General Democratic 2020 Election Watch

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
It's surreal for me as an American, and I agree with your interpretation that the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to the modern context.
DC versus Keller says otherwise

We actually had an assault weapons ban in place but George W Bush used 9/11 as a reason not to renew
it was always set to expire and 9/11 didn't need to happen for it to continue to do so.

n, I don't think any private citizen should own anything larger than a handgun. And that includes hunting weapons. If you can't hunt with a pistol then don't hunt.

This continues to be your most baffling position to me. If your major interest is reducing gun crime accidental injuries etc, why on Earth are you still okay with the thing that causes the most gun crime? That kills the most people in guns? That is used in the most suicides?

I'm not baiting and I seriously don't understand your position here. I understand the idea of wanting to ban some guns or all guns or anything like that. What is it about this class of guns that seems less dangerous to you when it seems the more dangerous to me? And there's numbers and evidence to show it.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Your funny hypothetical about citizens vs tanks is actually what fuels the retard side of the gun debate in this country. People think they should be able to own automatic assault weapons so that the GUVMINT can't force them to give up their freedom.

Force wouldn't even be necessary. Unlike in Brazil, Americans are very trusting of the government and also (like or unlike Brazilians) very naive. The right publicity campaign could take away all liberties before 90% of the population even realized it.
Governments are helping to take away every resource that citizens need to live a worthy life while making them believe that owning guns, restraining immigrants, reacting against feminism/LGBT/climate change policy and reducing the scope of social policies in the name of "austerity" will somehow make their lives better.

What protects citizens against the government is high quality democracy, free press, civil rights, not guns.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
What protects citizens against the government is high quality democracy, free press, civil rights, not guns.
High quality democracy? LMAO
Free Press? LMOA
Civil Rights? Debatable

By no means do I think my small supply of weapons can protect me against the government, but I'll be damned if I'm going go let them take them from me.

The simple fact that they want to take them away is the very reason I want to hold on to them.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
High quality democracy? LMAO
Free Press? LMOA
Civil Rights? Debatable

By no means do I think my small supply of weapons can protect me against the government, but I'll be damned if I'm going go let them take them from me.

The simple fact that they want to take them away is the very reason I want to hold on to them.
disregarding the first two concepts while at the same time holding on to a whacky theory about guns is very suspect. You sound like you could be a Bolsonaro supporter. the "government" doesn't actually want to take anyone's guns but easily available guns cause so much trouble they will have to do something at some point.

KWingJitsu

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Nov 15, 2015
I see this thread has gone full extra chromosome...

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
except that is exactly what beto is campaigning on
Like I said I know nothing about him specifically but guns are part of the status quo and politicians won't fight it if they can get away with it. Politics may lead them down this road or that one as a strategy. Even not knowing Beto it's pretty obvious he is championing gun confiscation in order to make some noise and get his name out there since he is not a real player in 2020 elections.

M

member 3289

Even not knowing Beto it's pretty obvious he is championing gun confiscation in order to make some noise and get his name out there since he is not a real player in 2020 elections.
Grasping at straws is a better way to describe it