Canadians? Who ya got?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
it will be a long time before the details of the TPP are even available to the public.it will be a done deal and we will have to live with it without even knowing what the deal entails.

M

member 1013

Oh "the list"...nice.

With only a few exceptions this list is easily refuted. It's a propaganda list.
Dougie I like you but you are terribly partisan and biased in your politics. It's a little embarrassing.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Dougie I like you but you are terribly partisan and biased in your politics. It's a little embarrassing.
I don't see why you should be embarrassed.

I have no problem not letting others think for me.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I don't see why you should be embarrassed.

I have no problem not letting others think for me.
Umm, I'm pretty sure the definition of a proxy is to let someone else make decisions for you. I'm not saying that to pick on you specifically, but the whole idea of voting in a candidate means you're going to let someone else think for you for the next 4 years.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Umm, I'm pretty sure the definition of a proxy is to let someone else make decisions for you. I'm not saying that to pick on you specifically, but the whole idea of voting in a candidate means you're going to let someone else think for you for the next 4 years.
I know my local guy, and I am happy with the direction he's taking us. I like his party and most of the stuff they do.

I'm not about to jump on this "anybody but" bullsh*t where people lose their minds and let others think for them.

I know that despite the vocal minority, there are a lot of people who feel the same why I do but they get shouted down when they talk about it.

I have no problem speaking up and unlike others here who actually get venomous to anyone outside of their own choice (I think someone said "F*ck Harper and his supporters) I have no problem with people choosing to vote otherwise and respect their decision. However I won't be silent when I disagree.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I know my local guy, and I am happy with the direction he's taking us. I like his party and most of the stuff they do.

I'm not about to jump on this "anybody but" bullsh*t where people lose their minds and let others think for them.

I know that despite the vocal minority, there are a lot of people who feel the same why I do but they get shouted down when they talk about it.

I have no problem speaking up and unlike others here who actually get venomous to anyone outside of their own choice (I think someone said "F*ck Harper and his supporters) I have no problem with people choosing to vote otherwise and respect their decision. However I won't be silent when I disagree.
That's completely fair, and why I said I wasn't attempting to center you out. My point simply is that once the results are announced, that person can do whatever they want to with the authority they've been given. Like it or not, whoever wins is thinking for you for the next 4 years. Unless it's a Liberal minority, then I expect to be at the polls again inside 18 months, which is complete fucking bullshit.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
That's completely fair, and why I said I wasn't attempting to center you out. My point simply is that once the results are announced, that person can do whatever they want to with the authority they've been given. Like it or not, whoever wins is thinking for you for the next 4 years. Unless it's a Liberal minority, then I expect to be at the polls again inside 18 months, which is complete fucking bullshit.
I would rather protest my gov't on solid financial ground than screaming at them as we fall off the cliff. No matter what, we all have the option to protest even after the gov't is elected.

I too am iffy on these minority gov'ts. In theory they should work better because it would mean that all parties have to work together to get things done. Sadly the politics of the gov't often end up screwing us and we end up voting again and paying the cost of having to do so.

I'd like to see term limits enacted with percentages of pensions paid out for those who do not complete the full term and only when they reach retirement age.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I would rather protest my gov't on solid financial ground than screaming at them as we fall off the cliff. No matter what, we all have the option to protest even after the gov't is elected.

I too am iffy on these minority gov'ts. In theory they should work better because it would mean that all parties have to work together to get things done. Sadly the politics of the gov't often end up screwing us and we end up voting again and paying the cost of having to do so.

I'd like to see term limits enacted with percentages of pensions paid out for those who do not complete the full term and only when they reach retirement age.
The last 2 paragraphs I agree with 100%.

I personally like a minority government because it means that shit won't go through unless it's good for everyone, but instead it turns into a few months of making everyone else looks bad, then when the polls say so we'll hit them with a non-confidence vote to try to claw back into power. I also think it should be 2 term limits.

It really is quite the house of cards we're living in.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Exactly. In a minority I want to slap the politicians in the face and say "Start working in the best interests of Canadians!"

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
To add to my earlier thought about minority governments, I have no idea why it's so easy for people to be sold on the idea that governments need to do things they're supposed to serve their citizens, not push personal agendas.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Exactly. In a minority I want to slap the politicians in the face and say "Start working in the best interests of Canadians!"
Don't forget how Harper got his majority in the first place there Dougie boy, lol.

In all seriousness I'd also like to see a rule that if a leader doesn't win, he has to step down. I've noticed sharp platform changes enacted after narrow losses and it's made for murky elections.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Don't forget how Harper got his majority in the first place there Dougie boy, lol.
Not disagreeing. The Majority came because he called an election and people were tired of the other parties not wanting to work with him and thinking they could push more of their agenda then they should have.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not disagreeing. The Majority came because he called an election and people were tired of the other parties not wanting to work with him and thinking they could push more of their agenda then they should have.
If memory serves, his minority came because he and Jack Leyton sand bagged the Paul Martin Liberal minority. I seem to remember voting a lot more than someone my age should.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
t-minus 1 day..

it would be trippy if everyone wore their prom outfits to vote.

and they have a little disco ball over the voter stations with some mellow music to get everyone in the mood to vote while waiting.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Great points by Ed haha. The Conservative attack ads were pretty sickening to anyone with half a brain. It's fine to attack your competition, but don't take things out of context and lie to the public. All that time they spent trying to convince people that he was a brainless pretty boy who would drive the Canadian economy into ruin was a complete waste, if the polls are any indication. Maybe they should have spent those resources better promoting their own strengths.

Apr 3, 2015
today is the day. and if you are voting conservative then you are my enemy. not only my enemy, but the enemy of Canada and the things that once made us great!

I honestly want to kick the ever loving shit out of every conservative supporter. I dont care who you are, if you vote conservative you deserve to have your life revoked.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
get out and vote today people.if no one shows up.it guarentees a conservative victory.all the seniors have already casted their votes early.not enough time/had to work is not a valid excuse to not vote either.your boss must provide a 3 hour window to allow people to cast their votes

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Where an employee’s hours of work prevent him or her from having the 3 consecutive voting hours required by the Act, the employer “shall allow the time for voting that is necessary to provide those three consecutive hours”. The time off is paid.Where an employee has 3 consecutive hours that fall within the voting hours, but fall outside of his or her work hours, there is no obligation to provide paid time off from work.

Apr 3, 2015
I just got back from voting. my polling station opened at 7am. we were there at 7:05 smelling like otto's jacket. the line up to get in was crazy. unfotunately I live in an area that the AVERAGE age is 58 years old, so that means heavy conservative voters....fuckers.

voted Liberal, obviously.

I think there will be a HUGE turn out this time around, and that spells doom for Harper. almost every native chief in canada has been instructing his reserve to vote liberal due to Harper's treatment of them. thats a lot of votes that no one is talking about.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Going to vote in a few hours. Bump for the other Canadians on this forum to remember.

Hopefully Justin Trudeau is the next Prime Minister by the end of today.