General wtf m8's. Dallas cop comes home and kills intruder. Except...Not intruder. Not her home.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
the cops story doesn't line up with eyewitness statements... Oh No! Who should we believe?

:confused:

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Botham Jean's door was unlocked, lights were off when Officer Amber Guyger mistook his apartment for hers, official says | Dallas Police | Dallas News

I get it. Wrong floor. Same hallways.

but...

Apt numbers wrong.
Big red mat in front of the door.
Door is already unlocked.

None of this made her think something was amiss to turn on the lights, call for assistance before entering, etc. Just walked into 'her' apartment and saw someone and shot them in the dark.

She should just plea out and get it all over with.
if she put the key in the lock, what difference does it make if it was unlocked?

Key doesn't turn. What do you do?

me: "WTF?" <looks around to make sure at the right door>

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Of course the day of his funeral, law enforcement discloses he had weed in his apartment. So fucking stupid the way the media assists in the character assasination of victims.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Of course the day of his funeral, law enforcement discloses he had weed in his apartment. So fucking stupid the way the media assists in the character assasination of victims.

Who gives a fuck about weed? My eyes tell me this dude was a nice guy and the bitch cop is a strung out hookah.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
This thread is too taxing to read through to the end.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but apparently this dude has a very unique door mat.

It would have been almost impossible for this cop to mistake it for her unit as she stood on the door mat and put her key in the door.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That video of her pacing really makes you think there is more to this.

Banchan

The Most Dangerous Dame
Oct 2, 2017
  • In a statement Saturday, the police department said the Texas Rangers took over the investigation to "eliminate the appearance of any potential bias" and "they made the decision to postpone pursuing a warrant until they could follow up on information that they received from the interview with the officer.
If she was an electrician and the same thing happened, there wouldn't be any hesitation in issuing a warrant. Their bias is already showing.

• A blood sample was drawn to test for drugs and alcohol
He was in his home. Who gives a fuck what -if anything - he had in his system? Working that spin...

My guess on the spin to keep her out of jail: She mistakenly went to the wrong apartment, and when Botham heard someone fucking about with the door he opened it. When he saw it was a cop, he lost his shit and got aggressive with her. She had no choice but to shoot him to stop the attack.

Any takers on whether or not this is their official release? It's pretty easy to spin a story when only one person is left to tell the tale.
You saw her mugshot right?

If I were to guess who was on drugs I would guess her before the victim.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Mentioning the weed is pretty silly. Doesn't matter if he had nuclear weapons in his apartment, cop had no business walking into his home in the first place

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
releasing the weed info is stupid.

it just reinforces what people think about the police, and it highlights that it's a top-down cultural issue.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
While I feel terrible for the victim and his family, part of me feels terrible for her too... for now. I don't think her keeping her job was ever a priority, and she should absolutely be fired, even if her story is accurate.
i feel bad for her, but the standard of behavior and the accountability should be HIGHER for police than it is for Joe Citizen.

I've worked some pretty crazy shifts, including one where I worked 24 On/12 Off. And I was walking around with a sidearm. If I'd walked in to my neighbor's house and killed someone, I would have been arrested and charged within hours. The Grand Jury would have rubber-stamped my indictment and I'd be locked up waiting trial.

Why does this woman get preferential/special treatment?

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
i feel bad for her, but the standard of behavior and the accountability should be HIGHER for police than it is for Joe Citizen.

I've worked some pretty crazy shifts, including one where I worked 24 On/12 Off. And I was walking around with a sidearm. If I'd walked in to my neighbor's house and killed someone, I would have been arrested and charged within hours. The Grand Jury would have rubber-stamped my indictment and I'd be locked up waiting trial.

I don't disagree.

HEATH VON DOOM

Remember the 5th of November
Oct 21, 2015
We really should reserve judgement as to what happened when we get all the facts. How the fuck do you get eyewitnesses when they both were alone. Basically other than people being somewhere else and hearing gunshots we don't have much in the way of real facts.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

The only part of this that I disagree with is that I don't feel bad for her.

If any of us walked into our neighbor's home and shot them we would immediately be charged with murder and it would be justified.

The fact that she's an officer makes it worse because officers and military personnel should take more care when carrying a firearm than the average citizen.

She didn't. Fuck her and everyone that bothered to bring up the weed in his home.

Onetrickpony

Stay gold
Nov 21, 2016

Holy fuck! So there is a chance he may have been high when he opened his door and was murdered by an off duty cop in his own home?

Why even have a trial? It must be his fault.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
We really should reserve judgement as to what happened when we get all the facts. How the fuck do you get eyewitnesses when they both were alone. Basically other than people being somewhere else and hearing gunshots we don't have much in the way of real facts.
what facts do you feel are in dispute which could be mitigating evidence in trial or at sentencing?