the G43x looks to be one of the more comfortable bricks, and Glock's reliability is gold standard. I also dislike their safeties that make it right or left handed, as well as their stupid mag exposure. They could do like others & guard the mag.

I don't like Sig's feel & pricepoint, but generally handles all other categories well.

Rugers I just love how they feel & look, and they're ambidextrous. They handle fantastic, except the SR45 design flaw.

To me it's gotta feel, look & handle right.
I want something slick not jagged that can hang up. And I want to look at it with a boner.

Screenshot_20230525_113425.jpgScreenshot_20230525_113211.jpgScreenshot_20230525_112948.jpg

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The Ruger isn't Chinese, it's made in America.

But here's an even better option imo.

A 10+1 ambidextrous.

This looks better than all of them hands down.
I have all 3 brands.
To me it all comes down to workability, reliability, it's feel in your hand, comfort of carry, and cost /acquisition ease of extras, like laser sights, mags etc.

Glocks & Sigs have easier acquisition of extras in my experience.
I hate the feel of Glocks in my hand, they look & feel like bricks, although the G43x looks to be one of the more comfortable bricks, and Glock's reliability is gold standard. I also dislike their safeties that make it right or left handed, as well as their stupid mag exposure. They could do like others & guard the mag.

I don't like Sig's feel & pricepoint, but generally handles all other categories well.

Rugers I just love how they feel & look, and they're ambidextrous. They handle fantastic, except the SR45 design flaw.

To me it's gotta feel, look & handle right.
I want something slick not jagged that can hang up. And I want to look at it with a boner.

View attachment 86299View attachment 86300View attachment 86301
He was commenting on my Chinese safe.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Wild @Wild, budget build pistol (always great deals on Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July)
(or go with one without the handle and fcg if you are knowing right off the bat you will be upgrading)
Then decide on what you want to deal with as far as the law goes for the brace or cheek rest.
That's $668 (plus taxes, shipping, transfer fee), so plenty of extra money for Budlight!

Last edited:

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Wild @Wild, budget build pistol (always great deals on Memorial Day weekend and 4th of July)
(or go with one without the handle and fcg if you are knowing right off the bat you will be upgrading)
Then decide on what you want to deal with as far as the law goes for the brace or cheek rest.
That's $668 (plus taxes, shipping, transfer fee), so plenty of extra money for Budlight!
You could actually deduct the breach charging handle since I just noticed the upper comes with a charging handle. I bet it sucks though, so personally I'd still buy the breach, or go with the raptor.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Thank you broseph!

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I've been out of the game for a while, but Aero always built pretty good stuff.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I finally got around to re-chambering the M4 from .300 Blackout to 5.56 NATO. I have Monday off, so I plan on doing some target shooting. I still need to add a tac light and iron sights, but I've decided to wait for Christmas. I always struggle to put together a list of shit I want. I'll make it easy this year and just ask for gun parts and shit for my truck.

PXL_20230728_135448670.jpg

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Nice. Way cheaper to pew pew pew, let alone longer range with the 5.56, and more availability of rounds. Makes total sense. Is the folding stock working well in comparison to a standard one?

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Nice. Way cheaper to pew pew pew, let alone longer range with the 5.56, and more availability of rounds. Makes total sense. Is the folding stock working well in comparison to a standard one?
I'm on the fence regarding the folding stock. It helps when storage is tight, but that's really it. I could live with it or without it.

Also, a 16" barrel isn't ideal for .300 Blackout, and I don't really want to register an SBR with the feds.

Last edited:

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
I picked up a lightly used Leupold Deltapoint Pro today for $300. I've been thinking about switching both of my carry pistols to red dots. I've had TruGlo TFX Pro tritium / fiber optic sights on them for around a decade now, and the tritium is really fading at this point. I really like the size and clarity of the glass on this red dot. I'm going to use a dovetail mount to put it on my gen 3 Glock 19. If I decide I like it and want to keep it on there, I'll probably get the slide milled for it. Now I just need to wait for the mount to be delivered so I can start using it.

PXL_20230919_042247551.jpg

PXL_20230919_042500029.jpg

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I picked up a lightly used Leupold Deltapoint Pro today for $300. I've been thinking about switching both of my carry pistols to red dots. I've had TruGlo TFX Pro tritium / fiber optic sights on them for around a decade now, and the tritium is really fading at this point. I really like the size and clarity of the glass on this red dot. I'm going to use a dovetail mount to put it on my gen 3 Glock 19. If I decide I like it and want to keep it on there, I'll probably get the slide milled for it. Now I just need to wait for the mount to be delivered so I can start using it.

View attachment 89940

View attachment 89941
I'm of the camp that would avoid red dots on carry pistols since I don't like the chance of them catching on clothing in a pinch. Additionally handgun firing distance for the most part in an emergency should be close distance, or fairly close distance. It would seem to me that red dots would not be necessary unless the firearm was larger/longer than you would be everyday carrying. Everyday carry for most people are compact firearms due to size, weight, and concealability.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Areo Precision has a ridiculous sale going on right now for anyone interested. Buy a complete upper and they will give you an additional upper free of a different caliber. So buy an M5, get an M4 free. That is wild.

mysticmac

First 1025
Oct 18, 2015
Areo Precision has a ridiculous sale going on right now for anyone interested. Buy a complete upper and they will give you an additional upper free of a different caliber. So buy an M5, get an M4 free. That is wild.
Just when I thought I had enough guns, I've been proven wrong.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
20230928_205355.jpg
Got the 3-18x50 scopes mounted on the M5's, finally. I also swapped out the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel for a 20" Faxon heavy fluted .308 because fuck the cost of the 6.5 Creedmoor. So I've got a mid range and long range on the same platform both in .308. I can swap back to the 6.5 when/if i want to, but I'm guessing I wont unless costs level out.