General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Here is my question. When someone has a reoccurrence of symptoms, who decides or orders the samples to be tested to see if this is indeed the same infection or a new/different infection? And how often does this testing actually occur?

Splinty @Splinty , can you advise on this?

I ask because I work at a hospital that is only 12 miles from a larger hospital with an actual COVID unit. Most citizens here are aware of this. So we probably aren't even seeing the majority or worst cases. However, we are still having several cases of "comebacks". These are people who supposedly recovered after testing positive for corona and now have a sudden onset of symptoms several weeks (my experience 3-6 weeks) after the initial illness. I have no way of knowing if any of these people were/or are being tested to determine if these cases are a recurrence or new infection. I just know these numbers are growing.

I actually encountered two of these cases just yesterday.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Here is my question. When someone has a reoccurrence of symptoms, who decides or orders the samples to be tested to see if this is indeed the same infection or a new/different infection? And how often does this testing actually occur?

Splinty @Splinty , can you advise on this?

I ask because I work at a hospital that is only 12 miles from a larger hospital with an actual COVID unit. Most citizens here are aware of this. So we probably aren't even seeing the majority or worst cases. However, we are still having several cases of "comebacks". These are people who supposedly recovered after testing positive for corona and now have a sudden onset of symptoms several weeks (my experience 3-6 weeks) after the initial illness. I have no way of knowing if any of these people were/or are being tested to determine if these cases are a recurrence or new infection. I just know these numbers are growing.

I actually encountered two of these cases just yesterday.
A woman my mother in law works with tested positive for like 3 or 4 weeks straight. Wild.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Enlighten us, please. What is the problem with that article?
He's the type of fella that believes heavy restrictions until we have a vaccine. If that article (ar least the title of it) is indicative of what will happen on a widespread level it takes vaccines as a solution off the table.

Be mindful that actually reading the article suggests this isn't suspected to be a major issue.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
I think you're going to be disappointed when covid continues to not care about weather.
Hey, buddy old pal. I typed in a search for one of my own old posts about how winter was going to run a train on the northern hemisphere so I could rub it in the forum's face, and lo and behold, one of your posts came up. This was nearly as spot on as the time you said Cowboy had better striking than Conor. Yep, coronavirus certainly doesn't seem to care about the weather. LOL.

I told all these governments in the northern hemisphere they needed to prepare their anuses for the frosty cock of flu season coronavirus. For whatever reason, they chose not to get their public health advice from some random cunt on an obscure MMA internet forum, but they would have been in much better shape if they did.

Enjoy your winter, milk shitters.