Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I had this black Manhattan once at this fancy restaurant a few years back. Best cocktail I've ever had and I've never been able to duplicate it. I can't find a bottle of averna to save my life.
Just looked, it’s available here. $30-$35 a bottle. I can send you a bottle if the Mounties won’t come arrest me ?

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I don't drink spirits at all. They are no good for me...I stick to beer.
You know, it’s funny for me these days. I can stay way more level on bourbon than I can beer. Don’t get me wrong, if I put a lot of whiskey down I can get fucked up. But just causal drinking I can stay even-Steven on the liquor, but I get lit up quickly on beer. Especially with all these 8-10% fancy beers all over these days....those fuck me up

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
You know, it’s funny for me these days. I can stay way more level on bourbon than I can beer. Don’t get me wrong, if I put a lot of whiskey down I can get fucked up. But just causal drinking I can stay even-Steven on the liquor, but I get lit up quickly on beer. Especially with all these 8-10% fancy beers all over these days....those fuck me up
Yep.

Every time I meet some of my gal's friends they tend to think that I must be a massive alcoholic because I am steadily downing whiskey while they are all getting shitfaced on seltzers and beer but I'm just nice and mellow... Maybe inclined to dance a bit more but that's about it.

She defends my honor and points out that I rarely drink at all anymore and am just an expensive date.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yep.

Every time I meet some of my gal's friends they tend to think that I must be a massive alcoholic because I am steadily downing whiskey while they are all getting shitfaced on seltzers and beer but I'm just nice and mellow... Maybe inclined to dance a bit more but that's about it.

She defends my honor and points out that I rarely drink at all anymore and am just an expensive date.
Hah, pretty much the same experience for me. I do have drinks several days a week, like an after work kind of thing. But I keep it cool most of the time, just a couple of pours and then I get out.

Maybe I’m just getting old and lame, but it’s pretty rare that I actually get drunk or lit up. Having a young kid around kind of fosters that for me too, I just can’t be fucked up all the time. I’d rather be mentally present when at home with the wife/son.

College days me is screaming “you fucking pussy!” right now haha

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Hah, pretty much the same experience for me. I do have drinks several days a week, like an after work kind of thing. But I keep it cool most of the time, just a couple of pours and then I get out.

Maybe I’m just getting old and lame, but it’s pretty rare that I actually get drunk or lit up. Having a young kid around kind of fosters that for me too, I just can’t be fucked up all the time. I’d rather be mentally present when at home with the wife/son.

College days me is screaming “you fucking pussy!” right now haha
I'm screaming you fucking pussy too.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
SuperPig @Willthiswork my wife got me this cookbook. It’s not necessarily using bourbon for every recipe in here, but also food pairings. Knowing where you’re from, you are probably familiar with this style of “southern cooking”. We get some of that in TX, but I think other states have a different style of southern food than we do here. Some good stuff in here, and we’re going to try some things out this week. there are some cocktails and desserts I’d also like to give a shot ?
125B4732-C276-44EC-B88E-FCE4AC303964.jpeg
14164588-0B7E-498F-8790-73D7FE687E82.jpeg

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
SuperPig @Willthiswork my wife got me this cookbook. It’s not necessarily using bourbon for every recipe in here, but also food pairings. Knowing where you’re from, you are probably familiar with this style of “southern cooking”. We get some of that in TX, but I think other states have a different style of southern food than we do here. Some good stuff in here, and we’re going to try some things out this week. there are some cocktails and desserts I’d also like to give a shot ?
View attachment 23888
View attachment 23889
Make sure to share anything that stands out

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
I'm gonna keep the cap on that dirty bastard till an occasion presents itself or I have a really shit day!
I totally understand that. I have a bottle of wild turkey rare breed barrel proof in my cabinet, it works well for that special shitty day!

^^^this is good stuff if you haven’t tried it

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I totally understand that. I have a bottle of wild turkey rare breed barrel proof in my cabinet, it works well for that special shitty day!

^^^this is good stuff if you haven’t tried it
Store down the road has that on sale. Might grab a bottle.