Lifestyle Bourbon

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Anybody try legent bourbon?
I see it's on sale and has a decent proof.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Thought Pappy retired. Four? Rose's good bang for your buck. Not too proud ta sip me some Beam, though. Gets me to the right place.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Legent is a Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey partially finished in wine and sherry casks. But it's more than that. It pushes the boundaries for how bourbons can be created while remaining true to the core of bourbon's principles. It's a collaboration between two whiskey legends – Fred Noe & Shinji Fukuyo – and two unique styles of whiskey making.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Legent is a Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey partially finished in wine and sherry casks. But it's more than that. It pushes the boundaries for how bourbons can be created while remaining true to the core of bourbon's principles. It's a collaboration between two whiskey legends – Fred Noe & Shinji Fukuyo – and two unique styles of whiskey making.
is there an age statement on the bottle?

I'm assuming no, but if there is I'm curious how old it is. I'd guess around 4 years, but who knows. It does have good color to it though.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
is there an age statement on the bottle?

I'm assuming no, but if there is I'm curious how old it is. I'd guess around 4 years, but who knows. It does have good color to it though.
Not sure. All I know is Legent is a blend of three Jim Beam bourbons, two which are secondary cask finished. It’s a blend of sherry, red wine, and bourbon barrel finishes.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yeah I read into that before I bought it. Another review said there's a large stigma on blends in the west whereas overseas they're the standard
Yeah, blends have generally not been thought of as being cool or good. But the whiskey game has changed quite a bit over the last decade. "Blend" doesn't have the stigma it used to. Like this Legent, people are trying a lot of new stuff to make interesting whiskey. And sometimes something really good results from experimenting.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yeah, blends have generally not been thought of as being cool or good. But the whiskey game has changed quite a bit over the last decade. "Blend" doesn't have the stigma it used to. Like this Legent, people are trying a lot of new stuff to make interesting whiskey. And sometimes something really good results from experimenting.
It's not a high end bottle by any means, but it's something new and fairly affordable. There's a lot of snobs in the whiskey circles. I'm of the mind of, if you enjoy it then it's a good whiskey. Not every bottle has to be ridiculously priced, or distilled with the tears of innocent Cambodian, child slave laborers!

Can't wait to try it this evening, will report back.

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well....what’s the verdict?

I want to try it now. I’ll have to see if it’s available here.
It was really good. A lot of reviews said it was rather sweet, which I didn't find. Maybe more fruity and warm without the burn, most likely from the sherry cask finish.
Felt a little thin, but i really enjoyed this one. Definitely not like any bourbon I've had before.
Definitely recommend grabbing a bottle.
Recommend a large ice cube or drop of water

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
It was really good. A lot of reviews said it was rather sweet, which I didn't find. Maybe more fruity and warm without the burn, most likely from the sherry cask finish.
Felt a little thin, but i really enjoyed this one. Definitely not like any bourbon I've had before.
Definitely recommend grabbing a bottle.
Recommend a large ice cube or drop of water
Right on, I’m going to see if it’s available in town (which I assume it will be) and will give it a go

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Happy Easter, brothers.

I just stuffed my face with roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, and buttery rolls. Time for an after dinner sip, so cheers to y’all

C0BA5D46-BEA1-430E-BBE0-0546908F3170.jpeg

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Happy Easter, brothers.

I just stuffed my face with roasted chicken, sweet potatoes, and buttery rolls. Time for an after dinner sip, so cheers to y’all

View attachment 32317
Just had friends over for turkey dinner. Tucked back 3/4 a bottle of woodford reserve on old fashioned's.
Wife's trying to act displeased, but I did all the cooking and most the cleaning!

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
That was a full bottle a short few hours ago. Just the 2 of us.

I feel no shame.

View attachment 32335
Good work lol

that’s how my bottles look any time my brother comes over for a drink. He’s literally drank thousands of dollars of my bourbon ??‍♂. If we’re going at it, it isn’t hard at all for the two of us to kill a bottle.

But, he’s my bro so I suppose it’s all good ?

ShatsBassoon

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Good work lol

that’s how my bottles look any time my brother comes over for a drink. He’s literally drank thousands of dollars of my bourbon ??‍♂. If we’re going at it, it isn’t hard at all for the two of us to kill a bottle.

But, he’s my bro so I suppose it’s all good ?
Awesome! This is a good friend of mine and my wife pretends to hate it when we get together. Probably stems from that one Thanksgiving where we went to the pub, first thing in the morning and didn't return home until we had racked up a $400 tab.

He has the same appreciation for consuming whiskey as I!