WSOF 20 Fight Discussion - April 10, 2015

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
He needs to just defend and grapple as much as possible and hope he got the first two rounds. I hope he survives. Even if he loses the dec. I don't wanna see him get finished. God

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
God how can you not look up to this guy!

One arm, EXHAUSTED, and he is still chasing after Condon and trying to tag him with a minute left.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I'm going to have a heart attack

Nick should win 2-1 but I dunno about that first. 2nd was Nick, 3rd was Condon except for the end (even though Nick's sub was the closest either guy came to finishing.

First could go either way depending on how they saw things, but I'd think the last part where he had his back would influence them into givng it to Nick considering it was fairly even and that was the impression they were left with, Nick in a dominant position

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also. Nick has always had really good cardio. In his last 2 fights, he has gassed. The Gatheje fight was obviously way diff - an elite fighter who was kicking his ass

But I'm really surprised Nick gassed near the end of the 2nd here. Possible injury that prevented him from training at 100%? It's not like he was in a supr grueling physcal fighter up til that point and Nick was always known for his cardio in high school and pre Gatheje fight

Left Hook Larry

3x Undisputed Monsters Champ/King of Buttertooths
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I had it for Condon but it was a close fight hopefully Newell learns from that performance.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I had it for Condon but it was a close fight hopefully Newell learns from that performance.
I can't see how Condon won the first. It was fairly even but he didn't do anything that left an impression and the most noteworthy thing that happened was Newell with the big slam and taking his back at the end.

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Also. FUCK Doug Crosby. He got it right tonight but that guy should never be allowed to judge. He's made it clear he does oot judge fairly as he should. The UG debacle was the perfect example of that after he scored BJ/Edgar 1 50-45 and trolled endlessly on the UG about it in some weird, self entitled bizarre mental breakdown

If you read all those posts in that thread.. You'd think he was insane, a dick, or being paid under the table and can't keep his mouth shut.

Either way, that whole thing was one f the most bizarre things I've witnessed in MMA/MMA forums. The score and his post fight troll antics

Γαλάνης

The Wallabee Champ
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Man it's just crazy to me

7 years ago I was watching this kid fight in bars in small shows and people back THEN thought he was in over his head and was gonna get killed, my cousin who SUCKED didn't even wanna fight him cuz he was all "I don't wanna beat up a kid with one arm"

Now in 2015 he has won every single fight he's had except against the very best guy in all of WSOF. Plus every fight before that, he was choking guys the fuck out and had some sweet KO wins too. He had done really well when he stepped his competition level up in his few fights before Gatheje and man.. So impressive. This dude.

When he started wrestling in high school, he lost something like his first 30 matches. He just never gave up and eventually got REALLY good considering the area were' in and the level of wrestling available.

I don't care if he ever wins another fight again, Newell is a BAD MOTHER FUCKER and will always be a hero of mine. His whole life people were telling him he can't do this or that, and he proved them all wrong, and is winning fights on a national scale. So proud o fthat dude and his team. Sorry I keep posting so much guys, I've just followed this kid and known him since before I even got into MMA. Everyone knew him locally in high school as the bad ass wrestler with 1 arm. Now he's here. Just wow. So happy!

Just wow.

Spazebra

Apr 7, 2015
McElligott was a disgrace. Out of shape and ill-prepared for the big stage. I know it was a last-minute replacement, but WSOF had other alternatives, and they chose McElligott. Really makes you wonder about the competence of the
promotion management. Branch is a quality fighter, but he wasn't tested last night, and, obviously, was disgusted by having to face a guy like McElligott.