WSOF 20 Fight Discussion - April 10, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Wow, did they just say Leon Davis is fighting next? Somehow I had no idea. I just saw Leon like 2 months ago at the mall lol. Asked him about his next fight and he didn't have one lined up. He definitely would've mentioned a WSOF match. I hope he was able to get a full camp.

If you guys saw my first post on the first page about Nick, I mention Leon. My cousin was supposed to fight Nick and backed out, ended up fighting Leon instead and getting his ass beat

Leon is a good wrestler but his coaches have told me himself that he is a little lazy n the gym nowadays and had not been training as much as he should. This was in December 2013. I'm sure with this opportunity he's taking things way more seriously.

I hope my druggy thief cousin who got his ass beat by Leon is watching this right now and crying to himself.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
PS if this match already happened (the Leon fight) and was a prelim that they are re airing, please don't spoil it for me.

Gonna watch now and check the board when it's over.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Sorry for so many posts. Just bored and watching alone. Hard not to get excited when local pals are fighting on live national TV!

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Damn lol

The minute I saw that Leon was going against a 10-1 crazy Dagestani fighter I knew he was probably gonna get beat up.

Semi lazy stoner, who is kind of a hobbyist on/off fighter (who works at a skate shop in a suburban neighborhood) vs a third world fighter who is literally fighting to earn a better life. Totally diff levels of motivation. Knew that was gonna happen as son as I looked his opponent up

Gotta wonder if that loss/ass beating messed with the mood of Newell's locker room. He's best buds with Leon. That can't be good for your psyche to see your pal get destroyed early in the night.

Fuck I'm so nervous

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I will probably continue talking to myself ITT since no one else is watching

So please forgive me

Hope I didn't miss the Schilling fight.. fuck

Star-Lord

Saving the Universe one Fight at a Time
Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
I wonder if Condon can get the upset again

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Is it me, or is a cross obviously the technique to use against newel

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Newell needs to clinch up with him ASAP. He can get the sub. It's silly to strike and try to prove a point. He is swinging wide with not that great of defense. Damn it. He always used to have a more wrestling oriented strategy til he picked up a few KO wins in the last few years

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Newell should have done that IMMEDIATELY and not fuck around. He has no defense on the left side for obvious reasons.

He is fighting 20 mins away from his house so I'd imagine he wants to put on a show. But he can take this guy down like nothing and clearly out grapple him. He needs to stop fucking around on the feet. If he did that a minute before hand, he'd have gotten the choke and the fight would already be over.

Sorry guys. I am so nervous

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Newell should have done that IMMEDIATELY and not fuck around. He has no defense on the left side for obvious reasons.

He is fighting 20 mins away from his house so I'd imagine he wants to put on a show. But he can take this guy down like nothing and clearly out grapple him. He needs to stop fucking around on the feet. If he did that a minute before hand, he'd have gotten the choke and the fight would already be over.

Sorry guys. I am so nervous
Yep I agree

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
For his entire rise to the top from when he started fighting in bars at shitty local shows my cousin put on, Newell utilized his grappling. I don't like this.

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Newell ran out of time needs to go back to the grappling.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Nick has great coaches. I'm sure they are telling him the right thing. Hope he listens. He seems to be now. Even 20 extra seconds on the feet could be dangerous for him. It's unnecessary and he is a much better grappler than striker. I know he wants to win by KO in front of everyone but I just want him to win period.

Star-Lord

Amateur Fighter
Jan 23, 2015
Nick has great coaches. I'm sure they are telling him the right thing. Hope he listens. He seems to be now. Even 20 extra seconds on the feet could be dangerous for him. It's unnecessary and he is a much better grappler than striker. I know he wants to win by KO in front of everyone but I just want him to win period.
1-1?

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Nick just gassed

I'm not feeling good about how round 3 will turn out if he doesn't get it to the ground immediately

I know his coaches are gonna be screaming at him to get the takedown. He has outgrappled Condon in every way except when they are against the fence, and even then Condon is just defending and trying to get him off of him.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I'd give both rounds to Newell. I'm also biased and very nervous though. Condon didn't do much in the first. Newell finished both rounds in the dominant position and despite getting tagged with a few good straight punches, he's landed about a dozen solid body kicks

I do think the judges take Nick's disability into account even tho they are not supposed to.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Nick could have won this in the first when he was fresh but chose to stay on the feet to prove a point he doesn't need to prove

The fact he is even in there and competitive is enough. He doesn't need to prove he's a striker because he's not. He needs to win.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
He just let out the slowest body kickI've ever seen with both arms at his side

He is going to get knocked out. Fuck.