You win the lottery tomorrow, but to get the money you must take a job. What's your job?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
100% honesty here - I have a colleague who's wife measures chicks breasts for a living - £70 grand a year. I've had talks with her about entering the profession but there is a slight conflict of interest at play......I would though gladly be a volunteer breast measuring apprentice which I should easily be able to buy my way into......

Last edited:

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
I really like what I do - working from home as my main job and teaching martial arts in the evening.

One of the best jobs I've had is pizza delivery on a moped. Those scooters are fun to ride around on and you get to eat pizza and other great junk food.

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I really like what I do - working from home as my main job and teaching martial arts in the evening.

One of the best jobs I've had is pizza delivery on a moped. Those scooters are fun to ride around on and you get to eat pizza and other great junk food.
Generally speaking, what is your day job Leigh?

Robbie Hart

Feb 13, 2015
I'm a safety engineer in the rail sector. I do safety analysis and write safety requirements etc to evaluate and reduce the risk of injury/death associated with railways.

It's decent as a job but working from home is amazing.
I work from home also. Work for an energy consultancy based up north. I used to think "oh, yeah people are working at home, yeah, sure", but if you are disciplined (and realise that they can tell if you are doing nothing but sleeping) it is the best....no travel time to work, no traffic, etc, particularly here in England.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Morning gas station attendant. Get up at 5, smoke a joint, not shower, go to work for a few hours, smoke more joints at work, leave at noon. 4 days a week.

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Oh question. This lottery that we win, is it fuck you type money, or a few mil?

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Create posters or promo videos for Bellator, GLORY or Rizin, if I could have half the talent BrattMamley @BrattMamley does I'd be happy. I could do this work from home or anywhere I decide to call home like my RV trip I'm doing and have infinite time with my family.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Part time or full time?
Part time as per the specs laid out in the OP. Want as much time to hunt, go to the range, and hang out with my friends and family as possible. I'm also pretty buddy, buddy with the owner already and could probably pretty easily pick up a part time gig if I wanted to.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
and they'd better go easy on the sauce, or there won't be any toppings left on that pizza.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Oh question. This lottery that we win, is it fuck you type money, or a few mil?
A few million isn't fuck you money? You invest half of it properly and you shouldnt ever have to work another day in your life.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
A few million isn't fuck you money? You invest half of it properly and you shouldnt ever have to work another day in your life.
Nah if it was only a few million I'd invest a million right off the bat, pay off my house, pay off my car, buy a toy or 2, and continue working like I do now.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Nah if it was only a few million I'd invest a million right off the bat, pay off my house, pay off my car, buy a toy or 2, and continue working like I do now.
$2 million is about $1.2 after taxes. You invest $750k, use another $250k to pay off debt, and have $200k to play with. Shieeeeeet.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
$2 million is about $1.2 after taxes. You invest $750k, use another $250k to pay off debt, and have $200k to play with. Shieeeeeet.
Wouldn't even need 250 to pay off debt and would only need 100-150 to play with.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
$2 million definitely isn't fuck you money. Especially if you're in your 20's-30's and came from an average income household. I had an acquaintance win a tax free $4.4 mil about 10 years ago. Walked into a bank and said "I don't ever want to work again." They said it'll cost you $2 mil and got him into some investments, very low return, even lower risk, that are pretty much guaranteed to yield him $100k/year He then set his immediate family up, and bought himself a new house and car. He lives a very comfortable, but not lavish lifestyle. I'd estimate depending on how much you want to help out your friends/family around you that $3 mil is probably about the minimum in the "Fuck you money" department. Yes, he could have invested in more aggressive options, but he then also has a higher risk of losing it all, like happened to a bunch of people in 2008. People who laughed at his low yield investments 10 years ago are asking him for hand outs now, lol.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
$2 million definitely isn't fuck you money. Especially if you're in your 20's-30's and came from an average income household. I had an acquaintance win a tax free $4.4 mil about 10 years ago. Walked into a bank and said "I don't ever want to work again." They said it'll cost you $2 mil and got him into some investments, very low return, even lower risk, that are pretty much guaranteed to yield him $100k/year He then set his immediate family up, and bought himself a new house and car. He lives a very comfortable, but not lavish lifestyle. I'd estimate depending on how much you want to help out your friends/family around you that $3 mil is probably about the minimum in the "Fuck you money" department. Yes, he could have invested in more aggressive options, but he then also has a higher risk of losing it all, like happened to a bunch of people in 2008. People who laughed at his low yield investments 10 years ago are asking him for hand outs now, lol.
Thats awesome for your acquaintance. Thats the way to do it right there!

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Ah, who the fuck am I kidding, I'd spend it all in cars, weed, chicks and tons of blow, because hot chicks love blow.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wouldn't change a thing. I love where I work (power plant). I'd just be able to buy the things I want quicker instead of saving for them.

Hired Gun

If You Only Knew What I Dooooo
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I would run my own foundation to grant scholarships for people wanting to make their life better. It could be used for college or a trade school.

I'd also open some type of food bank for the community I live in. There is absolutely no damn reason any person in a country as rich as ours should go hungry. I'd offer the help I posted above to get them out of their situation from gaining the tools to help themselves and hopefully they would pay it forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk