General COVID Darwin Awards

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Maybe he is basing his comment of the irrefutable evidence that the vaccine has indeed drastically reduced hospitalizations and death. Regardless of what the government and pharmaceutical companies are telling.
To be fair, we don't really know that. We just have epidemiology that shows correlation. Most people were never going to die of covid, and a lot of those who were died last year.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
hilarious that people are still trying to frame this as My Side Good, Your Side Bad.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty Shinkicker @Shinkicker

First off lol at your source. What a ridiculous website. I went ahead and went to the actual brief which is what I suggest everybody do.

As best as it can that finally clears up the information. If you have a vial that is emergency use labeled but for which was created at FDA approved locations, it is identical to the branded drug and can be given as such. This includes legally. Also legally they will only apply the standard once the FDA approval date happened. They will not retroactively apply it. So no it's not just the label but rather from the date of approval and at approved facilities. But same chemical components.

Vials from other locations labeled emergency use. Maybe the same chemical content but do not legally fall under the requirements for identical FDA approval. They are chemically the same. But the distinction is made legally.

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
To be fair, we don't really know that. We just have epidemiology that shows correlation. Most people were never going to die of covid, and a lot of those who were died last year.
About 10% of people had covid last year. The majority of vulnerable people did not get it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
First off lol at your source. What a ridiculous website. I went ahead and went to the actual brief which is what I suggest everybody do.

As best as it can that finally clears up the information. If you have a vial that is emergency use labeled but for which was created at FDA approved locations, it is identical to the branded drug and can be given as such. This includes legally. Also legally they will only apply the standard once the FDA approval date happened. They will not retroactively apply it. So no it's not just the label but rather from the date of approval and at approved facilities. But same chemical components.

Vials from other locations labeled emergency use. Maybe the same chemical content but do not legally fall under the requirements for identical FDA approval. They are chemically the same. But the distinction is made legally.
how can you question child-defense-network.com?

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
You can go ahead and start here:

And then you can walk yourself through each successive step of the placebo controlled randomized trials that have been part of the successive phases of vaccine development and review.

Then simply search Google scholar for more of the same done for other vaccines throughout the world.
thoughts on the vaccine in the under-12 demographic?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You can go ahead and start here:

And then you can walk yourself through each successive step of the placebo controlled randomized trials that have been part of the successive phases of vaccine development and review.

Then simply search Google scholar for more of the same done for other vaccines throughout the world.
I hope you're not serious.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We're discussing real world outcomes, not controlled trials, remember?

I believe the statement was:

To be fair, we don't really know that. We just have epidemiology that shows correlation
That is simply not true.

It is through multi center blinded placebo controlled randomized trials powered for certain outcomes that you identify that causation beyond correlation.

If you're going to discount the standard for how we identify a cause for an outcome then claim there's no evidence beyond correlation then you are giving yourself a circular logic to always be right. With such a standard there is no causation for anything.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I believe the statement was:

That is simply not true.

It is through multi center blinded placebo controlled randomized trials powered for certain outcomes that you identify that causation beyond correlation.

If you're going to discount the standard for how we identify a cause for an outcome then claim there's no evidence beyond correlation then you are giving yourself a circular logic to always be right. With such a standard there is no causation for anything.
The context of my statement was another poster stating that we know deaths and hospitalizations are down because of vaccination. We don't know that. That does not mean that the vaccine didn't work in trials, that means that the real world doesn't use controls.

People also seem to forget that the covid hospitalization rate is 1-5%, and that patient care has improved over the last 2 years.