Whats up....DreamerMMA here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
{redacted} read the timeline and feel validated. A shot of wine was shotted

Last edited:

WarPotato

Pretty cynical guy
Jun 25, 2015
Hey man, I wondered where you went.

I was a mod until a couple of months ago when some shit went down.

Some troll by the name of Lubaolong showed up on the UG smashing on respected UG business member DefenseSoap so I stepped in to see what was going on. The guy claimed he was a doctor and was using that leverage to damage a companies reputation so I asked if there is anyway he could prove his claims of being a doctor. I mean, if you are going to stand on a platform you should make sure it is stable right?

So anyway, he refuses so I reported it to an admin who banned him.

While all that was going on a member jumped in the thread and called me a douche so I froze him for mod bashing via TOS. It was about a 20 minute freeze while I explained what was going on and I released him. Another member took issue with that and started demanding to know why the other member was frozen. I told him several times that I can not tell him why the other member was frozen, mod rules say that only the member that was frozen gets that explanation and that was already done.

He kept harassing me, following me thread to thread and sending me private messages about it so finally I had enough and froze him then reported the incident to the admins and other mods.

Jason decided to demod me for that saying I routinely started arguments with UGers and froze them. I said this wasn't true and demanded evidence but was given none, instead i got the run around and bullshit excuses about shit that happened over a year ago being the real reason.

Fast forward to last night and I made a thread about my MMA record being fucked up along with many others on the "Official records keeper of MMA"s website.

The mod, downperiscope, showed up and started talking shit to me. Other UGers started piling on him so he told me I wasn't allowed to make threads at 4:00 am East Coast time (even though I don't live there and why does that matter anyway?) so he froze me and deleted the thead.

UGer, Song2, made a thread asking about me being frozen and downperiscope took that as a grand opportunity to jump in the thread and start throwing insults at me until the thread turned on him and about 2 pages worth of UGers dogpiled him in 20 minutes. He then begged OP to let him "zap" the thread but OP said don't do it, keep it transparent.

Downperiscope promised he'd keep it transparent and then he moved the thread to one of the wasteland forums, DanTheWolfman ground and promised to return it to the UG in the morning. A couple of other people continued to post and then he deleted the entire thread about 20 minutes later.

TL;DR corrupt mod made a fool out of himself on the UG last night, embarassed himself and other mods, froze members and deleted threads for rules he made up rather than TOS specific rules, is still a mod because the UG supports and encourages this kind of behavior from it's mods, obviously, or he wouldn't still be one.

Am I wrong in thinking downperiscope went by another handle in the past? I think he was an 05er or something with 0 posts until the class action lawsuit turned up. It was just odd.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
Hey DreamerMMA @DreamerMMA welcome aboard. I think your reasons for being here sound similar to a lot of reasons people have given for migrating here from elsewhere, inconsistent moderation, the loss of the communal feeling that attracted us to message boards in the first place and marginalization of challenging opinions. If you're coming here to join us, I have three requests:

1) Actually stick around. This place is awesome. The forum's technology is top of the line and the members are great. We're unrolling a new design shortly that's going to really put this board head and shoulders above the rest. So stay. Don't take a timeout from the UG and then feel like your absence proved some kind of point. Stay here and help us build something better. Even if you do go back, share your time. You'll see if you visit other forums and this one simultaneously that this one invariably wins out.

2) Considering your experience as a moderator and the recent unpleasantness, you have a knowledgeable voice to offer to the new MMA Community Constitution we're drafting. Add your voice to the discussion here.

3) Recruit some folks! We can always use more members, so bring us "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." They'll thank you for it.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Hey man, I wondered where you went.

I was a mod until a couple of months ago when some shit went down.

Some troll by the name of Lubaolong showed up on the UG smashing on respected UG business member DefenseSoap so I stepped in to see what was going on. The guy claimed he was a doctor and was using that leverage to damage a companies reputation so I asked if there is anyway he could prove his claims of being a doctor. I mean, if you are going to stand on a platform you should make sure it is stable right?

So anyway, he refuses so I reported it to an admin who banned him.

While all that was going on a member jumped in the thread and called me a douche so I froze him for mod bashing via TOS. It was about a 20 minute freeze while I explained what was going on and I released him. Another member took issue with that and started demanding to know why the other member was frozen. I told him several times that I can not tell him why the other member was frozen, mod rules say that only the member that was frozen gets that explanation and that was already done.

He kept harassing me, following me thread to thread and sending me private messages about it so finally I had enough and froze him then reported the incident to the admins and other mods.

Jason decided to demod me for that saying I routinely started arguments with UGers and froze them. I said this wasn't true and demanded evidence but was given none, instead i got the run around and bullshit excuses about shit that happened over a year ago being the real reason.

Fast forward to last night and I made a thread about my MMA record being fucked up along with many others on the "Official records keeper of MMA"s website.

The mod, downperiscope, showed up and started talking shit to me. Other UGers started piling on him so he told me I wasn't allowed to make threads at 4:00 am East Coast time (even though I don't live there and why does that matter anyway?) so he froze me and deleted the thead.

UGer, Song2, made a thread asking about me being frozen and downperiscope took that as a grand opportunity to jump in the thread and start throwing insults at me until the thread turned on him and about 2 pages worth of UGers dogpiled him in 20 minutes. He then begged OP to let him "zap" the thread but OP said don't do it, keep it transparent.

Downperiscope promised he'd keep it transparent and then he moved the thread to one of the wasteland forums, DanTheWolfman ground and promised to return it to the UG in the morning. A couple of other people continued to post and then he deleted the entire thread about 20 minutes later.

TL;DR corrupt mod made a fool out of himself on the UG last night, embarassed himself and other mods, froze members and deleted threads for rules he made up rather than TOS specific rules, is still a mod because the UG supports and encourages this kind of behavior from it's mods, obviously, or he wouldn't still be one.
ouch that sucks man. oh well their loss. hope you stick around and post on this board. its got great features and so much more modern.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hey DreamerMMA @DreamerMMA welcome aboard. I think your reasons for being here sound similar to a lot of reasons people have given for migrating here from elsewhere, inconsistent moderation, the loss of the communal feeling that attracted us to message boards in the first place and marginalization of challenging opinions. If you're coming here to join us, I have three requests:

1) Actually stick around. This place is awesome. The forum's technology is top of the line and the members are great. We're unrolling a new design shortly that's going to really put this board head and shoulders above the rest. So stay. Don't take a timeout from the UG and then feel like your absence proved some kind of point. Stay here and help us build something better. Even if you do go back, share your time. You'll see if you visit other forums and this one simultaneously that this one invariably wins out.

2) Considering your experience as a moderator and the recent unpleasantness, you have a knowledgeable voice to offer to the new MMA Community Constitution we're drafting. Add your voice to the discussion here.

3) Recruit some folks! We can always use more members, so bring us "your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." They'll thank you for it.
Perfectly said.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
make sure you check out the live thread on fight nights

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
This Song2 fellow sounds like a good chap. I wonder if I've ever seen that handle. Hmm......

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Hi dreamer

Yea what went down last night was some bullshit, I thought they had banned you and tried to sweep it under the rug without anyone seeing that's why I made a thread right away.

I have lost count t of the number of threads and topics that just disappear and people either don't see or pretend they diddnt see. It's like some science fiction movie. It's weird your thread was the newest non sticky when I opened the UG app up, I had to log in on chrome to reply and expected to get banned for making the thread tbh.

Good timing I reckon

(I actually logged on to see people jumping on indaweedz, the village villain, the horrible responses on his thread are a guilty pleasure )

There's a great core of posters on this site, we barely even need modding to be honest, stick around a while and you will literally say fuck the UG

We all did

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015

I'll do what I can. I'd love to look at the constitution and toss some ideas your way when I have time. Probably tomorrow as I have some shit to take care of today.

I appreciate the warm welcome and vote of confidence, especially considering my recent fallout with UG leadership.

I think the difference is I liked to think of the UG as a community and mod as if I'm dealing with real people where the leadership preferred to think of it as a business and treat the people like numbers or a product. That never sat with me well and there is a core group of mods there that agreed with me. I think my influence over some of the other mods may have led to my downfall. Myself and a few others called the admins on their shit when we saw it, we weren't picking on them either as we'd call out members, fighters, business members or even each other if we thought something was wrong.

That brutal honesty and ability to self reflect is important in leadership and it was lacking there.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Hope you will stick around DreamerMMA @DreamerMMA. We had about 200 UGers sign up the first week we launched, and about 150 ran back there almost immediately. I guess they just can't give up the drama.

What you WILL find here is the following:

1) Technology that blows the doors off of that place, Sherdog, and any other MMA forum out there. Features like LIVE fight threads that auto refresh, chat (lower right hand of any page), embedding any type of content imaginable w/ the click of a button, ability to tag members in threads so they know they've been mentioned, PMing multiple members at one time, etc, etc, etc. Any feature you ever wished the UG had - we've got it.

2) Dedicated server so we never crash. Ever.

3) Q&A's with MMA fighters & personalities

4) A REAL community where we openly discuss ideas for the site, TOS, and everything else.

5) A really cool & loyal group of members that are respectful of one another, us (the owners), fighters. We debate - we don't name call & other bullshit.

6) No app needed. Access this site from your smartphone & you will understand why.

I hope you'll stick around and give it a chance, but if you don't...best of luck over there. I couldn't take it anymore, which is why this little slice of heaven exists.

Last edited:

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015
Hope you will stick around DreamerMMA @DreamerMMA. We had about 200 UGers sign up the first week we launched, and about 150 ran back there almost immediately. I guess they just can't give up the drama.

What you WILL find here is the following:

1) Technology that blows the doors off of that place, Sherdog, and any other MMA forum out there. Features like LIVE fight threads that auto refresh, chat (lower right hand of any page), embedding any type of content imaginable w/ the click of a button, ability to tag members in threads so they know they've been mentioned, PMing multiple members at one time, etc, etc, etc. Any feature you ever wished the UG had - we've got it.

2) Dedicated server so we never crash. Ever.

3) Q&A's with MMA fighters & personalities

4) A REAL community where we openly discuss ideas for the site, TOS, and everything else.

5) A really cool & loyal group of members that are respectful of one another, us (the owners), fighters. We debate - we don't name call & other bullshit.

6) No app needed. Access this site from your smartphone & you will understand why.

I hope you'll stick around and give it a chance, but if you don't...best of luck over there. I couldn't take it anymore, which is why this little slice of heaven exists.
Seems cool so far. I'll try to explore the site a little more and participate, see how the place suits me. Lot's of familiar faces already which is cool.

How old is this site? I thought I saw some folks on Reddit or the UG mention it a few times in the last couple of months maybe?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Seems cool so far. I'll try to explore the site a little more and participate, see how the place suits me. Lot's of familiar faces already which is cool.

How old is this site? I thought I saw some folks on Reddit or the UG mention it a few times in the last couple of months maybe?
Launched January 1st. Be sure to check out these two threads:

EASY GUIDE TO POSTING HERE! | The MMA Community Forum

Attn: Guests & Lurkers - PLEASE READ | The MMA Community Forum

We don't have the traffic of the UG & Sherdog yet, and I've had people tell me "once you get more traffic, I'll contribute more". And I tell them "thats a Catch 22, because if people like you contribute, it will create more traffic. Be a part of building it, instead of waiting for others to do it."

Hope to see you around often.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
Welcome DreamerMMA @DreamerMMA. I completely understand your frustration. I'm not going to try to convince you to stay, because once you check this place out, you'll make that choice yourself. Look forward to seeing more of your posts :)

BJTT_Pella

Posting Machine
Jun 25, 2015
I always tried to stay clear of the drama over there. Its funny kinda though, I lurked for years and drama is what made me make an account. Im finding myself having to split time between here and there. I dont have time for both. There are some great threads over there that I will for sure never leave but for the most part, im making this my home. Thanks Frank for lettin a brother know. This place seems much less hostile.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
I got banned for talking about sketchy shit Cindy did to me and of course no mods ever answer an email to explain.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I got banned for linking back here..... Then the UG Blog steals our thread and links back here, yet they aren't banned. Some bullshit right there.

Last edited: