BJJ Technique Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Diogenes

Jan 22, 2017
Been teaching the Ezekiel from failed arm triangles all this week. Working on getting the to recognize all the positions this arises, from traditional arm triangles, to seatbelt grip from the back, anacondas and front headlocks. Next week will be chaining those two attacks with some arm bars and RNCs

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
TYTY Fren, I came from that other spot full of top men and damn this is a breath of fresh air!!!!
It gets even better. The live threads on fight nights are great, and in this sub-forum we usually will have a live thread to discuss big events like EBI etc.

M

member 603

What's up Diogenes @Diogenes? Where do you teach? We got a good group of guys here that love BJJ and actually train and teach, welcome to the fold here

Diogenes

Jan 22, 2017
I have a little school in NorCal, though I travel a lot and train all over the LA area when I am down that way.

M

member 603

I have a little school in NorCal, though I travel a lot and train all over the LA area when I am down that way.
Nice, I'm based out of Orlando Florida, but I'll go out to LA for gigs and train at a few places there. Are you affiliated with any specific team or camp?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Nice, I'm based out of Orlando Florida, but I'll go out to LA for gigs and train at a few places there. Are you affiliated with any specific team or camp?
You have any footage of yourself rolling Rhino?

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
Taking the back from de la riva....

So my instructor has never taught this to us yet but about a week ago I watched someone teaching it on youtube and I'm actually having pretty good sucess with it lol

Diogenes

Jan 22, 2017
Taking the back from de la riva....

So my instructor has never taught this to us yet but about a week ago I watched someone teaching it on youtube and I'm actually having pretty good sucess with it lol
Instead of thinking about it from De La Riva, think of the leg positioning you are in and you will hit it from everywhere.

M

member 603

I couldn't agree with Diogenes @Diogenes more.... I hit that back take from several different positions.

I try to simplify the mystique of BJJ for our students.... Once you understand the end result, every thing else is just a series of transitions and movement to get you to the end results (and avoiding your own pitfalls). The more you create flow, the more you'll start seeing the opportunities to submit/sweep/escape.... Flip side is, you also have to worry about getting caught too, but that is the beauty of what we do.

SAJ

Posting Machine
Aug 2, 2015
I bought a new gi today. Kingz ultralight, blue color. Only for £70 which is cheap for such a good quality gi.

M

member 603

What are you guys working on right now? What drills are you practicing? What was taught in your last class?

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Gearing up for the IBJJF Atlanta open this weekend. Drilling basics and my A-game, rolling hard.

M

member 603

Nice Doc, I'm doing the BJJ Tour Florida on Feb 25th so I'm in similar mindset

maurice

Posting Machine
Oct 21, 2015
My kids are wrapping up wrestling season and will just do judo once/week in February. Then, they'll start BJJ again in March. Over Spring Break, they want to train at AOJ, having seen videos on youtube.

Unfortunately, they most likely won't return to wrestling next year. The coach is pressuring them to compete at least once/week during folkstyle season, and they're not willing to do that because of American wrestling's natural enemy: basketball. Also, they view wrestling as just another grappling art on par with judo, BJJ, and no-gi sub wrestling, and are happy competing only four or five days/year total.

Darqnezz

Merkin' fools since pre-school
Apr 25, 2015
My new gig has jacked up my schedule. I've only been able to his the mats once or twice a week since Christmas. I might quit this job...lol.

VincentJVera

Lurker
Feb 2, 2017
Check out my take on the rear naked choke..
Nothing but respect. I hope you guys can appreciate this. We tackle other arts on the channel as well :)

Posting Machine
May 14, 2016
Can't believe I broke my shoulder. Been our 6 weeks now since I just let it heal without going to the doctor. Whoops. It happened days after my first jj class LOL

I have an addictive personality. So trust me, once I get going, it'll be non stop

Anyway, my jj coach checked in and I told him how I can still only do 1 or 2 pushuPS before it feels like doing more is going to cause damage. Told him im gonna try to rehab it myself for a couple weeks and if I can't start kicking ass again, I'll finally go to the doctor and have them rebreak it for me and set it right

Here is his respnose