General 2022 what are you watching on Netflix (and other streaming services) thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
You been watching Sandman K @kaladin stormblessed ?
Nah. I tagged you back when you were the color of women's flowers

I've never enjoyed comics other than graphic novels that are based on books

I got the sandman audiobooks, and they were pretty gnarly. Full cast. Sound effects. But I ran into two problems

Some of the scenes were just data dumps. Like this person over here having a nightmare. This other random having a nightmare. Over and over. Those sections felt very thin, which is how comics always feel to me

Still, I was enjoying the longer scenes. But out of nowhere, they mentioned arkham or wherever the joker was. That was a curveball. I'm not into DC and marvel. Once I realized this was happening in batmans world, the world building suddenly became a lot less interesting

I'm thinking about getting Netflix again to watch DOTA season 2 tho in two days lol. So if I do, I might try out sandman

Did you enjoy it?

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Oooooef I just had some pickled onions. It's 320 am. I'm gonna try and watch peaky blinders, but if 0600 hits I'm getting a bacon cob from around the corner

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
It's trippy as fuck.

I haven't anything about Batman or Arkham and I'm on episode 6 of 10.
Oh. I thought you had read the comics??

When I heard of arkham asylum, I did a quick Google search and found out that Sandman doesn't really intersect with the other DC shit. It just has small nods to other DC characters

But that was still enough to annoy me because I had been enjoying the world building as a "new world" until that part of the audiobook

netflix probably doesnt have the rights to mention DC characters anyway, so they might drop that stuff from the show since it doesn't actually impact the sandman story

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Oooooef I just had some pickled onions. It's 320 am. I'm gonna try and watch peaky blinders, but if 0600 hits I'm getting a bacon cob from around the corner
What does a bacon cob look like?

I googled it and came up with all types of food

kaladin stormblessed

Nala fanboy
Apr 24, 2017
One devil and a demon where he's trying to get his helmet back?
I forget the details, but yeh. I didn't get too far. That scene was on his quest to get a few items back. There was a bilbo vs gollum type contest, which my adult brain considers ridiculous, but my inner child got a kick out of (simply because it got the wheels in my head spinning as it went down)

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I forget the details, but yeh. I didn't get too far. That scene was on his quest to get a few items back. There was a bilbo vs gollum type contest, which my adult brain considers ridiculous, but my inner child got a kick out of (simply because it got the wheels in my head spinning as it went down)
That's like episode 3.

Poiupoiu

50 cents per post
Oct 26, 2015
for all mankind is filling my downloads now.

also "match of the day" has started back up