General COVID Darwin Awards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Get Boosted You ShitBirds

Don't pay attention to all the science showing the danger and ineffectiveness of the Snake Oil

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Go ahead group them together by age then. The math still checks out. Vaccinated vs unvaccinated plays a larger role in each age group.
I don't know that checks out either. Again, I'm talking about the local epidemiology, but I don't think any of the 80 plus here who have died were unvaccinated (their vaccination rate is staggeringly high). It was actually a brief talking point in the media, i also remember seeing it here, where people would point out that deaths were starting to primarily be among vaccinated patients the retort was "but they're old with multiple co-morbidties" which ironically was something that would get you labeled a monster if you applied that logic to covid restrictions this time last year.

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
what percentage of hospitalizations are people over 50, regardless of vaccine status?
" Of those who were hospitalized, 70 percent were age 65 or older and 87 percent of deaths were in that age group."

Taken from the article CMNH posted

M

member 3289

" Of those who were hospitalized, 70 percent were age 65 or older and 87 percent of deaths were in that age group."

Taken from the article CMNH posted
Not sure which article you're referencing, but I think dummy's argument is that age is a better predictor of hospitalization than vaccination status?

70% (age predictor) is lower than 87% or 95% (hospital/ICU occupancy according to the two links I posted).

So yeah, that's a dumb argument to make...

SoupCan

how bout dat
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Not sure which article you're referencing, but I think dummy's argument is that age is a better predictor of hospitalization than vaccination status?

70% (age predictor) is lower than 87% or 95% (hospital/ICU occupancy according to the two links I posted).

So yeah, that's a dumb argument to make...

this you BBB (bearded beautiful bastard)

I think maybe age is relevant, same with if there is other conditions to the persons health. I dont know, I just think there should be as much transparency as possible