Lifestyle Whatcha cooking?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
Is this the BBQ thread, too?1000079904.jpg
Some marinated red splits for ya!
1000079911.jpg
1000079917.jpg1000079919.jpg1000079921.jpg
Not a fan of the crumble cheese. Its pretty good but it overpowers all the flavors and I like the spice and sourness of the lime.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Is this the BBQ thread, too?View attachment 112192
Some marinated red splits for ya!
View attachment 112194
View attachment 112195View attachment 112197View attachment 112198
Not a fan of the crumble cheese. Its pretty good but it overpowers all the flavors and I like the spice and sourness of the lime.
Looks great, I'm gonna try husks on tomorrow afternoon
What is the white stuff on that corn cob

Red Splits is chicken? sorry not familiar

I think you should post individual BBQ threads as well, I enjoy them greatly.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
The corn must be grilled on high heat to doneness, it will not burn or even get grill marks with the husk on if done proper. Àdd grill marks later if you like.
Sauce:
Butter, mayo/crema(mexican sour cream) blend for "the white stuff", lime, salt, and mexican chile powder(tajin). You can also top with crumble cheese like a queso fresco and some chopped cilantro if you wanna be fancy.

Before you knock the mayo try it with all the spices. It is the only way you'll ever want corn again.1000079934.jpg
Above is split quarter. Very popular in South TAYHOSS. Gets more of the marinade/seasoning per sq in. The butcher runs the leg quarters through the slicer, bone in. The tops are even better. If you ask for the splits go ahead and keep them, too.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
The corn must be grilled on high heat to doneness, it will not burn or even get grill marks with the husk on if done proper. Àdd grill marks later if you like.
Sauce:
Butter, mayo/crema(mexican sour cream) blend for "the white stuff", lime, salt, and mexican chile powder(tajin). You can also top with crumble cheese like a queso fresco and some chopped cilantro if you wanna be fancy.

Before you knock the mayo try it with all the spices. It is the only way you'll ever want corn again.View attachment 112213
Above is split quarter. Very popular in South TAYHOSS. Gets more of the marinade/seasoning per sq in. The butcher runs the leg quarters through the slicer, bone in. The tops are even better. If you ask for the splits go ahead and keep them, too.
Nice
I will try the corn recipe, always looks interesting
Gonna pick up corn and chicken at the farmers market in the morning and grill before the UFC

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
Sauce:

Before you knock the mayo try it with all the spices. It is the only way you'll ever want corn again.View attachment 112213
Soaking corn with husks on is beneficial if you want to steam it on the grill, otherwise no soak needed for sure if you want the BBQ/smoke taste. Having said that, it does depend on the cook time and temps with whether to soak or not.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Soaking corn with husks on is beneficial if you want to steam it on the grill, otherwise no soak needed for sure if you want the BBQ/smoke taste. Having said that, it does depend on the cook time and temps with whether to soak or not.
I have been husking them then cooking them on the colder side of my weber slowly, which is nice, they get a bit drier but also candied in a way

Gonna try the husked method tomorrow and maybe even put some drizzle of Mexican white sauce on with some toppings...why not?

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I have been husking them then cooking them on the colder side of my weber slowly, which is nice, they get a bit drier but also candied in a way

Gonna try the husked method tomorrow and maybe even put some drizzle of Mexican white sauce on with some toppings...why not?
You can also strip one of the husks (not completely) to get your seasonings, oil, butter, whatever, in, then just put it back with that side up so nothing drips out.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
1000002514.jpg
I'm grilling up some spicy louisiana sausages at them moment. I don't have a large variety to choose from in these parts but the evergood brand is the best I've found of what is available.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
I agree, its a myth. I just wash and slap them on the grill. Once I get them near done I will put them aside and smoke low but I usually go hot and fast to start. I want them out of the way asap as I hate the husks getting on the meat. I dont like cooking them husks off at all. I like my corn neat.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
I agree, its a myth. I just wash and slap them on the grill. Once I get them near done I will put them aside and smoke low but I usually go hot and fast to start. I want them out of the way asap as I hate the husks getting on the meat. I dont like cooking them husks off at all. I like my corn neat.
Since you are going to shuck them, washing isn't even necessary since you can't wash off what's on the inside. It does add water content to the husks to help with slightly steaming though.

Papi Chingon

Domesticated Hombre
Oct 19, 2015
1000002517.jpg
Finished up directly over the coals to get those crispy edges after the skin snaps. Perfectly cooked if you like them them to taste and have the texture like I eat them.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
I just wash all veggies for my mental stability lol. Poison spray chemicals cant penetrate the shell, poison does not penetrate shell! No poison on grill surface!

MountainMedic

Rock Kicker
Sep 28, 2017
I been eating all manner of random shit, lol. Trying to empty out my big freezer cause I'm moving.

The other day was turkey with chutney and stuffing, lol. I think it was from Costco.

Tonight it's some chicken picado I had vacuum sealed who knows when.
I thought it was chili when I pulled it out.

Its like the lottery, all the writing on everything wore off.

NiteProwleR

Free Hole Lay Row
Nov 17, 2023
You are juan corny bastid! Seriously, during the first OG buyout scare I came here and ran through a ton of posts. I'm a fan of your meat!

Walter_sobchak

Shut the fuck up Donny!
Aug 13, 2024
Doing smoked burgers tonight. 225 until they reach about 132. Then I crank up the smoker to 475 and open the grate to get the flames until they hit 138. Flip and add cheese. Keep on for about 2 more minutes until tue cheese melts. Gives you a medium burger.

1000001748.jpg