WSOF 20 Fight Discussion - April 10, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
How come something is always messed up with WSOF? Anyone lose NBC Sports?

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Uh

Did anyone else's WSOF feed completely disappear?

Did an evil super villain/arch nemesis of Phoenix Jones hack into the broadcast as a way to sabotage this super heroes big debut?

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i can see the fight but no sound. missing out on the henzo hespect speech

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It's back for me now

First it said "Sky satellite" or something with an error screen. Then it was just audio with a WSOF logo. Then just video. Now fine again.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
some bush league shit though seems like wsof always has problems just like invcita did before merging with fight pass.

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
That was a bush league omoplata attempt

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
It's back for me now

First it said "Skyim" or something. Then it was just audio. Then just video. Now fine again.
I want to fight Phoenix Jones lol
Do it. He looks lost on the ground and is getting smothered.

I'd like to see him win just to bring more attention to WSOF. But he was not ready for a fight on this level.

Not saying Walo is some great fighter, but they should have given him a softball since WSOF fights are meaningless anyway and it'd be good to get him a win on a national TV scale. He could bring more hype to the promotion.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
If people don't duck me in the pros give me a year and a half and I'll be in one of these top shows. The jits and wrestling is no boa

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
That was a bush league omoplata attempt
Lol, literally as I was typing in my above post "he looks lost on the ground".. he went and did that, and it confirmed what I thought

He probably could've done something worthwhile instead of that and maybe got to his feet. I think he knows he's gonna lose this fight. I dont think he will get Walo off of him.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
If people don't duck me in the pros give me a year and a half and I'll be in one of these top shows. The jits and wrestling is no boa
These days, the only top show that airs on TV in Amercia is the UFC . Outside of 5-6 guys in WSOF, everyone is regional level. In Bellator, they have a couple dozen higher level guys, but again, mostly guys at he skill level you see on top of the regional scene.

Same with ONE. They have a few high level guys, but tons of 1-0, 2-1 types that really look even less skilled than some ammy guys I know who bust their ass every day to try and get a shot at the exposure these promotions have with their TV deals.

I have a feeling you would destroy plenty of the people we've seen tonight on the prelims and opening part of the main cards. And I'll be watching when you do.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
These days, the only top show is the UFC. Outside of 5-6 guys in WSOF, everyone is regional level. In Bellator, they have a couple dozen higher level guys, but again, mostly guys at he skill level you see on top of the regional scene.

I have a feeling you would destroy plenty of the people we've seen tonight on the prelims and opening part of the main cards. And I'll be watching when you do.
Yea I agree with that assesment of the fight arenas. I'd be interested in ONE

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I'm going back to Bellator Schilling is on

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
That Hydro Mousse promo made me dizzy with those rapid slide transitions and radioactive green spray going everywhere...

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Yea I agree with that assesment of the fight arenas. I'd be interested in ONE
Man. That would be fucking awesome. I actually just edited my post and mentioned ONE

You could wreck shit in there. Since they are really trying to promote the Asian talent, they often have reallllly low level bad guys on the lower half of their cards, that they wanna make into stars in diff parts of Asia

Obviously it's necessary for them to continue to grow. But, a guy like you could go in there and rack up some high profile wins while gaining experience. It'd be fucking awesome if you end up in ONE. You'd fight all over the world and beat ass. What's not to love?

BTW - I missed some of the post about your pro transition. Do you have a fight setup? Either way, can't wait to see more from ya man.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Man. That would be fucking awesome. I actually just edited my post and mentioned ONE

You could wreck shit in there. Since they are really trying to promote the Asian talent, they often have reallllly low level bad guys on the lower half of their cards, that they wanna make into stars in diff parts of Asia

Obviously it's necessary for them to continue to grow. But, a guy like you could go in there and rack up some high profile wins while gaining experience. It'd be fucking awesome if you end up in ONE. You'd fight all over the world and beat ass. What's not to love?

BTW - I missed some of the post about your pro transition. Do you have a fight setup? Either way, can't wait to see more from ya man.
I would love ONE. I want to fight internationally. Right now my manager is in talks with some organizations in Canada but nothing official yet. So in doing ADCC trials may 9 and IBJJF World's

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I also have a feeling that Jones is probably overwhelmed by this situation. He's never had a fight with this much exposure.

Ben has only fought bums. Not saying it to talk shit. But the only guy he's beaten with a winning record was 3-0 at the time I think. He's faced guys that were like 1-3 going into their fight with hm.

Walo is not so high level either but he is 7-2 and you can tell he trained very hard because he knew if he beat the "super hero" he'd get more exposure than all of his past fights combined. Too bad his performance is a dread to watch

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Either way. WSOF should've given Fodor a can. It's a win win to have him get a victory and no one would notice r care if he fought a 4-8 type guy

Instead he gets LNPd, looks amateur and no one will care next time he's in there. Giving him an easy matchup would've helped the promotion and his profile, this just hurts both of them.

I'm not a proponent of giving guys easy fights, but WSOF needs all the help it can get. Building a guy is important. Fodor has faced strictly bums to this point and should've had at least one more easy fight since this is a low level org that happens to have a TV deal with celebrity fighters as their media personalities.

I wish I had the money and resources and time to run my own promotion. Lol. But they ALL lose money.

Actually, I wish was getting paid to run someone ELSE'S promotion. That'd be ideal lol

Coker is the smartest promoter outside f the UFC by far. He's building their brand with freakshow/big name guy (but past their prime) matches that bring attention to their younger, actually skilled guys on their cards.

In time Bellator will reach SF's level I believe. They just need more momentum and exposure. Right now, the silly matchups are the way to do it. Although I still don't think Ken vs Kimbo is a good idea. It'll draw ratings but hurt their credibility even to casual fans.

Sorry for the rants bros.Just bored out of my mind watching some grapplefuckfest "superhero" fight ; )

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
WAR NICK NEWELL!!!!

Can't fcking wait to see his comeback fight. I have such a nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach. People don't understand how amazing of an athlete he is to have gotten as far as he has. I'd really love to see him continue to pick up some wins even if he never fights for a title in the org.

I just absolutely don't want to see him lose like last time. That was a hard one to watch.

HUGE fan of him. Locally I have heard he is not injured and had a great camp,as opposed to his last fight. Not saying Gatheje wouldn't have beaten him anyway, because as we've all seen he has just gotten better and better.. but yeah.

We'll see what happens. Come on Nick. You've got all of Western Mass rooting for you!