Whats up....DreamerMMA here

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We need tons of autoplay ads to bring in revenue for the site,,, imo

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015
I'm still hanging around. Sorry I haven't posted much, I'm just incredibly busy.

I just moved to Southern Oregon, started a new job and am apartment hunting. While doing all of this I'm trying to organize another UGGP/Reddit GP event.

I'm a member of several MMA websites and don't post on most of them very often. The UG is where I started and many of my friends still post there although many have left as well.

I will try to pop in and post when I can. This site has potential to be something great in my opinion. I think you guys took a big risk to do things right and hopefully it pays off for you in the long run.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How can anyone hate on taz? He's one of the best posters on any forum.

Initially when I signed up here I planned on using the UG on fight nights because I like cards threads he makes for each fight. I liked trying to keep tally of my score. Alas it's not a patch on the live threads here but I do miss hanging with them 2 guys fight night.
TazStyles @TazStyles is a member here. Get him to come over more often. Guarantee his efforts will be appreciated here.

Apr 3, 2015
I'm still hanging around. Sorry I haven't posted much, I'm just incredibly busy.

I just moved to Southern Oregon, started a new job and am apartment hunting. While doing all of this I'm trying to organize another UGGP/Reddit GP event.

I'm a member of several MMA websites and don't post on most of them very often. The UG is where I started and many of my friends still post there although many have left as well.

I will try to pop in and post when I can. This site has potential to be something great in my opinion. I think you guys took a big risk to do things right and hopefully it pays off for you in the long run.
arent you from Oregon if I am not mistaken? what kind of job? where is this new UGGP being held and what weights? I still hate how I had to back out last year.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015

I'm glad I stand corrected. You are a stand up guy and you were always that way even on the other site. Man I want to do one of those UGGPs I could just never stop working to take the proper time it would take to train the right way AND I don't know how well I would do fighting a guy my weight (I don't want to drop weight lol) when he will probably be like 6'3 185 and I will
Be 5'6 185 (that is the lowest I would go) but i would be in great shape.

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Stockhold Syndrome. I'll be pleasantly surprised if Dreamer returns as well. It is what it is. All we can do is build a site that blows the others away...we can't force people to explore & embrace change.

While they're stuck in year 1998...we shall continue enjoying auto refreshing fight threads, chat, instant alerts, sharing content w/ the click of a button, etc. Maybe they will see the light some day. ;)
Well said bro.

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015
arent you from Oregon if I am not mistaken? what kind of job? where is this new UGGP being held and what weights? I still hate how I had to back out last year.
The new event is a Reddit vs UG event. It's going to be in Las Vegas with TUFF-N-UFF this winter. I don't have an exact date yet but shooting for January-February.

Weights are always open, just depends on who matches up.

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015
I'm glad I stand corrected. You are a stand up guy and you were always that way even on the other site. Man I want to do one of those UGGPs I could just never stop working to take the proper time it would take to train the right way AND I don't know how well I would do fighting a guy my weight (I don't want to drop weight lol) when he will probably be like 6'3 185 and I will
Be 5'6 185 (that is the lowest I would go) but i would be in great shape.
The UGGP events are a lot of fun but Reddit is really taking it up a notch. I have full support from their mods and their members loved the event last year. They are embracing this event fully.

Pretty much all of the UGGP or Reddit GP fighters are working class Joes with very little training. That's the whole point, they can fight each other and get their taste of MMA without having to face some killer who's been marinating in a gym for years waiting to make his MMA debut. It's for the greenest of fighters for the most part although we've had some guys with a few fights under their belts.

I don't do the matchmaking, I let the people who want to fight go through each others stats and choose who they want to fight. They contact each other, have a chat, agree to fight at a certain weight and then email me. I want people to be comfortable and as safe as possible doing this so if they agree and it looks good on paper with weight/experience I'll sign off on it most of the time.

You don't do a UGGP or RGP to be the next GSP, it's just to put your toes in the water.

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015
Downperiscope is a cunt.

How many times did you have to defend me against other mods?
Honestly, not that much. Most of the mods didn't mind you although a few thought you were an asshole.

Don't pretend you don't like when people think you are an asshole because you are an asshole.

But you're our asshole and none of those other assholes showed up to catch fighter vomit so you are good in my book man.

As far as Downperiscope, I'm over it. I never had a problem with him before and I really have no desire to feud with him over some dumb shit on the UG. As far as I know, that issue was dealt with.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
The UGGP events are a lot of fun but Reddit is really taking it up a notch. I have full support from their mods and their members loved the event last year. They are embracing this event fully.

Pretty much all of the UGGP or Reddit GP fighters are working class Joes with very little training. That's the whole point, they can fight each other and get their taste of MMA without having to face some killer who's been marinating in a gym for years waiting to make his MMA debut. It's for the greenest of fighters for the most part although we've had some guys with a few fights under their belts.

I don't do the matchmaking, I let the people who want to fight go through each others stats and choose who they want to fight. They contact each other, have a chat, agree to fight at a certain weight and then email me. I want people to be comfortable and as safe as possible doing this so if they agree and it looks good on paper with weight/experience I'll sign off on it most of the time.

You don't do a UGGP or RGP to be the next GSP, it's just to put your toes in the water.
I hear that but i am a crazy competitor and would have to go all out or nothing at all.

DreamerMMA

Jul 1, 2015
Why its a good thread that has taken a different turn then originally intended?
That's fine. It'd be nice to change the title though. I don't really want this to be an AMA about modding and the thread isn't really even that anyway. I was pretty pissed when I made the thread.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I can change the title to "Hey everyone" or whatever...or delete the thread. Whichever you prefer my man. Just let me know.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
That's fine. It'd be nice to change the title though. I don't really want this to be an AMA about modding and the thread isn't really even that anyway. I was pretty pissed when I made the thread.
I agree with that.

BJTT-Rizzo

Tanaka Clan
Feb 16, 2015
I hear that but i am a crazy competitor and would have to go all out or nothing at all.
It sounds like you would be matched with a guy with the same training background and experience. Both would have to agree to accept.

You know we'd all go bonkers if you got in there man. Physical you'd have a leg up having all that power. We'd support the hell out of you and try help in any way.

I'm the same way as you man. I had a chance to hop in the cage twice. I couldn't do it because it wouldn't be fair to myself. I have a lot of skill and tools, but if I was to do it, I'd have to do it right. Meaning I would want to be sharp and be physically ready or have the stamina to go the entire fight. That takes a lot of time to do which I didn't have.

Pitbull9

Daddy
Jan 28, 2015
It sounds like you would be matched with a guy with the same training background and experience. Both would have to agree to accept.

You know we'd all go bonkers if you got in there man. Physical you'd have a leg up having all that power. We'd support the hell out of you and try help in any way.

I'm the same way as you man. I had a chance to hop in the cage twice. I couldn't do it because it wouldn't be fair to myself. I have a lot of skill and tools, but if I was to do it, I'd have to do it right. Meaning I would want to be sharp and be physically ready or have the stamina to go the entire fight. That takes a lot of time to do which I didn't have.
I appreciate that and i HOPE HOPE that at some point my schedule slows down and financially im in a place where i can say fuck it and train properly like you said to be able to go full speed all three rounds or even 5 if needed. The way i train now would def have to change a bit. I can still lift my weights but my endurance training and my mma training would have to be stepped up in a major way. I havent done any BJJ in like 2 years just Muay thai because i love it and i love the workout and i love stand up lol. My wrestling is still very solid so that i feel good about, especially if i would have to go up against a guy much taller than me for my weight class. Even really lean i would still be around 175-180- 170lbs would be too hard i think.