General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
yes, she was. She was ineligible under the same rules that say she's ineligible for benefits based on that lack of testing eligibility.

That's being refused a test.
False. In March you were allowed a test if you exhibited symptoms.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
False. In March you were allowed a test if you exhibited symptoms.
she was asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic in March, based on when her husband got it.
she didn't start exhibiting debilitating symptoms until June, by which time she was confined to her bed at home for 7 weeks.

did you actually read the story before you posted it?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
she was asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic in March, she didn't start exhibiting debilitating symptoms until June, by which time she was confined to her bed at home for 7 weeks.

How do we even know she had it? She sounds like a malingerer to me.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
How do we even know she had it? She sounds like a malingerer to me.
it's circumstantial, but the only counter to her claim is a personal attack on her and her doctors.
sounds like the insurance company didn't want to pay for the testing, and now they don't want to pay for the consequences of that policy.
sure doesn't seem like the insurance company is blameless in creating this circumstance.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
she was asymptomatic/mildly symptomatic in March, based on when her husband got it.
she didn't start exhibiting debilitating symptoms until June, by which time she was confined to her bed at home for 7 weeks.

In March people with symptoms, people exposed to people who had positive tests, or people who had traveled to a variety of different locales were told to get tests.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It's not a personal attack to point out that someone didn't follow public health guidelines.
you're assuming that someone didn't follow the public health guidelines based on single-source reporting

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
did her husband have a positive test?
I don't believe so, no.

So her claim is "My husband got it, and I got it from him, but neither of us got a test. Well, I did get a test, but it was negative, but I know I had it because months later I have some health concerns. Therefore "long hauler".

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I don't believe so, no.

So her claim is "My husband got it, and I got it from him, but neither of us got a test. Well, I did get a test, but it was negative, but I know I had it because months later I have some health concerns. Therefore "long hauler".

you don't believe so, or you KNOW so?

you don't believe she followed protocol, or you KNOW she didn't follow protocol?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
you don't believe so, or you KNOW so?

you don't believe she followed protocol, or you KNOW she didn't follow protocol?
She claims to have no gotten a test. If her or her husband had symptoms and did not get tests, they were breaking public health guidelines.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
She claims to have no gotten a test. If her or her husband had symptoms and did not get tests, they were breaking public health guidelines.
what if she got a test when she started to experience debilitating symptoms?
she would be following protocol and unable to generate a positive test.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
so you haven't actually read protocol, you just know what the Person In Official Hat told you was the protocol.
Here ya go:

You can get a COVID-19covid 19 test at an assessment centre or participating community lab if any of the following apply to you:

• Symptoms and exposure
    • currently experiencing COVID-19covid 19 symptoms
    • have been exposed to a COVID-19covid 19-positive person (if you know when you were exposed, get tested 5 days after your last exposure and stay in self-isolation. If you do not know when you were exposed, get tested right away)
    • received a COVID Alert app exposure notification
    • a resident or worker in a setting that has a COVID-19covid 19 outbreak, as identified by your local public health unit

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
so which of those do you know she violated?
Either 1 or 2, maybe both. If her husband got covid she should have been tested. If either of them had symptoms they should have both been tested. If memory serves her claim is that when she first had symptoms she didn't get tested and when she went and she went and got tested it was negative. That being said, I don't recall a mention of a positive test for either of them just that "they know they had covid".