Lifestyle would you be in an interracial relationship?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
But would I be in a relationship with her? No.

There are just too many differences in culture. If someone want to do some blow and go do a drive by on a funeral of someone who lived a block away, that's on them. I ain't down with that shit.
This is a black = gang member attempt?

There's no preponderance of hot rich middle aged black sports commentators involved in gang thuggery. Let alone Cari Champion...

This is the foundation of that statement?
I'm supposed to move from this to drive by?

Son please...I'd disappoint the shit out of her.

I used to totally have a thing for Asian chicks. Until I worked with them and discovered their unabated disdain for us roundeyes. Physically speaking, I think Asians are beautiful. But they are the most racist people alive. Plus they'd probably meet my dog and look at it as dinner instead of a pet.

Definitely the most racist...

If you're gonna make race jokes as social commentary, I'd hope they would be clever enough to mean something.

You kind of just shit over a potentially good post by trying to skirt the rules on racism.

We don't care if you wanna talk race or culture issues. But all I can see is a veiled thread about blacks = gang members and Asians = dog eaters....So you don't want to date them.

I'm not sure why you're attacking Leigh that an English guy doesn't view race/culture the same way you do.

I'd imagine that UK Black culture has vastly different ties than American black culture. And I'd imagine it's as heterogeneous as American black culture as well.

Isn't the harder part of a interracial relationship, if you found some nice brown girl that met all your interests, dealing with the external assumption you're making here in this thread?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Maybe I already am? My wife is Spanish and definitely looks it - her dad was born in Spain, although she was born in America.
I don't know - I guess I don't think about it. People are people.

I'm a German/Irish/Scottish/English/Cherokee clusterfuck of a mutt. I just look like a normal white dude though.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Race =/ Culture

my wife is of Asian ancestry, her parents are ethnic Chinese from Taiwan and Thailand. But she was born and raised in LA.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
To answer OP's question, yes. Have in the past and would in the future. Although I wouldn't fault anyone who preferred dating within their own race.
I have too and would in the future.
Agreed, I wouldnt fault anyone who preferred dating within their own race or culture... whatever floats your boat really...

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I've dated Vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Filipino, Korean, Iranian, Greek, Italian, Mexican, Guatemalan, and black. The only times I had issues with family was when I was dating a nutty woman from a nutty family.
Actually, the most scrutiny that I received was from an upper middle class white mother that wasn't happy that her daughter was dating a poor kid.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
I also caught a lot of shit when I went to the Family Reunion type gathering with my Mexican lady. At least at first. The uncles were all giving me shit in broken English and I can only imagine what they were saying in Spanish. But by the end of the festivities we were all friends. Tequila and Mezcal helped us bond.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wouldn't even attempt an African American chick as they're brains have undergone too much experimentation by media culture.
I'd date an African chick no problem though.
I used to date a Jamaican chick who was smoking hot. She was a bit crazy, but really cool. She hated "African Americans."

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
This is a black = gang member attempt?

There's no preponderance of hot rich middle aged black sports commentators involved in gang thuggery. Let alone Cari Champion...

This is the foundation of that statement?
I'm supposed to move from this to drive by?

Son please...I'd disappoint the shit out of her.

Definitely the most racist...

If you're gonna make race jokes as social commentary, I'd hope they would be clever enough to mean something.

You kind of just shit over a potentially good post by trying to skirt the rules on racism.

We don't care if you wanna talk race or culture issues. But all I can see is a veiled thread about blacks = gang members and Asians = dog eaters....So you don't want to date them.

I'm not sure why you're attacking Leigh that an English guy doesn't view race/culture the same way you do.

I'd imagine that UK Black culture has vastly different ties than American black culture. And I'd imagine it's as heterogeneous as American black culture as well.

Isn't the harder part of a interracial relationship, if you found some nice brown girl that met all your interests, dealing with the external assumption you're making here in this thread?
There is nothing racist about my post, veiled or otherwise.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
There is nothing racist about my post, veiled or otherwise.

Sure there is. But before we go down that rabbit hole tell me what IS racist? What would a racist post entail?

At least we can get a foundation of something we might agree on.

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015
Im white as hell, American. My mothers family is Irish. My fathers side is German. Ive never had a problem with dating women of different culture/race/ethnic group/religion. Ive always had a thing for Hispanic women.

My wife is Hispanic from Guatemala and came to the states when she was 13. Our children are of "mixed race". I dont think of it like that. More like an inter-ethnic marriage. If thats a term.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Sure there is. But before we go down that rabbit hole tell me what IS racist? What would a racist post entail?

This post starts from the assumption there's something atypical about interracial dating. I have to say, it doesn't sound like OP is a racist moron, it sounds similar to statements my Italian grandmother used to make. She didn't know any better, she was right off the boat. "Why are you friends with black people? Do you feel bad for them?" was a famous one. But she wasn't malicious, just had the normal racism of the day ingrained in her from birth and didn't live in a real integrated world. She probably didn't have a black person in her house until I brought kneeblock @Kneeblock over to hang out in Junior HS.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015

Difficult question to answer. My intent wasn't to be racist or skirt TOS, but rather state that I would rather avoid the baggage that comes with such a relationship. Family, friends, on both sides, are going to have some questions about it. Not everyone, but there will always be someone who will go out of the way to make you the outsider.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Difficult question to answer. My intent wasn't to be racist or skirt TOS, but rather state that I would rather avoid the baggage that comes with such a relationship. Family, friends, on both sides, are going to have some questions about it. Not everyone, but there will always be someone who will go out of the way to make you the outsider.

I don't think you're being malevolent actually.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
This post starts from the assumption there's something atypical about interracial dating. I have to say, it doesn't sound like OP is a racist moron, it sounds similar to statements my Italian grandmother used to make. She didn't know any better, she was right off the boat. "Why are you friends with black people? Do you feel bad for them?" was a famous one. But she wasn't malicious, just had the normal racism of the day ingrained in her from birth and didn't live in a real integrated world. She probably didn't have a black person in her house until I brought kneeblock @Kneeblock over to hang out in Junior HS.
Did she offer to feed him?

BJTT_Pella

I want to go fishing.
Jun 25, 2015

Are you married? Do you realize that its going to be awkward with the inlaws, BECAUSE YOU ARE AN OUTSIDER? It's normal even in same race marriages. My mother in law hates me. Not because I'm white but because I stand up to pee. She would hate me if her and I were the same Ethnic group.

In every relationship these things occur. Its how you and your significant other respond and deal with it. You might just be experiencing cultural differences. It could have nothing to do with race or ethnic group.

I do agree with some of the things you said. If that how you feel, feel it. I dont think its racist to think that. Even if it were, that would be your way of thinking. Nobody should tell you how to think, even on the internet. But still need to follow site tos.

Cheers.

Mix6APlix

Oct 20, 2015
Am I married? Are you trying to be funny? I chronicled my ex committing nothing short of felonious assault, well I guess it would be aggravated battery, on me before walking out a few days ago. So, no, I am not.