General Breaking Now- Comey dismissed as FBI director

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Entire 6-page pdf released to the media by the White House:

M

member 3289

It's all a cover-up to get the Russian connections scandal to go away

jasonhightower

"You're not even training are you Frenchy?"
Jan 2, 2017
Damn, Spicer is gonna really be thrown under the bus here. I expect we'll see a headline soon "Sean Spicer found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound," with a note reading "Fuck this shit show."

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Agreed, I heard that by firing one person in the FBI, all FBI agents go away and all current investigations close.
The problem Trump has now is that if his campaign is found innocent by a new head of the FBI many won't accept that verdict because they will believe it to be some sort of quid pro quo or other corruption. Whether he had the right to fire Comey, and regardless what the precedent was here, the optics are terrible and it looks politically motivated.

It's also a strange timing. Why take 3 months?

Last edited:
M

member 3289

Agreed, I heard that by firing one person in the FBI, all FBI agents go away and all current investigations close.
It's not just one person in the FBI, it's the Director you fukn dork.

Why else would Trump wait until now to fire Comey?

He's not doing it out of love and respect for Hillary Clinton

M

member 3289

Damn, Spicer is gonna really be thrown under the bus here. I expect we'll see a headline soon "Sean Spicer found dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound," with a note reading "Fuck this shit show."
Motherfucker is definitely gonna develop a stutter with how often he stumbles for words when trying to answer media questions.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
regardless what the precedent was here, the optics are terrible

No one said otherwise.

But it's okay to state a sure reason without evidence and not okay to point a flaw in that reason?

It's not just one person in the FBI, it's the Director you fukn dork.
I love when you get so flustered.

Why else would Trump wait until now to fire Comey?
Because Comey is taller than him.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
The problem Trump has now is that if his campaign is found innocent by a new head of the FBI many won't accept that verdict because they will believe it to be some sort of quid pro quo or other corruption. Whether he had the right to fire Comey, and regardless what the precedent was here, the optics are terrible and it looks politically motivated.

It's also a strange timing. Why take 3 months?
But I think the trust in the intelligence community has already eroded. I'm sure many are happy withhim gone as Comey himself inflicted a lot of damage to their credibility. It started when they became politicized in their back and forth with Trump, and those bizarre decision that followed. Of course it is politically motivated, everything always is on government, that includes the surpeme court. Make no mistake.

And yes, it is always a bad look when you fire the head of FBI, but it started to look bad for keeping him on as well. he dug his own grave.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Acting director

New FBI acting director considered a respected, Bureau man

McCabe's wife, Jill, ran as a Democrat for Virginia state senate in 2015 but lost. The Wall Street Journal reported in 2016 citing campaign finance records that the political-action committee of Democratic Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe gave nearly $470,000 to her campaign

Still walked a straight line on his work independent of that.
How does this guy being in charge protect Trump? By every account he's in Dem circle and household and completely keeps that separate from work. He's a boyscout.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Days Before Firing, Comey Asked for More Resources for Russia Inquiry
Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in resources for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to four congressional officials, including Senator Richard J. Durbin.

Mr. Comey made his appeal to Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general, who also wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of Mr. Comey this week, the officials said.