Lifestyle Worst job?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Probably working as a janitor at some busy store or something. I worked in the warehouse of Canadian Tire for a summer carrying all sorts of heavy products out to customer's cars where I'd go home pretty sore. But there was a grocery store next to us that'd I go to for lunch and one day I went into their bathroom to take a shit and the first stall was a horror show, the toilet had clogged but for some reason people kept shitting in it anyway to the point where there was a mountain of shit with a piss moat, like if you sat down your ass would touch the shit, and I couldn't think of a worse thing to have to deal with.
Guess who handles that type of stuff? The same employee that seems disinterested when you ask for assistance. It's not that they don't want to help but they were just told by their boss that they had to go clean shit mountain because the district manager told them that they had to save on payroll and the option was to cut back on people who work the floor or cut the cleaning crew back and they decided that keeping people on the sales floor was more important and they're right, until you have to have a good employee clean shit mountain and then find a turd stuck on the wall in the women's room.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I don't think I've ever seen a shit mountain like that, but I've seen a toilet filled nearly to the brim with piss in a gas station in Miami Beach.

Funny thing was the toilet was working, it was just that Neanderthal after Neanderthal had gone in there, pissed in the ever-filling toilet bowl, and walked out.

Needless to say the working sink with a full soap dispenser and a stack of paper towels in the paper towel dispenser had both gone untouched.
I would have pissed in the sink to avoid being the one that trigger the toilet to somehow overflow before it could empty the previous piss.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Guess who handles that type of stuff? The same employee that seems disinterested when you ask for assistance. It's not that they don't want to help but they were just told by their boss that they had to go clean shit mountain because the district manager told them that they had to save on payroll and the option was to cut back on people who work the floor or cut the cleaning crew back and they decided that keeping people on the sales floor was more important and they're right, until you have to have a good employee clean shit mountain and then find a turd stuck on the wall in the women's room.
This particular store had a cleaning crew on duty at all hours, I know because I got a job there a year later. But if I was working a non-janitorial job and they asked me to deal with that shit mountain, I'd walk out.

I worked shitty minimum wage jobs like that for a while, but I don't have sympathy or tolerance for employees who are disinterested in helping me. If the job sucks, quit and get another one, don't take it out on the customer.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
This particular store had a cleaning crew on duty at all hours, I know because I got a job there a year later. But if I was working a non-janitorial job and they asked me to deal with that shit mountain, I'd walk out.

I worked shitty minimum wage jobs like that for a while, but I don't have sympathy or tolerance for employees who are disinterested in helping me. If the job sucks, quit and get another one, don't take it out on the customer.
I feel ya. I was in retail for a long time and always tried to have a cleaner on staff but ultimately they were always the first to get cut when the powers that be would slash my budget so they could hit a payroll budget.

You could see the life drain out of some college student every time you asked them to go clean the toilets.

So I started hiring people who also worked as bartenders/barstaff but wanted a little more reliable money as well. Those people have seen some shit and just don't care anymore.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I'm with Splinty @Splinty though.

I worked at a distribution center for a little while when I was 20. We were basically in 4 man lines. 1st person picked the order, 2nd scanned to make sure it was right, 3rd prepped the shipping labels and banded it all together, 4th stacked it and moved the pallets.

Not only was I working with mostly retards but the managers there were also idiots. One of the scanners died and no one knew how to fix it. I saw that it was a simple USB connection and we had a replacement that was the exact same thing but i was told by the manager not to touch it and that IT would have to fix it. It took the guy 45 minutes to get there and it turned out to be an idiot that I knew. He shut the entire system down. Rebooted it which took about 20 minutes because it was old and dodgy. Then he plugged the new one in and said he was done. I went to my boss and Rodney (IT) and about lost my mind. We wasted over an hour for him to do the exact same thing that I offered to do considering he didn't actually make the switch until the system was rebooted. I may have called them fucking morons and walked away.

Mysteriously I was laid off along with 3 other people that could count and do simple without having a heart attack the next week.

That DC went bankrupt.

So yes, any super repetitive job that requires no thought and is better suited for people that just want to get by is pretty much my version of hell.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

I worked at a distribution center for a little while when I was 20. We were basically in 4 man lines. 1st person picked the order, 2nd scanned to make sure it was right, 3rd prepped the shipping labels and banded it all together, 4th stacked it and moved the pallets.

Not only was I working with mostly retards but the managers there were also idiots. One of the scanners died and no one knew how to fix it. I saw that it was a simple USB connection and we had a replacement that was the exact same thing but i was told by the manager not to touch it and that IT would have to fix it. It took the guy 45 minutes to get there and it turned out to be an idiot that I knew. He shut the entire system down. Rebooted it which took about 20 minutes because it was old and dodgy. Then he plugged the new one in and said he was done. I went to my boss and Rodney (IT) and about lost my mind. We wasted over an hour for him to do the exact same thing that I offered to do considering he didn't actually make the switch until the system was rebooted. I may have called them fucking morons and walked away.

Mysteriously I was laid off along with 3 other people that could count and do simple without having a heart attack the next week.

That DC went bankrupt.

So yes, any super repetitive job that requires no thought and is better suited for people that just want to get by is pretty much my version of hell.
I hear ya. I worked in a factory before. One of the jobs was to assemble card board boxes so the other guys could put stuff in them. This was only a couple years back, basically you feed flat boxes into a machine, it does it's thing, and they come out ready made boxes. I'm just there to feed the stacks of boxes and change the tape every now and then. Naturally the machine was a hunk of shit, so I'd just fix it. I guess normally whoever was doing that job would just stand around until they called out the supplier. Fuck me I hated that job

T

The Big Guy

My friend has to mop the VIP room at the strip club. Now we call him sticky cause he steps in jizz everyday

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

That DC went bankrupt.

I did seasonal stuff like that when I was like 17
During christmas we would assemble box sets of those horrible quality christmas corny music...cassettes lol
was so shitty we tried to get fired every day just to GTFO out there

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
I used to work in a tannery. At least half the workers couldn't read or write. I used to have to fill in safety forms for all the dudes who couldn't even write there own names. Here's a few of the things that happened before I left.

I had an ammonia barrel blow up in my face and knock me out (while I was wearing a full face gas mask). Woke up, ran downstairs and showered, changed my clothes and finished my shift.
I got lime all over my leg from the dehairing process and my skin turned blue whenever I got water on it it burned like fire.
A guy washed his hands in an unlabeled hydrochloric acid tap.
A dude had the skin ripped off his arm and shoulder on a tractor belt.
A guy fed his hand through a leather splitter (top, middle, btm), passed out from the pain but was the only dude who knew how to take the machine apart so they had to keep waking him up to get directions.
A dude got hit by a massive rotating drum filled with leather, knocked across the room into a wall a knocked out. Left a nice scar on his forehead.
The buffing department would regularly have so much dust in the air it would ignite and the factory would have to be evacuated until the fire was put out.
Dude lit a smoke in a chimney filled with combustable dyes while he was cleaning it and killed himself.

As for horrible jobs, I had to open cattle hides stacked on pallets direct from the slaughter house to get them ready for dehairing. Maggots would jump out of the pools of blood on them constantly.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I used to work in a tannery. At least half the workers couldn't read or write. I used to have to fill in safety forms for all the dudes who couldn't even write there own names. Here's a few of the things that happened before I left.

I had an ammonia barrel blow up in my face and knock me out (while I was wearing a full face gas mask). Woke up, ran downstairs and showered, changed my clothes and finished my shift.
I got lime all over my leg from the dehairing process and my skin turned blue whenever I got water on it it burned like fire.
A guy fed his hand through a leather splitter (top, middle, btm), passed out from the pain but was the only dude who knew how to take the machine apart so they had to keep waking him up to get directions.
A dude got hit by a massive rotating drum filled with leather, knocked across the room into a wall a knocked out. Left a nice scar on his forehead.
The buffing department would regularly have so much dust in the air it would ignite and the factory would have to be evacuated until the fire was put out.
Dude lit a smoke in a chimney filled with combustable dyes while he was cleaning it and killed himself.

As for horrible jobs, I had to open cattle hides stacked on pallets direct from the slaughter house to get them ready for dehairing. Maggots would jump out of the pools of blood on them constantly.
Sounds nice.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016
Sounds nice.
I also took a knife inside my eye socket that luckily got stopped by my orbital bone. I had blood running down into my eye and had no idea if it was gone or not. I left a great message on my brothers answering machine about how I had to leave work because there was a knife in my eye and I needed to be picked up because I couldn't drive home.

As well, I used to deal with chromium sulfate (that shit from the Erin Brockavich movie), with no PPE because they didn't teach us about what we were using and I couldn't understand why I was getting lung infections and pneumonia multiple times a year.

I left after 3 years but I'm sure it'll catch up to me.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

You need to check your white privilege. Sounds like a great job.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I also took a knife inside my eye socket that luckily got stopped by my orbital bone. I had blood running down into my eye and had no idea if it was gone or not. I left a great message on my brothers answering machine about how I had to leave work because there was a knife in my eye and I needed to be picked up because I couldn't drive home.

As well, I used to deal with chromium sulfate (that shit from the Erin Brockavich movie), with no PPE because they didn't teach us about what we were using and I couldn't understand why I was getting lung infections and pneumonia multiple times a year.

I left after 3 years but I'm sure it'll catch up to me.
Thread please. This is a story and half. If not, I'm sure we'll get it, you double hard gnarly bugger top team kept his eye bastard.