General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
You about to book a flight now? Airports and planes are filthy dirty. Sometimes I worry about washing my hands if I have a wee in an airport or plane because I think sometimes touching the taps etc will make me more germy.

Airports and planes are gross. I fly a lot long distance and when I fly 24 hours with 2 planes and a train and a car I just want to eat and go to bed, but what I really should be doing is stripping off, getting in a bath for 20 minutes and then going to bed.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Man I hope so, and I hope they get it to market ASAP.
would be nice

it is 5 cents a pill or something like that

I am sure some here have taken it before

We live in the age of information wars so who knows what is up and what is down, what is legit and what is reliable.

That goes for nearly every post in this thread IMO.

would be nice

We live in the age of information wars so who knows what is up and what is down, what is legit and what is reliable.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
would be nice

I do trust what Splinty is telling us.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You about to book a flight now? Airports and planes are filthy dirty. Sometimes I worry about washing my hands if I have a wee in an airport or plane because I think sometimes touching the taps etc will make me more germy.

Airports and planes are gross. I fly a lot long distance and when I fly 24 hours with 2 planes and a train and a car I just want to eat and go to bed, but what I really should be doing is stripping off, getting in a bath for 20 minutes and then going to bed.
I have over 7 grand in flights booked in December

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
So internet purchases are going to skyrocket, right?
That's going to sink taxable revenue in many states as purchases more out of local settings.
sparkuri @sparkuri is this the time to fix the ease of hiding online sales tax? Or is that the globalist takeover plan?
I don't think those two things are mutually exclusive. :)

I think the financial system should die by the sword it wielded.
Back to the gold standard.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

I think Atto @Atto posted a reference to this drug 2 weeks ago and it was early case reports from China or somewhere with good data from real docs. It's not a proper study but it IS a very promising early trial that is being used right now by actual doctors to treat the illness.

I have not seen any data that it can be a prophylactic mediation to prevent ahead of time, but maybe.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Splinty is still learning as we all are.

I do trust he is giving us his honest opinion and experience on the subject.

On some topics he has great insight from his experience and education/big brain, and on some I think he has a bit to learn...Absolutely has my respect and my ear though, need dudes like him in the world.

Mind you I am a constant skeptic by nature.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty is still learning as we all are.
I have one niche subject I know a little more than a little about. That's all I intend to be here. I have no idea about the great majority of public health moves that should happen or can happen or what government/people do.

I am sitting in a really interesting position between government and military and a lot of professional organisations so I have fast access to collated data. But that's it. I just am getting it fast, but that isn't a real skill.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I think Atto @Atto posted a reference to this drug 2 weeks ago and it was early case reports from China or somewhere with good data from real docs. It's not a proper study but it IS a very promising early trial that is being used right now by actual doctors to treat the illness.

I have not seen any data that it can be a prophylactic mediation to prevent ahead of time, but maybe.
HUGE! New Study Reveals Taking Chloroquine Fights Off COVID-19 in 6 Days and Works as Preventative for Coronavirus Infection

I think this the link.
not sure if it has audio

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I have one niche subject I know a little more than a little about. That's all I intend to be here. I have no idea about the great majority of public health moves that should happen or can happen or what government/people do.

I am sitting in a really interesting position between government and military and a lot of professional organisations so I have fast access to collated data. But that's it. I just am getting it fast, but that isn't a real skill.
So you're a hack?

;)

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Going to rest. Been spamming this thread too long today.

Here's the med referenced. It was used in SARS in the past, another coronavirus. Has data now. Strong enough that if you are dying and I dunno what to do with you with COVID19, I would absolutely trial it.
Chloroquine is a potent inhibitor of SARS coronavirus infection and spread

Yeah that's the same google doc that's been going around:
An Effective Treatment for Coronavirus (COVID-19)_

So same thing. They are over promoting it. It's promising but the front line chinese have been using it for months. Hopefully it pans out and we could all take anti-malarial drugs (you need to know about something called G6PD to do this safely) to rapidly slow the spread.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I wasn't speaking about medical stuff FYI.
Very nice to have a doctor willing to give his opinion and show some data.
I do realize your position is somewhat unique, I know another military/civilian Dr. that I converse with.

We all have a very particular set of skills.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
just read that the state of New York has administered a total of 3k tests.

that's a state of 19.5M, and 64% live in New York Metro