General Democratic 2020 Election Watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
While I agree with you in principle, the fact that every other president in modern times has done so and Trump refuses definitely makes it look like he's hiding shit.

There's no law saying he has to, so I don't have a problem with him not doing it. And I don't see him as an honest person anyway so I'm not bothered by it. Let the IRS do its job as you say.
I assume he isn't doing it because he has a bunch of business write-offs. Your typical layperson isn't going to be able to make heads or tails out of it anyway, and the media would certainly spin it to make him look like a cheating scumbag.

The fact is this: He'd be an idiot to pay MORE taxes than he is legally obligated to.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Idk about you guys but I have a record player in my house
I was going to let the record player comment go, although I did laugh when I read that.
He definitely provided some free ammo for the "You're too old" argument. I wonder if anyone capitalized on that? (I didn't watch the debates)

M

member 3289

I assume he isn't doing it because he has a bunch of business write-offs. Your typical layperson isn't going to be able to make heads or tails out of it anyway, and the media would certainly spin it to make him look like a cheating scumbag.

The fact is this: He'd be an idiot to pay MORE taxes than he is legally obligated to.
He pays zero taxes, he's admitted to as much in the past.

I'm guessing he fucked up and included a receipt for a golden shower in Moscow as part of his travel expenses.

M

member 3289

I was going to let the record player comment go, although I did laugh when I read that.
He definitely provided some free ammo for the "You're too old" argument. I wonder if anyone capitalized on that? (I didn't watch the debates)
Castro made a comment that he later said had nothing to do with age. The rest of the field has already ruled it out but I imagine by the time we get to Iowa they'll renege.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
He pays zero taxes, he's admitted to as much in the past.
Which is perfectly fine if he has enough write-offs to net him at zero after filing.
Although he's so dense his "zero taxes" comment is probably a reference to the balance once his accountants are done with his filing.

Trump: "Well, it's April 15. How did we make out?"
Accountants: "You owe nothing. And you get zero back."
Trump: "Zero taxes? Nice!"

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Castro made a comment that he later said had nothing to do with age. The rest of the field has already ruled it out but I imagine by the time we get to Iowa they'll renege.
I would have said "What about an 8-Track, Joe? Would that also work in introducing words to black children since you obviously think their parents aren't capable of doing so?'

2 birds. 1 stone.

M

member 3289

I would have said "What about an 8-Track, Joe? Would that also work in introducing words to black children since you obviously think their parents aren't capable of doing so?'

2 birds. 1 stone.
They're all on the "Trump is the one who insults people, we should be better than that" train.

It probably means they don't want to fuck themselves out of a VP selection.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
What did Beto say that triggered this? it sounds like a typical non sense reactionary attack.
what do you mean what did he say? beto is a rich irish dude who is now pretending to be a mexican who is campaigning on taking everyones guns.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
what do you mean what did he say? beto is a rich irish dude who is now pretending to be a mexican who is campaigning on taking everyones guns.
I know next to nothing about him but being rich and white doesn't exclude you from discussing privilege; being rich and self entitled about non earned privilege does.

M

member 3289

I know next to nothing about him but being rich and white doesn't exclude you from discussing privilege; being rich and self entitled about non earned privilege does.
He's a rich white guy who panders to Latino voters. He has a substantial young following and came close to unseating Senator Ted Cruz (in Texas) in the midterm elections.

He used that "success" (he lost the senatorial race but the closeness was seen as somewhat of a success) to announce a presidential bid. He had been lagging in the polls recently so he decided to go a little extreme on the topic of gun control, saying that he was going to take people's AR 15s and AK 47s. No other Democrat candidate is saying this afaik.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
nothing excludes you from discussing anything in a free country

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
nothing excludes you from discussing anything in a free country
I'm going to guess you understood what I meant. you were the one that posted a tweet that was DQ'ing from championing social policy-related issue because he's filthy rich (or that was my understanding of it - sorry if I'm tripping as like I said I'm not really into the topic). I do know you keep parroting reactionary memes and tweets.

Last edited:

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
He's a rich white guy who panders to Latino voters. He has a substantial young following and came close to unseating Senator Ted Cruz (in Texas) in the midterm elections.

He used that "success" (he lost the senatorial race but the closeness was seen as somewhat of a success) to announce a presidential bid. He had been lagging in the polls recently so he decided to go a little extreme on the topic of gun control, saying that he was going to take people's AR 15s and AK 47s. No other Democrat candidate is saying this afaik.
The intricacies of this gun control debate is surreal for non Americans. in my common sense there is no debate about people having rights to own AK 47s. I know there are historical debates about the intended scope of the Second Amendment and I do have to side with the interpretation that it doesn't actually apply to modern context.

USA at least has a (somewhat) legit history to back up their gun loving freaks. What's beyond pathetic is Brazilians importing that shit and pretending that this is a pressing debate on public security in Brazil. One of their top arguments is that they should have the right to own guns to protect themselves from an oppressive Estate. I picture a fool with a 38 peeking through his window while war tanks are rampaging the streets.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
The intricacies of this gun control debate is surreal for non Americans. in my common sense there is no debate about people having rights to own AK 47s. I know there are historical debates about the intended scope of the Second Amendment and I do have to side with the interpretation that it doesn't actually apply to modern context.

USA at least has a (somewhat) legit history to back up their gun loving freaks. What's beyond pathetic is Brazilians importing that shit and pretending that this is a pressing debate on public security in Brazil. One of their top arguments is that they should have the right to own guns to protect themselves from an oppressive Estate. I picture a fool with a 38 peeking through his window while war tanks are rampaging the streets.
Why do you hate freedom?

M

member 3289

It's surreal for me as an American, and I agree with your interpretation that the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to the modern context.

We actually had an assault weapons ban in place but George W Bush used 9/11 as a reason not to renew it. And while I understand that it is not logistically feasible to confiscate all guns from the population, I don't think any private citizen should own anything larger than a handgun. And that includes hunting weapons. If you can't hunt with a pistol then don't hunt.

Your funny hypothetical about citizens vs tanks is actually what fuels the retard side of the gun debate in this country. People think they should be able to own automatic assault weapons so that the GUVMINT can't force them to give up their freedom.

Force wouldn't even be necessary. Unlike in Brazil, Americans are very trusting of the government and also (like or unlike Brazilians) very naive. The right publicity campaign could take away all liberties before 90% of the population even realized it.