Your favorite dog breed?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Not sure which breed this is but I was thinking about getting one if I can Crate train it.
1626646917241.png
1626646927627.png

M

member 3289

Why would you want that?

??
Great dogs. Large and intimidating but, unlike pitbulls, great family dogs. Their appearance belies their calm nature, even around strangers.

It was bred as a catch dog for boar hunting though. @Cody can't legally own firearms so I doubt that's the reason he wants one.

T

The Big Guy

Great dogs. Large and intimidating but, unlike pitbulls, great family dogs. Their appearance belies their calm nature, even around strangers.

It was bred as a catch dog for boar hunting though. @Cody can't legally own firearms so I doubt that's the reason he wants one.
My dogs are great family dogs. The one was just looking at you funny cause you were trying to look into my truck while I was in the store.

Your shady ass even looked at my license plate

M

member 3289

My dogs are great family dogs. The one was just looking at you funny cause you were trying to look into my truck while I was in the store.

Your shady ass even looked at my license plate
Pit bulls are terrible dogs.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Haven’t had a pet in a long time but have been researching pomskys for the last several months 0B42A66B-9556-4097-A4CB-CCD39405656C.jpeg

M

member 3289

they require an alpha to their pack. someone with a good ole jersey personality
They were bred to be fighting dogs. We can't just take them from fighting pits and expect them to be family dogs after a generation.

A pet honey badger would attack small children less often.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
They were bred to be fighting dogs. We can't just take them from fighting pits and expect them to be family dogs after a generation.

A pet honey badger would attack small children less often.
i hear ya. theres a place for them tho. a ranch with local coyotes for instance. not a bad idea to have dogs like pits in your pack.

you just have to be careful with how you raise it and when you bring it around strangers or have guests over

M

member 3289

i hear ya. theres a place for them tho. a ranch with local coyotes for instance. not a bad idea to have dogs like pits in your pack.

you just have to be careful with how you raise it and when you bring it around strangers or have guests over
I'd love to agree but I don't. Pitbulls just have an unpredictable nature. They're probably fine for single men who are confident they could kill the dog if it attacked, but that's about it. I would never leave a pit bull alone with a woman, much less a kid.

There was a story last year about a pit bull that attacked a kid in Coral Springs (Broward County). Fortunately it wasnt a fatal attack this time. Their father, who wasn't home at the time, was a professional dog obedience trainer. So that dog, despite being trained by an expert, still attacked a kid.

Dogs are bred for particular purposes. Pit bulls were bred to be savage fighters. You can't expect to breed that out in a generation or two.

Edit - I reread your post and it looks like we mostly agree. Sorry lol. Jersey still sucks though so fuck you.