General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
Utah That's one of the youngest populations in the country. It's a young non-drinking non-smoking healthy population. overall more affluent than much of the other country with lots of healthcare access. They also tested a lot and therefore intervened on cases earlier than places that wait until only the sickest arrive already on the downhill.
Their testing rate is only a bit above the US rate and is lower than Victoria's.

But you are probably right that health and age explains it. We have had mass outbreaks at aged care facilities, but I assumed Utah would have those as well considering overall having a much higher amount of cases.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
how healthy, wealthy, and white are those populations?

don't forget, you have to come up with an explanation that also explains the excess mortalities in other places.

what's .6% mortality when applied to the entire population of Utah?
what's 4% mortality when applied to the entire population of Victoria?
Overall there is little difference age and health--wise between Australia and the US. It sounds like Utah is different enough from the US overall to explain it.

Our treatment of aged care here has been a disaster and explains the high death rate, but I assumed this was happening in the US too. We have this utterly retarded situation in our federal system where health care is a state issue, but aged care is federal. Not sure how that works in the US.

But basically even though we got on top of the pandemic early and had months to prepare for a second wave, the feds just let a poorly trained casualised workforce float between different aged care facilities spreading the disease around. And then basically passed the blame off to the state, which had its own fuck ups.

It's been a pretty horrible advertisement for the virtues of federalism down here. The country has so many resources tied up in the covid-free fiefdoms that could be used in the actual epicentre.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
This doesn't even make sense. How can you expect people to have honest conversations with you when you say stuff like this? Just remember when you point your finger at someone you have 3 pointed abck at yourself.
Honest discussion?
You know better than that.

Aren't you the don't take me serious guy?

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Honest discussion?
You know better than that.

Aren't you the don't take me serious guy?
You now why I say not to take me serious.....because you say it every single time anyone presses you on anything. I learned it from you, so you can;t get upset about me using it. That's not how this works.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You now why I say not to take me serious.....because you say it every single time anyone presses you on anything. I learned it from you, so you can;t get upset about me using it. That's not how this works.
I'm not upset homie

Just not interested in rehashing the same argument again over the unreliable PCR testing

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm not upset homie

Just not interested in rehashing the same argument again over the unreliable PCR testing
You don't even understand pcr tests, how can you be so sure they are unreliable? Stop listening to the media, they are brain washing you. Peace and love.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You don't even understand pcr tests, how can you be so sure they are unreliable? Stop listening to the media, they are brain washing you. Peace and love.
Peace and Love Brother

We will get thru this plandemic together

M

member 3289

Overall there is little difference age and health--wise between Australia and the US. It sounds like Utah is different enough from the US overall to explain it.

Our treatment of aged care here has been a disaster and explains the high death rate, but I assumed this was happening in the US too. We have this utterly retarded situation in our federal system where health care is a state issue, but aged care is federal. Not sure how that works in the US.

But basically even though we got on top of the pandemic early and had months to prepare for a second wave, the feds just let a poorly trained casualised workforce float between different aged care facilities spreading the disease around. And then basically passed the blame off to the state, which had its own fuck ups.

It's been a pretty horrible advertisement for the virtues of federalism down here. The country has so many resources tied up in the covid-free fiefdoms that could be used in the actual epicentre.
Oh just wait till you see what Florida does. Our governor recently forced stage 3 reopenings on the entire state. That means bars, clubs etc are now open. He left it up to local officials to decide capacity limits but now wants to take those away too lol.

Oh and he also removed the ability for local officials to fine people in violation of county/city mask ordinances, effectively making said ordinances impossible to enforce.

Florida is one of 11 states that is seeing significant declining weekly numbers of cases. Statewide we've been around or below 5% positivity for a month or more. My area (which historically has had higher numbers) has been at 3-4%.

And that's all about to go to shit because of this Trump fuck boi Ron DeSantis.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Interview with a neurologist
This is honestly what I think this weapon was created for.
And I think what we're seeing in the streets is the manifestation of its effects on the population.
This is getting virtually zero attention, despite being talked about early.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

TheFifthScallop

Who am I kidding? I’m a whore.
Amateur Fighter
Nov 15, 2015
Got word today that multiple coworkers on a job site I’ve been on have tested positive. I got sent home early today to go get tested, but can not get a test until tomorrow late afternoon. Luckily I will be paid for time off. Oh man will it feel good to get paid to go fishing tomorrow morning before my test. Got to love that silver lining.