General Alec Baldwin fired the gun that killed one and injured another in an accident set of his film "Rust."

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
When was that ever in dispute?
Apparently the findings were thst the guns were in correct working order and did not fire by themselves...

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation has concluded that the firearm that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of “Rust” could not have fired “without a pull of the trigger while the working internal components were intact and functional.”
According to an FBI reported obtained by ABC News, the gun “could not be made to fire without a pull of the trigger.” Alec Baldwin, the star and producer of the Western, was holding the firearm at the time of the incident last October. Baldwin has stated that he was under the impression that he was holding a “cold gun” — one without live ammunition. The live round killed Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza."

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I’m just so thankful that after 3 months of extensive investigating, the FBI has finally proven he pulled the trigger. Extraordinary investigative work.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
I’m just so thankful that after 3 months of extensive investigating, the FBI has finally proven he pulled the trigger. Extraordinary investigative work.
That’s absolutely riveting. Guaranteed, he’s doing 1/2 a day in jail. FBI is too busy building tunnels from Mexico to the us

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Everybody's an expert on the proper length of an investigation and what it takes to accomplish it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Everybody's an expert on the proper length of an investigation and what it takes to accomplish it.
5 minutes is too long to spend on an investigation when the person involved acknowledges what happened.

It becomes an asinine waste of everyone's time and money the longer it goes.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
5 minutes is too long to spend on an investigation when the person involved acknowledges what happened.

You know due process is a thing that exists, and why. It takes time.

We're not a country with drumhead trials with predetermined sentences. An investigation takes however long it takes, and neither of us is in anything resembling a position to know what's long enough or too long.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You know due process is a thing that exists, and why. It takes time.

We're not a country with drumhead trials with predetermined sentences. An investigation takes however long it takes, and neither of us is in anything resembling a position to know what's long enough or too long.
Due process for what? Did they decide to charge him with murder?

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Due process for what? Did they decide to charge him with murder?
They collect and analyze and interview. If they do a shitty job, lawyers will tear it apart. However much time it takes to build a case the prosecutor can run with is the time they'll take, within reason as determined by people other than us. As I understand it that's part of due process.

Violation of due process
Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this constitutes a due process violation, which offends the rule of law.

Speaker to Animals

encephalopathetic
May 16, 2021
Nahp. Went down due process rabbit hole and can't find anything beyond handling of evidence, but it isn't specific to the initial proceedings.

Assertion withdrawn.

Can't say anything, on my own anyways, about how long it ought to take.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
They collect and analyze and interview. If they do a shitty job, lawyers will tear it apart. However much time it takes to build a case the prosecutor can run with is the time they'll take, within reason as determined by people other than us. As I understand it that's part of due process.

Violation of due process
Due process balances the power of law of the land and protects the individual person from it. When a government harms a person without following the exact course of the law, this constitutes a due process violation, which offends the rule of law.
As I said, as far as I'm aware he isn't being charged criminally. This strikes me as an FBI circle jerk, which historically speaking is the extent of their work.

Robbie Hart

All Biden Voters Are Mindless Sheep
Feb 13, 2015
As I said, as far as I'm aware he isn't being charged criminally. This strikes me as an FBI circle jerk, which historically speaking is the extent of their work.
FBI doesn’t really investigate? You can’t be serious? Our government?

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016

Baldwin claimed that the firearm discharged without him touching the trigger.

He said he released the hammer and it fired.

The FBI has asserted unequivocally that he had to have released the sear via the trigger in order for the shot to be fired.