Society Car plows into antifa during white nationalist protest of statue being removed

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
this is a fascinating map, cheers for sharing bro
Not that there is anything good on there as it's all quite sad to me... I do find a little bit of solace in the fact that the hatred is spread over the entire nation and not just confined to the South as media and stereotypes would have someone believe.

Team Bisping

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
That's one of the arguments for many controversies here, including the civil war era statues and various religious landmarks.

I'm inclined to lean towards preserving statues that have that historic value. But each case probably deserves an individual look.

Throughout the country there is a trend of removing confederate names from schools, parks, statues, etc. Removing hate vs white washing history (no pun meant again) vs reactionary social engineering...and more. The KKK obviously wants it all up to support their brand. And this all gives them a lightning rod to get attention they would never have.

I kind of wonder if we couldn't just move some of the statues, put other various historical statues together, etc. Some sort of tour of reverence of confederate actions and what went wrong, warts and all. Some of these guys were black hating assholes. Others owned slaves but I'm not prepared to say we must remove every slave owner from public display. Rather, I wish we could find a way to pay respect to the history and offer a solemn lesson to it. As BeardOfKnowledge @ConorMcGregorsBeard says, why did that statue go up? Probably not for their black hating ways. And maybe the reason would help show how it all went wrong?

I get why people are angry a park is named an infamous name. And parks and statues don't really matter in the end. But what an opportunity I think there could have without giving a platform for the KKK and others to get a voice.
nicely put, similar to how i've visited auschwitz and german WW2 bunkers / hospital in Jersey, as a kid at school it was fascinating experience, and learnt far more about the atrocities committed etc from those visits than any class i took.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Can really understand this

Hate is always hate. No matter who you are it's hate.
My issue is that people (like the above quoted poster) are using it to frame his own personal agenda as if only the other side hates enough to do something like what happened today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Charlottesville: man charged with murder after car rams counter-protesters at far-right event

Based on hair cut and antifa targets, and dress style, looks like one of Spencer's boys.

Call it right wing terrorism, effectively ending the politicization of this topic, and start disrupting the youth supply chain that is feeding this. Anything heavy handed will just empower these groups like the early 90's all over again. They feed in the darkness.

Oct 24, 2015
My issue is that people (like the above quoted poster) are using it to frame his own personal agenda as if only the other side hates enough to do something like what happened today.
Everone has an opinion, if we choose to listen or ignore is on us. I personally dont care for left or right, gays or striaght. Me and mine is what matters( daughters, wife, family) those people have no bearing of who I am. Respect is alway had, only thing that can happen is it's lost. Some old man told me that once and always stayed with me. (Not that i followed such advice early on) Damn I need to smoke. Brb.
Sorry mom.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
sick fuck, i fucking hate reading this kind of shit doesn't matter which side did what, why the fuck can we just get along.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Bull shit. That was the news update I heard when reading the thread.

How in anyway was my statement bias or meant to influence?

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
I don't remember you caring about naming Hodgkinson's political affiliations or being concerned with his acts being labeled as a terrorist attack.
Are you taking detailed notes on what conversations I am and am not involved in? Some days I am online yapping, others days I am not.

Why are you so offended by the fact I mentioned the attackers age and political affiliation?

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Are you taking detailed notes on what conversations
Detailed, no. But I vaguely remember threads about major events.

Why are you so offended by the fact I mentioned the attackers age and political affiliation?
I've already stated that clear as day. You took the time to rainbow it, so I'm not sure why you're pretending it's ambiguous.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016
Detailed, no. But I vaguely remember threads about major events.

I've already stated that clear as day. You took the time to rainbow it, so I'm not sure why you're pretending it's ambiguous.

Would you have been offended if he was a 20 year old registered Democrat? I am still confused.

Freeloading Rusty

Jan 11, 2016