What should I ask Dana White Friday?(Updated with pics)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Fiend

Evil All The Time
Feb 3, 2015
Oh, and to top it off....
My kids were there as I wanted to take them since I didn't have enough tickets for all 3 of us...Well, my 6 yr old asked Dana, "Can I have tickets to meet CM Punk?"
Dana asked him, "Are you going to the fights tomorrow?"
My son replies, "I'm not, but my dad is"
UG mob and Dana start laughing, Dana is about to give me shit....
"Dana, I couldn't afford to take them both, so I can't pick one over the other"
I didn't ask Dana, Dana asked me..."Would you like a couple tickets so you can take your kids"
"Shit, is a virgin's pussy tight, that'd be awesome man!!"
Dana-"You see that guy right there?" points to his big body guard Kyle(or Kai)
"Give him your information and we'll make sure your kids can come"

Within ten minutes of leaving the arena, I get a text from someone from Las Vegas updating me with information.

Super great experience. I'm sorry guys, but I love UFC way more, and Dana White is forever a good guy. I know that's fingernails to a chalkboard for some of you, but it is what it is :D
D, if you are close to Ronda or see her, please let me know!! I was soo close yet so far!! Thanks for trying to help me out!! See you at the fights!!

TFK_likatiga

First 259
Feb 19, 2015
Thanks D241 for bringing some positivity back to this thread. Honestly, I'm surprised this place is so anti Dana. I feel it's pretty obvious he's a good guy with good intentions who first and foremost loves MMA.

I thought the hate was a product of the negativity of the posters on the UG.

A little saddened by this thread.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Thanks D241 for bringing some positivity back to this thread. Honestly, I'm surprised this place is so anti Dana. I feel it's pretty obvious he's a good guy with good intentions who first and foremost loves MMA.

People started turning on him when he threw GSP under the bus. I don't think he is a particularly bad guy, but he has made some poor decisions over the last few years and is reaping the sentiment from the fans. Only time heals these wounds, well that and not being a dick to fan favourites.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Glad you had such a good experience, D241.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

But first and foremost he doesn't love mma, he loves money, power, and his ego.
He just happens to get all that by exploiting the sport we love.
Sure he loves the fights.
But the truth is he doesn't respect ANY of the fighters. He treats them like cattle, and talks to them with disrespect.
And about them with disrespect.
Do you know the full, in-depth play-by-play of Zuffa's acquisition of the UFC from SEG?
Meet n greets are for promotion.
Surgeries for kids are for promotion.
Fight for the troops are for promotion.
Every. Single. Thing he does, is for promotion. If not for Zuffa, then for himself.
He is a liar. His boxing record is leotard.
He is THE WORST ambassador the sport could possibly have.
Brother, his own mother doesn't talk to him and would quote my post.
Think about this: Other than Chuck Ly-dell, what retired fighter likes this man?
Out of thousands, name a dozen.
Half a dozen?
One?
Fedor summed it up perfectly in his last interview, as does Dana himself on the cover of UFC magazine issue #1.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Let me be clear again. I think Dana is probably a really cool guy with a pretty big heart outside of work. Bet he's a blast to party with, gamble with, watch sporting events with. But I only see him as the President of the UFC and probably the most influential man in the sport of MMA. And in that capacity, he can be an obnoxious prick that will lie, cheat, steal, and throw whoever he has to under the bus, to make a buck. When he's UFC Dana, he seems incapable of being sensitive and respectful to the fighters that spill their sweat and blood, so he can put on the next PPV. That is and always has been, my only problem with him. I just wish he would be more like Scott Coker in that respect.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
But first and foremost he doesn't love mma, he loves money, power, and his ego.
He just happens to get all that by exploiting the sport we love.
Sure he loves the fights.
But the truth is he doesn't respect ANY of the fighters. He treats them like cattle, and talks to them with disrespect.
And about them with disrespect.
Do you know the full, in-depth play-by-play of Zuffa's acquisition of the UFC from SEG?
Meet n greets are for promotion.
Surgeries for kids are for promotion.
Fight for the troops are for promotion.
Every. Single. Thing he does, is for promotion. If not for Zuffa, then for himself.
He is a liar. His boxing record is leotard.
He is THE WORST ambassador the sport could possibly have.
Brother, his own mother doesn't talk to him and would quote my post.
Think about this: Other than Chuck Ly-dell, what retired fighter likes this man?
Out of thousands, name a dozen.
Half a dozen?
One?
Fedor summed it up perfectly in his last interview, as does Dana himself on the cover of UFC magazine issue #1.

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

I agree with you.

It truly is a shame. Theres some people who will give Dana or the UFC zero credit for anything no matter how good it is. People often view others that they dont know personally in black and white terms. The reality is that humans are fucking complicated. I dont know Dana on a personal level and I certainly dont know what its like to be the president of a billion dollar company. I find him to be an asshole at times and theres times where I think he is a fucking great dude. To blindly hate someone so much is just weird to me.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Yep, there's one right there.

That's another great one.
Zuffa's co-op agreement with BJ'S website had Cindy O bringing up personal information on me, as well as quoting posts I made from there to the UG.
Who does that?
What a child-like thing to do!

And flooding message boards with paid posters?
Blackballing reporters?
Shutting down news access?
The money lost, lives altered, organizations ruined is significant.

Ministry of Silly Walks

came in like a wrecking ball
First 100
Amateur Fighter
Jan 15, 2015
remember this though, dana knew these people were from forums all over the internets, so a little ass kissing goes a long ways. he wants to make himself look better with those suits against the company, so it was a smart move. he knew this stuff would make it to the forums.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
remember this though, dana knew these people were from forums all over the internets, so a little ass kissing goes a long ways. he wants to make himself look better with those suits against the company, so it was a smart move. he knew this stuff would make it to the forums.
Sometimes it is better to take things at face value, than to second guess everything.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
i don't second guess everything. look at how he treats some of the fighters under contract.
Have you met Dana White in person, had a conversation with him?

Before Friday, I never have.
Before Friday, I had lots of negative things to say about him, decisions he's made....

Now I have talked to him. Now I have seen him/interacted with him in person, not online.

Ask yourself, does it bother you THAT MUCH that you would turn down 5 front row tickets to a UFC in your city?
Or
Knowing Dana is a promoter, knowing Dana has to try to negotiate lower fighter contracts, do what's best for the business etc...., you can put yourself in his shoes and realize over time you'll be in a position to make a decision people won't agree with, but that is part of the job not you as a person. You can think, "yeah it sucked he badmouthed Dan Henderson when he was a free agent, it sucked Dana badmouthed GSP", but as bad as those things sucked, giving away 5 first row tickets to the displeased fan MORE than makes up for it.

Dont you think?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I hear ya @D241, but why can't he give away free tickets AND refrain from bashing fighters publicly? No doubt in my mind Dana does A LOT of good things for fans AND for some fighters, that no one ever hears about. But he also does shit like this...

I just wish he would show a bit more respect for ALL fighters...even the one's that don't fight under the Zuffa umbrella. AND be the awesome guy that does crazy cool shit for fans when the camera's aren't on. Luckily for him, Zuffa, and the sport...the lawsuit has muzzled his public outbursts and we're seeing a different side of him of late (a side that I like a lot better that the one we've watched the last 4-5 years).

Last edited:

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Regarding the monopoly lawsuit, Dana spoke on that and said that this is about settling out of court for millions of dollars so UFC doesn't have to spend millions of dollars in court fees and lawyers, but UFC is prepared to spend 95 million if it means the suing parties get nothing.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Regarding the monopoly lawsuit, Dana spoke on that and said that this is about settling out of court for millions of dollars so UFC doesn't have to spend millions of dollars in court fees and lawyers, but UFC is prepared to spend 95 million if it means the suing parties get nothing.

That's a given. they will pay through the nose to not open their books.
Many know why.
Carlos Newton isn't doing this for the money, even if they do settle.
Unfortunately it's not Carlos' call, even though he put in the work.
Dana can say whatever he wants.
Surely if Zuffa can throw $100,000,000.00 down, fighter pay could've increased.
It's a cost plus analysis, long term.

I'm super GLAD you had a great time.
I personally would NEVER give him my time.
Not for the entire arena to myself.
And I'm glad Fedor never did step in that promotion, has echoed publicly that sentiment for the reasons previously explained.
I just missed meeting him, but don't have to to believe him.
I don't want to meet Obama either.

I'm just impractical and idealistic like that.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
@D241 - what was the atmosphere like in the arena last night when Hendricks came out of the tunnel? I bet it was electric. And what was it like when Joanna won the title?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
@D241 - what was the atmosphere like in the arena last night when Hendricks came out of the tunnel? I bet it was electric. And what was it like when Joanna won the title?
I'd love to tell you about both, but I think during my work day next week I'll try to figure out uploading the video I took of it. I was very close and the atmosphere was ruckus!! I can barely talk today i was screaming so much last night.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Awesome man! Can't wait to see it. Glad you had a good time. Were your kids hyped?

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Awesome man! Can't wait to see it. Glad you had a good time. Were your kids hyped?
Both had a great time, and both stayed up the entire time. The energy and excitement of the crowd gave them adrenaline to stay up and pumped!

I ran back to the car to drop off my kids' tablet as it wasn't allowed in the arena, and while I was doing that Bruce Buffer walked up to them and my friend and shook their hands. I was SO jelly.

Also, Brittany and Arianny have cellulite/hail damange on their butts. The blonde girl though, she is INCREDIBLY fine with a smooth firm butt with no hail damage. She by far is the hottest one.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
Can he tell us why he wanted nothing to do with the fact that da won? It was rather quiet in the ring after da won? Pissed cause his potential cash cow lost?