General 2022 what are you watching on Netflix (and other streaming services) thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I’m going to be the grumpy old man party pooper.

But I’m literally watching zero shows on any of the streaming services. I’m sure there are many things out there I’d enjoy, but I just don’t ever find myself sitting down in front of a TV these days.

-signed, grumpy old curmudgeon ?

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Westworld Season 4 Episode 2 of 8 in t-minus 45 minutes

If yall didn't like westworld seasons 2 and 3, they are worth a rewatch. Many people hated them at first due to the show making the timelines overly confusing. But many of those same people (myself included) love s2/3 upon a rewatch

And season 4 has started off great

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
They've got one season to wrap this up, bruv.
Yeh. The prequel shit is more of just cashing in where they can. And im not complaining since I prefer books to shows

But I doubt they will mention her biological father in the show. What's most important for her character are her relations with "papa" Dr. Brenner and, of course, Hopper

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Yeh. The prequel shit is more of just cashing in where they can. And im not complaining since I prefer books to shows

But I doubt they will mention her biological father in the show. What's most important for her character are her relations with "papa" Dr. Brenner and, of course, Hopper
and how Vecna is her dad which is why they have such a weird connection and why he thought they were going to join up and he nurtured her. Scoreboard, son!

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Can you fill something in for me K @kaladin stormblessed ?

I'm a little confused as to why they offed Eddie. Didn't seem necessary.

I agree. I loved Eddie. Awesome new character. They gave him the Bob treatment.

My guess is that they are too cowardly to kill off certain characters, so they kill off likeable 1 and 2 season characters such as Billy.

in terms of that episode, it also served the role of getting the viewer to think "oh shit. No one is safe" as a main cast character was in a pretty dire situation.

In hindsight, Eddie's death won't serve that role. But for a first time watching experience. His death probably made the max thing more tense for us if only on a subconscious level

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

My guess is that they are too cowardly to kill off certain characters, so they kill off likeable 1 and 2 season characters such as Billy.

in terms of that episode, it also served the role of getting the viewer to think "oh shit. No one is safe" as a main cast character was in a pretty dire situation.

In hindsight, Eddie's death won't serve that role. But for a first time watching experience. His death probably made the max thing more tense for us if only on a subconscious level
RIP Bob

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015

Eddie’s death showed that he wasn’t going to let running from things define him anymore. He risked himself to save others instead of fleeing. He didn’t know that the bats would die any second, he just knew that if he didn’t keep distracting them, they’d return to the house and interfere with Steve, Nancy, and Robin. I also don’t think the Duffer brothers expected the fans to go apeshit for Eddie the way they did. Why they didn’t realize that, I don’t know. They literally lost it with Bob and Alexi (I loved Alexi so much), so making Eddie such an insanely lovable character was their downfall to the hate for killing him. I think it was also key to showing how the hive mind works in regards to its connection with Vecna.

You are 100% right about one thing: They are too cowardly to kill anyone in the core cast off, which I think is partly why Max didn’t physically die. They won’t kill Steve, at least not until the very end, Dustin is the favorite of the kids so he’s not going anywhere, and Mike is too important to El so he won’t die. I think everyone else is fair game, even Will… Hopper and Joyce won’t die for the same reason Mike won’t. But that’s about it. I’m keeping my attachments loose for season five because I don’t trust them.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Also, I’m not that intelligent and often miss things easily so take what I said with a grain of salt bc I have no idea.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Eddie’s death showed that he wasn’t going to let running from things define him anymore. He risked himself to save others instead of fleeing. He didn’t know that the bats would die any second, he just knew that if he didn’t keep distracting them, they’d return to the house and interfere with Steve, Nancy, and Robin. I also don’t think the Duffer brothers expected the fans to go apeshit for Eddie the way they did. Why they didn’t realize that, I don’t know. They literally lost it with Bob and Alexi (I loved Alexi so much), so making Eddie such an insanely lovable character was their downfall to the hate for killing him. I think it was also key to showing how the hive mind works in regards to its connection with Vecna.

You are 100% right about one thing: They are too cowardly to kill anyone in the core cast off, which I think is partly why Max didn’t physically die. They won’t kill Steve, at least not until the very end, Dustin is the favorite of the kids so he’s not going anywhere, and Mike is too important to El so he won’t die. I think everyone else is fair game, even Will… Hopper and Joyce won’t die for the same reason Mike won’t. But that’s about it. I’m keeping my attachments loose for season five because I don’t trust them.
Eddie had already done his job. He was just supposed to get back to regular earth. The bats were still trying to get into the trailer, he could have just distracted them there and then peaced out. His getting on the bike reminded me of Jeff Goldblum with the flare in Jurassic Park

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
Eddie had already done his job. He was just supposed to get back to regular earth. The bats were still trying to get into the trailer, he could have just distracted them there and then peaced out. His getting on the bike reminded me of Jeff Goldblum with the flare in Jurassic Park

I took a little issue with this. Because it would have been more logical to buy as much time in the trailer before resorting to the self sacrifice.

But in his defense, they had already showed the bats enter the trailer. And there was a quick clip of them smashing his door inside. So they probably would've been through his inner door any second

I hear ya tho. Would've been better if he waited at his front door until they busted through his inner door

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

I took a little issue with this. Because it would have been more logical to buy as much time in the trailer before resorting to the self sacrifice.

But in his defense, they had already showed the bats enter the trailer. And there was a quick clip of them smashing his door inside. So they probably would've been through his inner door any second

I hear ya tho. Would've been better if he waited at his front door until they busted through his inner door
That's the kind of writing that pisses me off.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
That's the kind of writing that pisses me off.
It didn't phrase me. But I did notice it, and had to give it an "ok fine" befire I wiped it from my memory lol

Also worth noting the parallel structure

At the same time, hopper acted as a lamb to distract the demogorgona, Max acted as a lamb for vecna, and Billy acted as a lamb for the bats

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
t didn't phrase me. But I did notice it, and had to give it an "ok fine" befire I wiped it from my memory lol
For me it's a thing where I understand I'm watching a TV show about monsters and shit. I recognize we're not dealing with reality. But there are times when writers gets lazy by doing shit that makes no sense, either because they're such bad writers that they don't realize it's stupid, or by going "Ah, fuck it. It's a fantasy show." when those things happen I get irritated and it causes me to scrutinize other things I might not have otherwise cared about.

In the case of the season finale. It was way too long, and it was mostly too long because they added redundant actions to every scene. There's also no reason to have a fifth season. They can have this wrapped up in 2 more episodes.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
For me it's a thing where I understand I'm watching a TV show about monsters and shit. I recognize we're not dealing with reality. But there are times when writers gets lazy by doing shit that makes no sense, either because they're such bad writers that they don't realize it's stupid, or by going "Ah, fuck it. It's a fantasy show." when those things happen I get irritated and it causes me to scrutinize other things I might not have otherwise cared about.

In the case of the season finale. It was way too long, and it was mostly too long because they added redundant actions to every scene. There's also no reason to have a fifth season. They can have this wrapped up in 2 more episodes.
that final sentence is a bold assumption, unless you know where the plot is headed