General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

Oh but don't worry, DeSantis is busy fighting the mask mandate issued by the Broward County School Board

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Oh but don't worry, DeSantis is busy fighting the mask mandate issued by the Broward County School Board

Texas Governor banned cities, counties, or school districts from issuing any mask mandates.
The irony of Abbot making his stand "against washington tyranny" and then meddling in local decisions of the state is apparently lost on his supporters.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
No governmental entity, including a county, city, school district, and public health authority, and no governmental official may require any person to wear a face covering or to mandate that another person wear a face covering," according to the order.

However, there is provision for when masks may be required using "appropriate policies" in state-supported living centers, government-owned hospitals, and state criminal justice buildings.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
1627679879738.png

There is no excuse for a double standard when tracking positive cases between the two groups.
That is not how you test safety, efficacy, etc...That is how you skew data

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Splinty @Splinty
Maybe you’ve answered before
But is there another vaccine that we widely use that people who get vaccinated still get the disease? Looks like 15-20% on chicken pox but I can’t find any others

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty
Maybe you’ve answered before
But is there another vaccine that we widely use that people who get vaccinated still get the disease? Looks like 15-20% on chicken pox but I can’t find any others
Quite the contrary. I don't know of a 100% vaccine.
There are breakthrough cases for everything I can think of off the top of my head.
94-95% for Measles (we have data on this in modern times with outbreaks) which is on par with protection offered to the original variant of COVID that we have.
Flu shots regularly have breakthrough cases.

You don't need a 100% vaccine to be an effective tool against a pathogen.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Also if a vaccine in 90% effective it does not mean that 1000 out of 10,000 vaccinated patients will get sick.

It's a relative risk indicator in which if you had 1000 out of 10,000 get sick, you would expect 100 to be vaccinated and 900 to be unvaccinated.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Quite the contrary. I don't know of a 100% vaccine.
There are breakthrough cases for everything I can think of off the top of my head.
94-95% for Measles (we have data on this in modern times with outbreaks) which is on par with protection offered to the original variant of COVID that we have.
Flu shots regularly have breakthrough cases.

You don't need a 100% vaccine to be an effective tool against a pathogen.
Good to know I guess
Just losing last bit of faith I had in anyone/anything. Just got call my 94 year old fully vaccinated grandma is on way to hospital for chest X-rays due to covid symptoms.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Looks like he was pushing (blowing) that smoke out and still look how close you would have to be to be in the line of fire.

Consider dispersment and the characteristics/actions of the particles where they would normally come into contact with you (at a reasonable distance).

Some smoke particles can be as small as the virus. But remember, the virus travels in or on other particles (droplets, aerosols).

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Just losing last bit of faith I had in anyone/anything

Going from an A+ to a B+ doesn't mean you failed. I too look forward to being done with all of this. It destroys my day to day job. Workflow sucks. It's exhausting watching patients die to boot.
There is a lot of noise and exhaustion and just wanting to say "fuck it". That isn't the fault of a decent but imperfect tool. It's what occurs in the reality of a highly transmissible pathogen.

Just got call my 94 year old fully vaccinated grandma is on way to hospital for chest X-rays due to covid symptoms.

I hope she's not got covid. And while it's of little consolation, if she does have it, her vaccinated status makes her statistically less likely to be hospitalized or die from it.

Imperfect tool. But not completely ineffective.

Nov 21, 2015
Not even surprised

They have flip flopped a thousand fucking times now on every single issue with this virus

It is painfully OBVIOUS these mutherfuckers don't have a single fucking clue what the fuck
they created, how it affects/kills people nor how to contain, nor fucking vaccinate against it.

I sincerely hope that every government official, corporate executive, pharmaceutical
employee and researcher involved in creating this shit gets ass raped and contracts a
hybrid form of aids and cancer in their colon

Last edited:

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Not even surprised

They have flip flopped a thousand fucking times now on every single issue with this virus

It is painfully OBVIOUS these mutherfuckers don't have a single fucking clue what the fuck
they created, how it affects/kills people nor how to contain, nor fucking vaccinate against it.

I sincerely hope that every government official, corporate executive, pharmaceutical
employee and researcher involved in creating this shit gets ass raped and contracts a
hybrid form of aids and cancer in their colon
It's treated with Hydroxychloriquine & a z-pack.
Or Ivermectin & doxycycline & zinc.
Or Vitamin D to cut cases in half.
Or mononucleatides(sp?)
Or telling all the fat 70+ 6-10 underlying condition people to eat healthy greens for 6 mos. & lose their underlying conditions.
It's treated a hundred different ways.

But as we SHOULD all know by now, it has absolutely nothing to do with health.
0.0000000% health factor.
Zero, zip, nada.

M

member 3289

Disney requires all non-union U.S. employees to get COVID-19 vaccinations

AUSTIN FULLER, KATIE RICE
July 30 at 6:14 PM ET

The Walt Disney Co., Central Florida’s largest employer, is requiring all of its non-union hourly and salaried employees across the U.S. to get the coronavirus vaccine.

Staffers who work on-site will have 60 days from Friday to complete getting vaccinated, and those who work from home will need to provide verification of vaccination before returning to work with certain limited exceptions, an unsigned statement released by the company on Friday said. New hires will need to be fully vaccinated before starting.

“Vaccines are the best tool we all have to help control this global pandemic and protect our employees,” the statement reads.

Disney also has started conversations with unions that represent employees under collective bargaining agreements.

Disney has told the union that represents 9,000 attractions and custodial workers at Walt Disney World that the company would like to bargain about mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, said Unite Here Local 362 president Eric Clinton.

The union’s members have been surveyed, and there is support for everyone getting inoculated, Clinton said.

“The only way that workers can protect themselves at work is by getting vaccinated,” he said.

He added there are some people who can’t be vaccinated because of medical or religious reasons.

“We’ll have to work through the details of how those cast members are accommodated,” Clinton said.

Disney, which has more than 60,000 employees in Central Florida, is joining a growing list of major companies mandating COVID-19 vaccinations. Others include Google, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lyft and Uber, according to a report from CNN.

Dennis Speigel, founder and CEO of Cincinnati-based International Theme Park Services, said the vaccination requirement for Disney employees is a positive change for the theme park industry and could soon become standard at other major parks and attractions in Orlando and nationwide.

“I’ve talked to some people in the industry, and we all feel it’s a good move,” he said. “… It’s going to spread through the entire industry.”

The mandate will likely not cost the resort visitors, employees or potential employees, Speigel said. Though Disney may see some employee pushback to the vaccination requirement, just as some employees and visitors were unhappy with the initial phase of mask mandates, Speigel said most will be quick to adjust to the change if they are not vaccinated already.

“I think for the most part, the kind of people that work and come to our park, I think they’re vaccinated people,” he added.

Depending on the spread of the delta variant, theme parks could see other features from earlier stages of the pandemic return, like social distancing markers and a redoubled focus on sanitization and disinfecting, Speigel said.

“The theme park industry handled the issues that were put in front of them last year as well, if not better, than any industry out there. They were fantastic in terms of adhering to, implementing, creating and instituting policies for both the employees and for the guests. And I think we learned a tremendous amount in 2020, and we carry that forward, so that’s only going to continue to get better,” he said.

Earlier this week, Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings declared a state of emergency in the county because of the soaring cases of the virus and urged businesses to step up efforts to fight the pandemic.

“I am pleased that the Walt Disney Company, as well as other private and public sector entities, are choosing to make the health, safety, and welfare of their employees and guests a top priority,” Demings said in a statement Friday night.

Disney said in April that employees who are fully vaccinated by Sept. 30 would be eligible for a one-time payment equal to four hours of pay.

“I would say Disney has done a great job so far on their vaccination efforts,” Clinton said. “They offer them at the worksite. They have a mobile unit that goes around the property.”

Also on Friday, Walt Disney World started again requiring employees and guests 2 and older to wear masks while indoors and on resort transportation, regardless of vaccination status.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Good to know I guess
Just losing last bit of faith I had in anyone/anything.
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's the blatant gaslighting and constant mixed messaging. The situation is fluid, I'm very empathetic to that. But when you make a mistake say "Okay, so we were wrong. We thought this, but it's actually this. Of course we will continue to reassess." Instead we get "The science says this." the following week "The science says the opposite thing now." and if someone dares to ask if it's understandable that the public is a little confused we're told "No, the public is just stupid." and if you even consider asking "Well, are you sure you're right this time?" Well, then you're a stupid moron, science denying, anti-vaxxer, racist, child abuser. It's lunacy.

Just got call my 94 year old fully vaccinated grandma is on way to hospital for chest X-rays due to covid symptoms.
That fucking sucks man. It might be small consolation, but know the Beard family is thinking of you folks right now.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it's the blatant gaslighting and constant mixed messaging. The situation is fluid, I'm very empathetic to that. But when you make a mistake say "Okay, so we were wrong. We thought this, but it's actually this. Of course we will continue to reassess." Instead we get "The science says this." the following week "The science says the opposite thing now." and if someone dares to ask if it's understandable that the public is a little confused we're told "No, the public is just stupid." and if you even consider asking "Well, are you sure you're right this time?" Well, then you're a stupid moron, science denying, anti-vaxxer, racist, child abuser. It's lunacy.

That fucking sucks man. It might be small consolation, but know the Beard family is thinking of you folks right now.
I’m right there with you, man.

I’ve done everything that’s been asked so far. They keep moving the goalposts and constantly flip flop. I honestly can’t deal with it anymore.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
So, when we'd book our vaccines here a second appointment was automatically generated for 4 months after your first. In an attempt to force people into taking earlier vaccines anyone who hasn't moved their appointment up on their own is having the 2nd appointment cancelled and being told to rebook ASAP. So now there's presumably a bunch of people with one dose and no second appointment.

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
So, when we'd book our vaccines here a second appointment was automatically generated for 4 months weeks after your first. In an attempt to force people into taking earlier vaccines anyone who hasn't moved their appointment up on their own is having the 2nd appointment cancelled and being told to rebook ASAP. So now there's presumably a bunch of people with one dose and no second appointment.
Fixed that one. Sorry. I’m a couple beers deep, and I wanted some attention.