Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Nice. I just saw the orange and bitters, which in mind said “old fashioned”. Woodford is a good one for cocktails ?
Sidecar is really similar to old fashioned. Can use triple sec or cointreau. Chambord is a really nice raspberry liqueur that goes really good with bourbon.
I like having liqueurs around when I don't feel like sipping. If you like to add soda to your whiskey I suggest grabbing some liquers **ahem** BeardOfKnowledge @Thor Georgeos !!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Sidecar is really similar to old fashioned. Can use triple sec or cointreau. Chambord is a really nice raspberry liqueur that goes really good with bourbon.
I like having liqueurs around when I don't feel like sipping. If you like to add soda to your whiskey I suggest grabbing some liquers **ahem** BeardOfKnowledge @Thor Georgeos !!
My cabinet has become light on liqueurs, I should throw a bottle of that orange back in the mix. I think I’d prefer that to triple sec. I think the only liqueur we have on hand is maraschino cherry that my wife uses for Hemingway daiquiris. I should try the Chambord too, that sounds like something my wife could also use for cocktails. She mostly likes gin, but I’d try it with bourbon ?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
But I could spend that liqueur money on bourbon.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My cabinet has become light on liqueurs, I should throw a bottle of that orange back in the mix. I think I’d prefer that to triple sec. I think the only liqueur we have on hand is maraschino cherry that my wife uses for Hemingway daiquiris. I should try the Chambord too, that sounds like something my wife could also use for cocktails. She mostly likes gin, but I’d try it with bourbon ?
Chambord is excellent. Doesn't taste boozy at all. We go to the italian market and get soda syrups. We have a soda stream so we make soft drinks and cocktails with the syrups.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Chambord is excellent. Doesn't taste boozy at all. We go to the italian market and get soda syrups. We have a soda stream so we make soft drinks and cocktails with the syrups.
I’ve been on the brink of buying a soda stream a number of times, but I’ve never pulled the trigger.
I’ll have to pick up a bottle of that, as well as some Averna ?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I’ve been on the brink of buying a soda stream a number of times, but I’ve never pulled the trigger.
I’ll have to pick up a bottle of that, as well as some Averna ?
Sometimes we will go for a bit without using it but other times it's in constant use. Definitely more of a summertime thing, but it eliminates the need for buying soda. Just dont use the soda stream syrups

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Sometimes we will go for a bit without using it but other times it's in constant use. Definitely more of a summertime thing, but it eliminates the need for buying soda. Just dont use the soda stream syrups
Jesus Christ. Stop wasting your money on all this extra junk.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
SuperPig @Willthiswork

I just cracked open my bottle of this to test out. Not too bad! Not quite as hot as the Pure Kentucky, maybe a touch sweeter. Very tasty though. I’ve been enjoying Willett bottles lately, think I must just like these higher rye mash bills ?
64CECCAD-9BEE-48E3-B905-2C273470EADA.jpeg

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Just cracked open the bottle of Bookers. Really not sure what to do with this one. Made an ol' fashioned and all I can taste is straight liquor lol!

I mean it's decent, but ho lee shit is it ever potent. I'll have to spring this on guests.
20201229_170839.jpg

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gonna pick a bottle of larceny tomorrow. I've never tried it and it's on sale. Win win!

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg.jpg

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Apparently at some establishments, they will put your cocktail into the bookers case, fill it with smoke and you get to open it when they serve it to you.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
SuperPig @Willthiswork fuck yo rainbows

There's a bar in Kentucky that makes smoked old fashioned cocktails and they present them in a Booker's case. They put the cocktail in the case, fill the case with smoke, put the glass on it and then bring it out to you. You pull the glass up, the smoke pours out and you remove the cocktail.

Garrisons brows cowboy bourbon comes in a wooden case as well blood oath. There are actual bars that are specifically old fashioned bars. They serve most of their cocktails with your choice of smoke/wood.