General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Formerly 'Inside Job'
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I wear a surgical mask at all times. If entering a positive or possible covid patient's room I wear a n95, goggles, 2 pair of gloves, and a gown. You remove gown and first set of gloves in ante room. Remove googles and mask , then wash hands and put on a new surgical mask after exiting. You learn quick to bundle and organize your tasks to go the least number of times and least amount of time in the room.

The longest I've had to stay at bedside dressed out at one time is just under 2 hours. That was in the ICU though. It usually is a 5 min visit on regular floor.
thanks for the detailed explanation
Sounds like a lot
Sounds like you have eyes covered by goggles so essentially you have eye protection in a different form than a faceshield

One of my ladies jobs is dentistry related so lot of mouth spraying going on.
and of course they have no idea if anybody is carrying any of our various contagious viruses

Does your face get beat up/marked up from the 95? Some of my gal's co workers faces don't fit right and they get pain and marks from them.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
thanks for the detailed explanation
Sounds like a lot
Sounds like you have eyes covered by goggles so essentially you have eye protection in a different form than a faceshield

One of my ladies jobs is dentistry related so lot of mouth spraying going on.
and of course they have no idea if anybody is carrying any of our various contagious viruses

Does your face get beat up/marked up from the 95? Some of my gal's co workers faces don't fit right and they get pain and marks from them.
For what it's worth The CDC says a surgical mask and a face shield is sufficient.

Yes, my face was pretty beat up. The day I had to stay 2 hours and go in every other few minutes (it seemed like), I had a few busted blood vessels under my skin.

But I got so used to it I almost felt naked going in without it after a few weeks. Lol

Rambo John J

Formerly 'Inside Job'
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Rambo John J @Inside Job

I would feel relatively safe in a surgical mask and face shield in ordinary circumstances. Does your wife work directly with known positives?
no, they just temp check and ask the symptom questions...then patient wears a mask until they get in the chair to get mouth worked on

this state for the most part only tests if you have symptoms in the hospital and in total we have had less than 4K positive tests(some without symptoms) of over 4 million...So we have only had 1/1000th of our pop test positive and 99% of our very few deaths were people who had limited time left due to pre existing conditions

So finding a positive case here is very rare

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
no, they just temp check and ask the symptom questions...then patient wears a mask until they get in the chair to get mouth worked on

this state for the most part only tests if you have symptoms in the hospital and in total we have had less than 4K positive tests(some without symptoms) of over 4 million...So we have only had 1/1000th of our pop test positive and 99% of our very few deaths were people who had limited time left due to pre existing conditions

So finding a positive case here is very rare
Any in your city/area?

Bless her. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Rambo John J

Formerly 'Inside Job'
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Any in your city/area?

Bless her. I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Very few in this area/county...single digits at most

She is fine, just wants to help people...she has three jobs all in medical and health
She is very excited to return to work/normal, back to full time in two of her jobs this week.

I work alone and just run heavy equipment and power tools all day, so the only person I contact daily is her.

Thank you for your kind words, you are also in my thoughts and prayers
Stay positive in spirit my friend, stay strong

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I didn't hit send or complete the booking but I went through the process of booking in for a restaurant in Napa an hour and a half away which I won't go to because too far. It was nice using the app to do it. I am gagging to go out for a glass of wine and someone cooking for us.

This Pothead

The more I smoke the smaller the phillie gets
Oct 24, 2015
Well we got a death at my work now. Dude was in his early 50s. Cool cat. Would see me smoking when I stayed overtime on bshift and would say nothing. People are coming back to work sick as the company won't pay them. Funny because I thought we payed into the insurance for that. Couple of people I know caught it twice. Taking the day off. These fat fucks can go a day without a hamburger.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Well we got a death at my work now. Dude was in his early 50s. Cool cat. Would see me smoking when I stayed overtime on bshift and would say nothing. People are coming back to work sick as the company won't pay them. Funny because I thought we payed into the insurance for that. Couple of people I know caught it twice. Taking the day off. These fat fucks can go a day without a hamburger.
Lol but sorry as well. Heartfelt sorry.
I used to work for a Chinese company here which was pretty much a village, they just started building another giganting offic in the village...can't imagine that's going well now :(

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
So someone posted both of these together? (I refuse to believe a surgeon posted that wearing masks causes hypercapnia.)

These are basically saying that a specialized (N95) mask can't stop the corona from passing through but can stop CO2. CO2 is a gas. It would take thousands of them to make the size of a covid virus particle.
People will try to find dirt on the evil masks, an attempt, to somehow demonize them, for whatever reason I can't think of.

MMAHAWK

@MMAHAWK21 Coast 2 Coast Combat Hour @COMBATHOUR
Feb 5, 2015
San Diego County has opened up bars and restaurants with guidelines.
Im returning to work full time on the 27th For the school district.
figured if the states gonna bring me back to work Im gonna get out a bit.
just bought a new camping tent and im meeting my friends at a local lake next weekend for an adults only camping trip.

Saloth Sar

Let's take a little trip to the countryside
Dec 1, 2015
Congratulations on your impending one hundred thousandth official coronavirus death (likely actual deaths being about 150,000), America. You must be very proud.

USA! USA! USA!