General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i'm not saying the vaccine isn't appropriate for certain risk profiles, but the notion that it should be mandated for pre-pubescent kids is just insanity.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i'm not saying the vaccine isn't appropriate for certain risk profiles, but the notion that it should be mandated for pre-pubescent kids is just insanity.
The notion it should be mandated for anyone is just insanity.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
The notion it should be mandated for anyone is just insanity.
Just out of curiosity, under what circumstances would you support a vaccine mandate? I hear this kind of... reasoning... a lot and I am curious. Start with the absurd and we can work back- let's say there was an uncontained outbreak of weaponized Chinese Avian Flu or something- 70% fatality rate- would you support mandatory vaccines?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Just out of curiosity, under what circumstances would you support a vaccine mandate? I hear this kind of... reasoning... a lot and I am curious. Start with the absurd and we can work back- let's say there was an uncontained outbreak of weaponized Chinese Avian Flu or something- 70% fatality rate- would you support mandatory vaccines?
Such an extreme hypothetical...we are talking about a small fraction of a single percent right now, I can't compare them in good faith.

The efficacy alone isn't proving to be remotely worth it.

70% would be some crazy shit and you know the media and science would downplay it because shit would be fucked with/or without treatments or extremely short lived vaccination protections.

So the answer is No, I don't see myself supporting such a thing.

If I saw some real shit coming down the pipe I may change my mind, but this my friend most certainly isn't even remotely worth sacrificing freedom and real world real time health over.

Liberties are priority #1

Last edited:

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Such an extreme hypothetical...we are talking about a small fraction of a single percent right now, I can't compare them in good faith.

The efficacy alone isn't proving to be remotely worth it.

70% would be some crazy shit and you know the media and science would downplay it because shit would be fucked with/or without treatments or extremely short lived vaccination protections.

So the answer is No, I don't see myself supporting such a thing.

If I saw some real shit coming down the pipe I may change my mind, but this my friend most certainly isn't even remotely worth sacrificing freedom and real world real time health over.

Liberties are priority #1
I understand your argument, but I'd like to boil this down for the sake of expediency:

You wouldn't support mandating an effective vaccine in a case of 70% fatal epidemic? 7/10 of every person you know who contracts this disease will die.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I understand your argument, but I'd like to boil this down for the sake of expediency:

You wouldn't support mandating an effective vaccine in a case of 70% fatal epidemic? 7/10 of every person you know who contracts this disease will die.
If I even see 1 of 10 people dropping off, I am isolating and/or heading for the freaking hills.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
I'm genuinely curious to hear this point of view- a lot of people feel the way he feels, so it's not an uncommon position, and I don't get it at all.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
would mandates be necessary?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I'm genuinely curious to hear this point of view- a lot of people feel the way he feels, so it's not an uncommon position, and I don't get it at all.
A lot of people don't think the risk/reward is even close to worth it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
i'm fully vaxxed/boosted, and I (think I)understand where he's coming from, to a certain extent.

the thing is, the risk the world presents to me and the risk I present to the world aren't the same - and they're not the same for each person.

so if someone is in a position to manage their risk, such that the risk to themselves and society is lower than other communicable/deadly diseases, then the vaccine is an unnecessary risk to their health and does benefit society in a meaningful way.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
i'm fully vaxxed/boosted, and I (think I)understand where he's coming from, to a certain extent.

the thing is, the risk the world presents to me and the risk I present to the world aren't the same - and they're not the same for each person.

so if someone is in a position to manage their risk, such that the risk to themselves and society is lower than other communicable/deadly diseases, then the vaccine is an unnecessary risk to their health and does benefit society in a meaningful way.
Constant fear of a virus can be a greater threat to a community than a virus itself.
If you don't get hooked on anecdotal accounts then your risk level and even your communities risk level is extremely low.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
If I might...

The idea of freedom spans every single decision. With it comes autonomy and an understanding of harmony, mutually assured destruction, and every other form of cause & effect.

There are variable missing from this hypothetical, eg: is the 70% IFR disease coming from the same manufacturer as the vaccine?
Is the vaccine safe & effective through over a decade of double-blind randomized control studies and a gauntlet of circumstances?
Is ANYONE exempt?
Did it "happen" as advertised?
Did the disease coincidentally ccause a power/wealth shift?
Is truth being deleted & people canceled?
Manufacturers given total indemnification with military and sovereign land as collateral?

I cannot think of a sane reason to force-inject anyone, that is ultimate evil, it is rape at least.
If something is that bad in a truthful society, you run away.
And if you choose to be injected with a mystery solution by trust, that should mean you're safe anyway.
If it turns out you're not...

View: https://youtu.be/rQ6N-sb7SVQ

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
would mandates be necessary?
I want to take this opportunity to point out that the individual rationalizing vaccine mandates is the same person who on this page is discussing his progressively worse saddle effects to each vaccine he receives.

That is insanity.